You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Soloun

Game Type

25 comments in this topic

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
252 posts
7,004 battles

Hi All,

Is anyone else interested in 2 new types of random matches? 

Open Random - Every Ship Type,, including CV's, basically what we get in Random atm

Restricted Random - Every Ship Type, except CV's, basically a pure surface game, similar to what we used to have but instead of an occasional CV game there would be none at all.

I know you can twist this and say well why not have BB's only or NO DD's etc. well, why not? If there is enough people interested and they are willing to pay then take their money right?

I know there is no way to really know if this would work or even be wanted by players, you would need an in game survey, you would also need to ask about paying for content etc. its not a simple matter.

All I know is I used to pay and since the CV Change I no longer do and have no plans to do so again, it feels like this change was rammed down my throat, I was paying for the game and that means nothing, like my money isn't any good.

If there was a non CV mode I'd go back to paying /shrug, that's just me though.

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
252 posts
7,004 battles

LOL if there is ANY chance that they can't get a game if people get a choice, having them in game is a finger in the face of every surface only ship player like myself, they need me for targets, I don't need them.

1,646 posts
10,220 battles
34 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Go read the other thread where we talked about the slippery slope of starting class limited battles.

https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/topic/36495-simple-solution-to-cv-problem/?do=findComment&comment=424672

This. There is really no need to start another thread.

Also talking about starting threads, isn't creating 4 anti-CV threads in one day a bit excessive?

Perhaps OP might want to take a break? Go take a nice walk outside or something? :fish_aqua:

1,015 posts
5,666 battles
Just now, Thyaliad said:

Also talking about starting threads, isn't creating 4 anti-CV threads in one day a bit excessive?

When I saw 4 threads within 5 minutes with all the same name, I was like "Why can't you put it all in one?"

830 posts
7,249 battles

@Soloun You, personally have started 4 threads about CVs in the past two hours (one disguised as a thread about Musashi/Krond).

I'm being polite, but don't you think that's a bit much? Surely your complaints opinions can just go on one thread.

and that's ignoring the fact there are already dozens of CV threads out there.

Seriously mate, call it a day, or a week , or a month even. You just look like a tryhard and people get tired of you.

392 posts
8,923 battles

But why not .... I think such kind of MM should be allowed ... Hey check the current Space Battle , can you play a BB in Torpedo beat .. there is nothing wrong about providing choice, if choice of such is provided and the majority choose to play No CV game ( or NO DD, or NO Radar, or NO BB .... etc etc ) its simply a reflection of how the game playing community feel about how certain type of ships are ... many team combat games had similar mechanism where participating players can choose to ban a certain character or character type ( with WOWS that is type of ship ) to the whole game or specifically the enemy team. It just provide a different game play scenario .. players are free to choose .. and choice allowed is always good ... may not be good for those who choose to play unpopular ships but then do we not have this already long ago ... when people keep asking to have game with no DD

I do agree having 4 threads on same topic get really old , but the idea posted itself, its not really anything special or annoying and certainly its not a taboo. In fact from a long term and healthy gaming POV it should be considered .. of course I re iterate my previous ... it should not be just one choice it should be allowing say No DD, No Radar, No CV, No BB and may be others can add to that and extrapolating on that, some of the current space battle mode should be added to the Random and posted as choice ( either inclusive or exclusive choice )

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
252 posts
7,004 battles

Thanks for the advice on threads, I DID actually think to myself that's to many, to soon :) 

As this is the vocal minority though it doesn't really matter, and as for people getting tired of me, don't read the threads if your tired of them. 

big thanks to everyone who pointed out I started 4 Threads in 10mins, I already knew that though. 

751 posts
7,873 battles

The amount of times this same old nonsense is posted is beyond a joke at this point.

So I'll just give the regular responses::Smile_teethhappy:

> Game without Radar Cruisers

> Game without DDs

> Game without BBs

> Game without Stalingrad

Etc...

#JustAdapt

1,015 posts
5,666 battles
2 minutes ago, _TAMAL_ said:

The amount of times this same old nonsense is posted is beyond a joke at this point.

So I'll just give the regular responses::Smile_teethhappy:

> Game without Radar Cruisers

> Game without DDs

> Game without BBs

> Game without Stalingrad

Etc...

#JustAdapt

Just games without T8 ships being pummelled by T10 ships is enough.

751 posts
7,873 battles
1 minute ago, Paladinum said:

Just games without T8 ships being pummelled by T10 ships is enough.

