Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Woofster

Rename this game

44 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1 post

They should rename this from World of Warships to World of Torp spam . its become a joke that you cant even get into a fight without a bazillion torps coming at you . 

No wonder less and less ppl are now playing it . Nice going on moderating the game WG . Dd's are a broken class in the game . and the amount or torps a cv can launch is a joke as well

Supposed to be beta testing it but how can you test a game when all you get is spammed to the hilt with torps .

You guys seriously need to go back and redo DD's and the amount of torps they can get off at a time and CV's need to be cut back to 1 squad of torp planes else its a joke

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

oh I thought you will suggest for Another interesting name

AND what I get here is another OP Torp topic again

Don't Want to get "bazillion torps coming at you" ??

Start play CV or DD

679 posts
3,522 battles

They should rename this from World of Warships to World of Torp spam . its become a joke that you cant even get into a fight without a bazillion torps coming at you . 

No wonder less and less ppl are now playing it . Nice going on moderating the game WG . Dd's are a broken class in the game . and the amount or torps a cv can launch is a joke as well

Supposed to be beta testing it but how can you test a game when all you get is spammed to the hilt with torps .

You guys seriously need to go back and redo DD's and the amount of torps they can get off at a time and CV's need to be cut back to 1 squad of torp planes else its a joke

wow, seriously.

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

Learn2Dodge and Learn2Shoot. If you get a torpedo hit you, it is most likely your personal fault (this is form personal experience, so it may vary).

Also, never play as a CV. :^)

In all seriousness, the main issue with the game is the RNG. There is too much RNG in damage when compared to the damage in Tanks. You knew you had a possible X amount of damage per shot, but in Ships you don't know what you will get until the shell makes contact. You could either just 40 damage or get a hit on the citadel that drops the guy to like 10% HP (although it does help to know where to aim at), but still there is a huge amount of variance.

I sort of compare it to the game with tanks and planes but cannot be named, you can be taken out with one hit.

Edited by ExESGO

Alpha Tester
416 posts
17 battles

It's a beta version of the game, maybe they're testing Torpedo Dynamics? Did you ever think of that?

A balillion torps? Um, maybe learn to dodge? Shoot them back?

You're everything that is wrong with the world. 

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Wolfmarm, you aren't wrong in saying that there's issues with the torpedoes in the game. We've got quite a few threads in the CB feedback/general discussion forums talking about this issue.

Destroyer torpedoes are powerful, yes, but definitely avoidable. Some people have already written guides on how to avoid them, and if you asked, some of us would have linked them to you. Torpedo bombers can be intercepted or avoided, but the general consensus is that its possible for a skilled CV player to drop an unavoidable spread of torpedoes and this is an issue that needs to be looked at and brought to WG's attention.

That being said, this post doesn't really seem very constructive, right down to the title of the post. It comes across as whining instead, and that really garners no sympathy, nor the proper attention to address what are genuinely legitimate issues with the game.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

A bunch of people have probably mentioned this already, but had you worded your post in a more useful and constructive manner, I'd be more inclined to have a proper discussion about game mechanics with you. Using a whiny tone is a great way for me to lose interest in helping you out, because it gives me the impression that you're not the type who strives to learn.

Hence, I've got two words for you: Get good.

Alpha Tester
845 posts
467 battles

Next time you saw a DD showing next to your hull or planes diving towards the water and pulled out fast, be prepared to turn towards them or as I rather call "surf the torpedo"

Beta Tester
86 posts
208 battles

torps, yes yes! There's a sh*t ton of torps that they're making grid lines just to hit a cruiser/destroyer and still won't make contact on the ship! :teethhappy: 

I don't see the issue with torpedoes tho, first I'm using cruisers and destroyers, one hit and I sink or else dodge them completely; secondly, I kept on seeing skilled BB players both on allied and enemy sides that  makes even freaking slow Fuso dance gracefully to avoid torps! ; thirdly, secondary guns of cruisers/bbs make short work of DDs.

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

torps, yes yes! There's a sh*t ton of torps that they're making grid lines just to hit a cruiser/destroyer and still won't make contact on the ship! :teethhappy: 

I don't see the issue with torpedoes tho, first I'm using cruisers and destroyers, one hit and I sink or else dodge them completely; secondly, I kept on seeing skilled BB players both on allied and enemy sides that  makes even freaking slow Fuso dance gracefully to avoid torps! ; thirdly, secondary guns of cruisers/bbs make short work of DDs.

This man knows what is up. +1

OP stop tunnel visioning.

Edited by ExESGO

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,848 posts
4,140 battles

You do know that alpha/beta tests aren't primarily about enjoyment right?  Its a bonus that it is enjoyable.

Its about finding the glaring faults right down to the niggling little glitches before it goes live and presenting concise accurate information back to the devs to act on it.

"Bazillion" is not concise accurate information nor is the ragewhine first thread.  Nice job OP.

Alpha Tester
548 posts

The more powerful, the more nerf:teethhappy:

But don't be rage, they will rebalance soon. Take the example is IS-7 in World of Tanks, when the game first came out, the tenk is OP. And now, year went by, the tank become an average tank at its tier :great:

Everyone know your feeling but the don't rage

:honoring:

Edited by DavidNsy

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Let's be fair though, I too get mildly annoyed when I lose 10k-20k hitpoints when being surrounded by torpedoes.

I.e. 4 torpedo squads + 1-3 DDs/CLs/CAs.

Who wouldn't be? It's basically the equivalent of getting shot down to ~60% hitpoints by random arty shots.

Although personally I'm much more annoyed that this situation could only happen because I'm usually left alone to hold a flank.

I should really do more of this division thing... :x

Nah... screw that.

Edit: Dear Spoiler... you had one job...

1qGPgXt.jpg

Edited by Retia

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

Excuse me, I've seen Fuso dodging torps at 4km or so.....

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

if you cant even kill a DD that come more then 5km close to you to fire his torpedo then you playing BB wrong

American DD thumb this comment up......

Sign in to follow this