Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TinDingo

Simple solution to CV problem

27 comments in this topic

14 posts
2,704 battles

My solution to the CV problem is this...

Every other games is guaranteed to be CV free.
You get a CV game followed by a non CV game.
It doesn't matter how many CVs are in a CV game because you know it will be a CV game and can you take out your best anti CV ship.
The non CV games it where you take out whatever the hell you want - it will be a World Of Warships game, not a World Of Carriers game.

If this were implemented I would not care what WG did with CVs - buff, nerf, balance - I wouldn't care as I would only be invested in the non CV games.

Super Tester
4,300 posts
4,866 battles
15 minutes ago, TinDingo said:

If this were implemented I would not care what WG did with CVs - buff, nerf, balance - I wouldn't care as I would only be invested in the non CV games

And how do you think you would be doing that?   How would players spec and respec their ships and captains for each game?  How would the matchmaker determine which player has faced a CV and which hasn't?   What happens to the CV players that have to wait twice as long for a game?

There are numerous issues with this idea.

758 posts
8,607 battles
27 minutes ago, TinDingo said:

It doesn't matter how many CVs are in a CV game because you know it will be a CV game and can you take out your best anti CV ship

except that when you get targeted, you gonna be coming out of the port ..let see... 2minute time

Edited by Gummilicious

14 posts
2,704 battles
1 hour ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

And how do you think you would be doing that?   How would players spec and respec their ships and captains for each game?  How would the matchmaker determine which player has faced a CV and which hasn't?   What happens to the CV players that have to wait twice as long for a game?

There are numerous issues with this idea.

1. You would not res-pec anything, you would have your CV game ships specked accordingly.

2. The MM can do whatever WG want it to - it always has.

3. Adding more CVs to a CV game ensures low que times.

The only issue with my idea is that CV games would become a new game mode; But we have multiple game modes now.

Edited by TinDingo

Super Tester
4,300 posts
4,866 battles
3 minutes ago, TinDingo said:

1. You would not res-pec anything, you would have your CV game ships specked accordingly.

2. The MM can do whatever WG want it to - it always has.

3. Adding more CVs to a CV game ensures low que times.

The only issue with my idea is that CV games would become a new game mode; But we have multiple game modes now.

1.  Someone grinding one line has to sit out every second game or just get pumped because the one ship they are grinding is not built right.  Or they double their grind time by not using it in every second game.

2. I thinks its a bit more complicated than that.

3.  The inverse problem may occur where the CV games are saturated and there aren't enough of the other classes to cope. 

A new game mode does nothing more than dilute the already low player pool for MM to draw from.

354 posts
7,748 battles

I'd just be happy with having CV's as -/+ 1 in match making.

Being a T6 with 2 CV's in game is a nightmare... especially when its 2 T8 CV's. Not fun at all.

838 posts
7,273 battles

I laugh every time I see the words "simple solution" because it is almost guaranteed not to be. If a solution was simple, it would already be implemented.

This is really not that dissimilar to the whole "two modes, one with CV, the other no CV" and runs into the same problem. Queue time.

You would need two whole separate queues, maybe more, depending on tier, and what happens when there are more people in the queue due for a no CV game than there are due for a CV game?

38 minutes ago, TinDingo said:

I wouldn't care as I would only be invested in the non CV games

The biggest flaw I see in this, is that some players would deliberately die in the first few minutes so they could go back to port, get another ship, and go play their preferred game. Leaving the other players in the game worse off.

And this is all ignoring what it does to the games which CVs ARE in. 3 or more CVs per team per match? Would be absolute hell for every surface ship. While many of us accept that CVs are here to stay, doesn't mean that we don't think that there should be balance in every CV game. 3 CVs push that balance already.

And what about CV's affect on the MM? Could you say, force the MM by playing a game IN a CV, then take whatever ship into the next game, knowing it would be CV free? Or are CVs simply outside the system?

Like I said, "simple solution" makes me laugh.

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
390 posts
23 分前、dejiko_nyo の発言:

Simplest solution: Quit WOWS.

Next simplest solution: Adapt to situation. Oh wait, this one is not easy because you can see how people cannot adapt to changing situations in game.

I think Quitting is not much easier for certain group of people as we can see threads in this forum from the "other" side.

Crying and complaining in agony and anger on the forum is easier for them, and I enjoy reading some of them too, it provides me some meaning to visit this forum.

Edited by spixys

1,035 posts
5,685 battles
35 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I laugh every time I see the words "simple solution" because it is almost guaranteed not to be. If a solution was simple, it would already be implemented.

Simple but not easy. 

Simple to say, but extremely NOT easy to implement without glaring, obvious drawbacks.