Well, that is a different topic...let's not bring it here. This thread needs damage control, not an extra fire in the stern:Smile-_tongue:

1,015 posts
5,666 battles
Just now, _TAMAL_ said:

Well, that is a different topic...let's not bring it here. This thread needs damage control, not an extra fire in the stern:Smile-_tongue:

You mean "in the AFT"?

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
388 posts
8 時間前、Soloun の発言:

don't read the threads if your tired of them. 

if you don't want people to read them, open yourself a MS word document and type your opinion in it, or buy yourself a diary book then start writing again.

If you decide to post that on a forum, people are going to read it even you ask them not to.

It's like saying you draw graffiti over a train station platform and tell people around not to mind what you are doing - it won't work, people will still take photo and/or stream of your doing and post them on their social media.

And yes, we all know you lot are sick of current CV meta and yes so far WG won't remove them/revert them because of your agony over current meta.

I can't predict the future though.

Edited by spixys

830 posts
7,249 battles
7 hours ago, spixys said:

if you don't want people to read them, open yourself a MS word document and type your opinion in it, or buy yourself a diary book then start writing again.

If you decide to post that on a forum, people are going to read it even you ask them not to.

It's like saying you draw graffiti over a train station platform and tell people around not to mind what you are doing - it won't work, people will still take photo and/or stream of your doing and post them on their social media.

And yes, we all know you lot are sick of current CV meta and yes so far WG won't remove them/revert them because of your agony over current meta.

It’s kinda like telling people not to watch the news if they’re tired of all the **** happening in the world. Just because most of it is **** doesn’t mean people don’t want to keep up with current events and see what is happening.

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
388 posts
2 時間前、Grygus_Triss の発言:

It’s kinda like telling people not to watch the news if they’re tired of all the **** happening in the world. Just because most of it is **** doesn’t mean people don’t want to keep up with current events and see what is happening. 

He asked people to not read his comment if they are tired of them on a public venue - So I suggested him to keep the comment for his own if he actually do not want others to read it.

If you put that on a forum it means you want people to read it.

Edited by spixys

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
252 posts
7,004 battles

I said don't read them if you're tired of them, you is not everyone who reads these forums.

To assume everyone MUST be tired of them because you are just shows how self centered your thinking is.

The same as I am a bit, because I'm posting this stuff hoping something good may come of it and yes it will be good for ME as well as the game, IMO.

I'd like to see CV's reduced to one per match, I think that would be a good compromise atm, but with their numbers in que so high would cause issues with wait times I guess, so very unlikely.

I do like to think I make excellent fodder though :) If you're going to do something at least try to do it well :) I plan plan to keep playing so.... 

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
388 posts
58 分前、Soloun の発言:

I said don't read them if you're tired of them, you is not everyone who reads these forums.

To assume everyone MUST be tired of them because you are just shows how self centered your thinking is.

The same as I am a bit, because I'm posting this stuff hoping something good may come of it and yes it will be good for ME as well as the game, IMO.

I'd like to see CV's reduced to one per match, I think that would be a good compromise atm, but with their numbers in que so high would cause issues with wait times I guess, so very unlikely.

I do like to think I make excellent fodder though :) If you're going to do something at least try to do it well 🙂 I plan plan to keep playing so.... 

If you want to write them publicly in this forum, prepare people who don't want to read them to read it and give 2 cents about it, because it's a public place, you can't stop people reading it as we can't stop you posting it.

I don't mind if you go ahead and spam the whole forum with your post about your "CV suggestion". Because you just repeating what people who are similar to your kind suggested as many as 50 threads ago, and many people not just me post against it as well as supporting your thought it, that brings me to the next point:

15 時間前、spixys の発言:

5 時間前、spixys の発言:

He asked people to not read his comment if they are tired of them on a public venue - So I suggested him to keep the comment for his own if he actually do not want others to read it.

If you put that on a forum it means you want people to read it.

Please read them properly again, I did not assume everyone to be tired, if you want to refer "He asked people to not read his comment if they are tired of them" as everyone, then:

2019/4/17 に 午後3時59分 に、Soloun の発言:

and as for people getting tired of me, don't read the threads if your tired of them. 

It was YOU who assume people who are tired.

BTW I did not grow tired of kinds like you, I want to see how much more interesting things about CV you can point apart from your "remove CV", "make 1 CV per game" (thanks WG for fulfilling your wish partially), "make CV exclusive game mode" and "revert old RTS CV", as I said before, reading post from kinds like you has provided me a reason to visit this forum once a while.

Edited by spixys