Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Soloun

CV Match Impact Issue, In Reverse

4 comments in this topic

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
252 posts
7,004 battles

HIYAS,

In a recent patch WGing mentioned that as CV's have a reduced impact to a matches outcome they would be ok with there being as many as 3 per team in matches if required to prevent CV players from having long que waits.

Just curious if WGing took into account the level of Impact a CV player has on a matches outcome when they are afk, or if they simply aren't all that good? Basically not how much positive impact they can have but just how much negative??

It's great WGing feel CV's have minimal impact to the outcome of a game, I personally think thats crazy thinking, if so why do so many people play them, if so why are they almost always 4 CV's still on the map at the end of the game?? BUT lets assume they are correct.

So what about if your team has one CV who thinks running into the center of the map and launching zero planes all game is a good tactic? What about and AFK CV? 

WGing have you even considered the level of impact they negative CV has to the outcome of a match and factored that into allowable numbers per match?? 

Thoughts anyone?

1,646 posts
10,220 battles
1 hour ago, Soloun said:

It's great WGing feel CV's have minimal impact to the outcome of a game, I personally think thats crazy thinking, if so why do so many people play them, if so why are they almost always 4 CV's still on the map at the end of the game??

Imo the new CVs have nowhere near the influence the old ones did. They are great when top tier or at punishing bad teams, but if bottom tiered or against good teams, their effectiveness ia greatly limited.

Perhaps people are playing them because they find them fun to play. Personally I like CVs precisely because they offer unique gameplay. 

Beta Tester
813 posts
3,726 battles
12 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Personally I like CVs precisely because they offer unique gameplay. ~ You

A-lot of Tier 8 Premiums to be precise. Hardly cases of Lady Lexington , " The Crane which floats the sky " & Implacable.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

392 posts
8,923 battles
12 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Imo the new CVs have nowhere near the influence the old ones did. They are great when top tier or at punishing bad teams, but if bottom tiered or against good teams, their effectiveness ia greatly limited.

Perhaps people are playing them because they find them fun to play. Personally I like CVs precisely because they offer unique gameplay. 

from a total game and game play somewhat so, but not really so for other players, the CV rework had great impact on other ship type and almost most of them are negative and some negative to a point of ruining the game .. unfortunately ,, and so far I am not seeing anyone able to provide a decent answer as to why it should be so

Sign in to follow this