406 posts
8,968 battles

I think there should be an option screen choice on random battle that said

1. No CV
  2. No Radar
  3. No DD
  4. No BB

Only 1 choice allowed

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
390 posts
たった今、Mechfori の発言:

1. No CV
  2. No Radar
  3. No DD
  4. No BB

Only 1 choice allowed

Some random Haters: "I need an option 5: all of the above"

Edited by spixys

838 posts
7,273 battles
2 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

1. No CV
  2. No Radar
  3. No DD
  4. No BB

Only 1 choice allowed

1 minute ago, spixys said:

Some random Haters: "I need an option 5: all of the above"

Should WG just go back to original concept of World of Battleships?

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
390 posts
7 分前、Grygus_Triss の発言:

Should WG just go back to original concept of World of Battleships?

By those choices provided above it's world of cruisers I think.

Edited by spixys

1,653 posts
10,229 battles
57 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

"Simple solution" usually means "solution that has problems which I did not foresee because I did not put in more than 10s of thought into coming up with said solution". :Smile-_tongue:

1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

This is really not that dissimilar to the whole "two modes, one with CV, the other no CV" and runs into the same problem. Queue time.

Not only that. It is effectively splitting the playerbase. And why stop there? Why not add a no DD/BB/radar/potato/better-player-than-me queue? 

I always roll my eyes whenever someone suggests a no-CV queue.

406 posts
8,968 battles

the meta had already splinter the player base ; right now its like ... OK so the game do not want us light force , then we simply do not play .. I know a lot of this ... witness the ever decreased numbers of DD in game as well as less CL ( mostly RN ) in mid / mid high tier ; the players are not dumb , they know even if they spec heavily for AA they are still not going to hide from the spotting, they are still then forced into position that Radar can easily locate and their AA still are not effective ... and no amount of AA even do any damage to CV's ability to stay afloat nor much if any to its ability to fight. When a game specifically made a class of players basically handicapped, then you can be sure that that class of players will simply choose to not to play or they will revert to rather peculiar behavior ( yes guns, you want spotting call CV ; you want screening, then provide me with AA bubble and up CLOSE fire support ; oh and you want me out to torp the enemy guns, sorry ask the CV for their torp squadron , and you guys are not even taking out the Radar either ... ) 

the CV rework is bot nad for the CV players, but is bad for the overall game health cause it not only break core game mechanism for so many, and basically introduce an AA that just do not do AA, and most of all it force people into passive game play that further hamper teamwork. BB won't get up to back their cruisers and then the cruisers would not get up front to support the DD and CL and then the light force, well they quit or they choose to either sail wide of the fleet ( so they do not get spotted and of course unable to support the fleet either ) or they simply just sail back there and not doing any vanguard duties and who can blame them for that .. like I stated many times, for light force, now its survival first and anything else irrelevant, so the team want duty done or wanting a victory ... sorry won't do the guns want themselves saved from being killed, so do the light force and; victory will come when it will come ...   

Edited by Mechfori

758 posts
8,607 battles
1 hour ago, Mechfori said:

1. No CV
  2. No Radar
  3. No DD
  4. No BB

Only 1 choice allowed

haha

good luck waiting for the MM

761 posts
16,006 battles
2 hours ago, spixys said:

I think Quitting is not much easier for certain group of people as we can see threads in this forum from the "other" side.

Crying and complaining in agony and anger on the forum is easier for them, and I enjoy reading some of them too, it provides me some meaning to visit this forum.

Those people are into M.

For me, I am more S, watching and savouring that delicious agony and the weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Also, can we add "No human players unless in a div?" Really, once you start with this segregation, it will just snowball when everyone wants their little part of the woods.

14 posts
2,704 battles
16 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

1.  Someone grinding one line has to sit out every second game or just get pumped because the one ship they are grinding is not built right.  Or they double their grind time by not using it in every second game.

2. I thinks its a bit more complicated than that.

3.  The inverse problem may occur where the CV games are saturated and there aren't enough of the other classes to cope. 

A new game mode does nothing more than dilute the already low player pool for MM to draw from.

1. True, but still, every second game they do what the want.

2. I have been coding since 1985, it may be complicated but well within the capacity of any good coder.

3. The other vessels will have to play CVs every second game so the number of other vessels in the queue will not change - we are just increasing the number of CVs in a CV game so that we can reduce the number of CVs in a non CV game (to zero).

Edited by TinDingo

Super Tester
1,408 posts

The meta for CV's has definitely changed the way people play this game.

I am seeing a healthy rise of new players playing Co-op only or Operations.

Especially Co-op, as there are no enemy CV's.

1,035 posts
5,685 battles
6 minutes ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

The meta for CV's has definitely changed the way people play this game.

I am seeing a healthy rise of new players playing Co-op only or Operations.

Especially Co-op, as there are no enemy CV's.

Nothing lasts forever, captain.

[HKENL]
99 posts
7,227 battles
15 hours ago, Mechfori said:

1. No CV
  2. No Radar
  3. No DD
  4. No BB

Only 1 choice allowed

i want 5. No noob :cap_horn: