Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_S_H_I_N_I_G_A_M_I_

Space Assault Tips or Something

10 comments in this topic

13 posts

I've been playing a lot of this mode and it's quite fun or frustrating, but mostly frustrating.

It seems you get swapped to attacking and defending on a daily basis. Around the same time the Combat Missions reset.

It's quite favorable to be on the attacking team, if the team knows what they're doing. This is due to respawning, which defending team can't do. Banzai! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) you know what I mean. Hue hue hue.

At the same time, it's quite bad to be on attack if most of your team (and maybe even you) do these things:

• prioritizing high HP boats while there are other favorable targets.
  • not finishing off the target which usually accompanies point # 1. That Alldestroyer you spent 5 mins to hit, is now full HP again. Congrats!
  • not understanding rules. All you had to do is follow the damn tra- blow the generators up instead of chasing that DD across the map.
  • camping. This is not Don't Starve or something. And this is what I hated most.
  • running away when low HP even if they didn't go close to enemy base. And funny enough, one teammate I had deliberately killed a Zaya because it just stayed behind almost the whole game.

For defending team, it's bad when they (or you):

• push. Oh hey, you know those 4 generators you left behind on the other side of the map? They're gone.
  • run the same detection consumable at same time at (almost) the same place. You won't make an orchestra by running multiple hydroacoustic, get it? Acoustic? I tried.
  • forget that enemies respawn just like zombies. And since #2, no more consumables. Imagine playing L4D2 where that tank would have been easier to deal with if you and your teammate hadn't thrown 2 molotovs at the same zombie earlier.

Want to win at defending?

• Guard that generator with your life, literally.
  • Prioritize things that can torp. Heal is gradual, you can't deal with burst damage.
  • Don't let those torp botes get close, this is a no brainer.
  • Secondary build is ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Survive the longest as a BB, as your dead teammates' (may they rest in peace) souls boost your healing.

Want to win at either?

• Have a positive mindset.
  • Communicate
  • Cool 1

[ANZAC]
451 posts
15,213 battles

Hats off to WG, a special mode that is fun.

I've had some good battle sin this mode. Don't worry, the potatoes will work out that on defense you don't push eventually; probably on the last day.

i've found the Norma pretty handy both on attack and defence.

[CLAY]
1,502 posts
9,320 battles

I can’t recall the last time I won at attacking. I’m not sure if it’s actually hard, or if my team mates just ignore generators.

While you can’t ignore the enemy ships, and should prioritise low hp ones. If you have 2 minutes left, and have a shot, you should probably target the generators, yeah, you may die because you didn’t sink that enemy ship, but the extra time gives your respawned team mates time to move into position and finish the job.

[NAU]
29 posts
4,609 battles

I have had a lot of fun in this game mode so far, I have been playing a lot of the Alldestroyer in it and boy it does a lot of work defending.

So far my records in it defending are 6 million damage tanked, over 500k damage actually receved, and over 400k damage dealt.

[UNRYU]
80 posts
5,841 battles

You forgot one important rule for the defending team (important for every mode really)

NEVER EVER broadside anything. I've seen too many cruisers giving full broadside just to kill a ship that would eventually respawn. (I myself have killed 6 defending ships in 1 push due to this idiocy but it still pains my heart)

[CLAY]
1,502 posts
9,320 battles
32 minutes ago, exter001 said:

You forgot one important rule for the defending team (important for every mode really)

NEVER EVER broadside anything. I've seen too many cruisers giving full broadside just to kill a ship that would eventually respawn. (I myself have killed 6 defending ships in 1 push due to this idiocy but it still pains my heart)

Yeah, happens a lot with the Zao types.

A CA armed with torpedos has stopped firing its guns and is exposing broadside. I wonder what he’s doing?

[TLS]
2,106 posts
17,786 battles
37 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Yeah, happens a lot with the Zao types.

A CA armed with torpedos has stopped firing its guns and is exposing broadside. I wonder what he’s doing?

Spinning around like a ballerina doing a pirouette.

• Funny 1

13 posts
10 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Spinning around like a ballerina doing a pirouette.

This.

Also, I was expecting the broadside thing common sense in all modes so I didn't think it was important lol. But apparently as you guys mentioned, it's not common sense to some. :fish_palm:

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
510 posts
12,118 battles

1. You can torp the generator/station. Remember to use torps in order to fast kill them in a clutch. I've won a game where I killed a full HP generator in 10 seconds remaining with torps.

2. Just like halloween installations, AP is extremely effective, don't use HE as it won't burn them and it deals way less damage. Also keep in mind to not shoot AP to the top portion of the generator/station when you are too close, they will overpen. Shoot them into the base of generator/station so the AP will arm 100% of the time.

3. Never ever try to fight last ships when all generators are down. You just wasting your time especially if the time remaining is less than 2 minutes, even more if the last ships are Battleship.

Edited by Vio_Strygun

Sign in to follow this