Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

CVs in Aegis recently - minor rant

26 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,702 posts
10,918 battles

Aegis is a gift to players who like citadelling ducks in a row.

Row after row of lovely squishy IJN cruisers line up travelling in straight lines at a predictable pace literally raising their skirts and screaming "hit me here!"

And then CVs.

Even when they hit they do so little damage as to not help the team and when they miss (often) all they do is mess up the pattern and make it hard for everyone.

You don't have all day to kill the 3 BBs in the final phase and launching ship torpedoes from maximum range is an effective way to get the star from killing all three of them.

That is, until you line up the BBs moving predictably only to have a CV drop them, miss and do nothing but cause your own torpedos to miss....

Thanks CVs, again, thanks for nothing.

[NAU]
6 posts
2,784 battles

I agree with your sentiments about the noob CV's in aegis, I have also had a couple of misses with my ship torps due to the cv dropping the bb's. 

when my clan has a div in aegis we bring a cv with us so that at least we can guarantee that the cv will know what he is doing. (ignores the ishizuchi and the kongo and targets the fuso)

[LBAS]
4,888 posts
28,306 battles

at the beginning CV should use Dive bombers >> spotting and do some thing

after that

IJN  CVs >> Dive bombers >> truck those CAs easily without screw up a thing, Torp Bombers only for BB

RN CVs >> only Torp Bombers

USN CVs >> mixed up Torp Bombers and Dive Bombers

Edited by MatterCore

838 posts
7,263 battles

At least Pre 0.8.0 CVs did enough alpha to sink a ship in a combined strike. But even then I don’t recall using my CVs in Aegis all that often (used CV a lot in Raptor, Killer Whale and Newport).

Post 0.8.0, no, CVs do not have enough power to one hit kill a ship. They are at a similar level to other ships, needing multiple hits to do damage. The one difference they have is that they can attack from any direction.

However, in Aegis, where you do have ships sailing broadside, CVs are redundant until you get to Fuso, or start facing convoy head on.

They do mess up the one hit kill ship launched torpedos, and the instadelete citadel hits. The fact that there are so many noob Furious running around now does not help.

One could question why the bots who continue to sail in a straight line while getting citadelled, would even bother moving fro air dropped torps when they do stuff all damage. But hey, bots.

So yes, agree fully.

CV pilots, take into account team mates attacking when you attack ships.

761 posts
15,993 battles

IJN CV garbage. Also AA too OP. Nerf plz. RN CV only decent cv I have left. At least until I rage freexp to Midway.

Seriously, team don't know what they are doing at times. CV I cut slack because it is impossible to carry now. I have seen everyone concentrate on kongo and ishi and leave my cv to deal with fuso. Sometimes all forget the kongo and ishi and attack fuso. Tank in Prinz Everytimeon Fire with my clanmate; no one back us up. Sit back and miss all the snipe shots. I have literally sailed into the middle of the formation with secondaries blazing away and tanking.

761 posts
15,993 battles
5 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

At least Pre 0.8.0 CVs did enough alpha to sink a ship in a combined strike. But even then I don’t recall using my CVs in Aegis all that often (used CV a lot in Raptor, Killer Whale and Newport).

Post 0.8.0, no, CVs do not have enough power to one hit kill a ship. They are at a similar level to other ships, needing multiple hits to do damage. The one difference they have is that they can attack from any direction.

However, in Aegis, where you do have ships sailing broadside, CVs are redundant until you get to Fuso, or start facing convoy head on.

They do mess up the one hit kill ship launched torpedos, and the instadelete citadel hits. The fact that there are so many noob Furious running around now does not help.

One could question why the bots who continue to sail in a straight line while getting citadelled, would even bother moving fro air dropped torps when they do stuff all damage. But hey, bots.

So yes, agree fully.

CV pilots, take into account team mates attacking when you attack ships.

Pre 0.8 they still needed multiple strikes except they could concentrate all their strikes in one shot. Post 0.8 they "have to reload" to make multiple strikes and during this time they are subjected to AA. The reduced damage doesn't help. Plus you have to take into account the 1 minute it takes to approach target as. Previously, a carefully planned strike with all my planes could kill the fuso/previous cv and the team worry about other things or kill one(or two) of the kongo/ishi(previous 2cv) team. Now I am wholly reliant on my team following up my strikes and praying I can get another flight out.

Also, as CV, I select targets that are only worth making a run. Low health ships are usually ignored because that would waste my run unless it's an objective which I need to assure their destruction.

1,651 posts
10,224 battles

Bad CVs will do the things you mentioned. Although to be fair, a bad DD who misses their torps also has the same effect.

A good CV will focus the Fuso and target the ships nobody is attacking. IJN CVs are surprisingly effective. Straight-lining ships means AP bomb heaven, plus they don't cause the enemy to dodge.

761 posts
15,993 battles
7 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Bad CVs will do the things you mentioned. Although to be fair, a bad DD who misses their torps also has the same effect.

A good CV will focus the Fuso and target the ships nobody is attacking. IJN CVs are surprisingly effective. Straight-lining ships means AP bomb heaven, plus they don't cause the enemy to dodge.

We should have the option for IJN DB to go kamikaze. Guide DBs to their final destination.

405 posts
8,962 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

We should have the option for IJN DB to go kamikaze. Guide DBs to their final destination.

First the real naming of those suicide attack squadron is not Kamikaze, its only named because the 1st ever attack was from a squadron named that and even that squadron had 4 flight each of its own name ... and then most of them are actually not carried out by bomber because they are too slow and too sluggish to ever penetrate the AA screening. Most real world historical suicide attack are carried out by fast fighters with a small bomb attached and reduced fuel load

[LBAS]
4,888 posts
28,306 battles
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

thats it, my Ryuujio with no upgrades, did damage by AP bomb more than Torp in Aegis, more CA more bomb more citadel

761 posts
15,993 battles
59 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

First the real naming of those suicide attack squadron is not Kamikaze, its only named because the 1st ever attack was from a squadron named that and even that squadron had 4 flight each of its own name ... and then most of them are actually not carried out by bomber because they are too slow and too sluggish to ever penetrate the AA screening. Most real world historical suicide attack are carried out by fast fighters with a small bomb attached and reduced fuel load

Don't care what they are called, want high contact accuracy instead of this RNG hit crap. Even better if on contact, there is a 50% chance of drakonation. I can see the flood of ijn cvs now. I have been using Moskvas as AP DB target practice and it is not that easy to land assured cits. You need to drop it off at the last second to get a good cit chance.

Edited by dejiko_nyo

Beta Tester
1,702 posts
10,918 battles
31 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Oh god, I realised that this week's op is going to be snipers of Newport.

I wonder if turning bots in that will be so bad?

838 posts
7,263 battles

Oh god, I realised that this week's op is going to be snipers of Newport.

Is that better or worse than yolo’s of Newport?

761 posts
15,993 battles
40 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Is that better or worse than yolo’s of Newport?

Worse. As yolos are attempting to do something useful if played properly.

57 posts
6,811 battles
5 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

The fact that there are so many noob Furious running around now does not help.

To be honest, Operations are the only viable option for those who are grinding to Implacable without getting constantly messed up with the DB's laughable accuracy & rockets that barely do real damage to DDs. Furious as bottom tier in Random is as useless as German DDs in the current state, the former gets outperformed by Ranger while the latter are just British DDs without anything exceptional.

761 posts
15,993 battles
3 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

To be honest, Operations are the only viable option for those who are grinding to Implacable without getting constantly messed up with the DB's laughable accuracy & rockets that barely do real damage to DDs. Furious as bottom tier in Random is as useless as German DDs in the current state, the former gets outperformed by Ranger while the latter are just British DDs without anything exceptional.

For me Furious is the only CV I have that can consistently output damage. My Ryujo has been rendered obsolete and is very unforgiving. The question now is: is ranger any better?

57 posts
6,811 battles
1 minute ago, dejiko_nyo said:

For me Furious is the only CV I have that can consistently output damage. My Ryujo has been rendered obsolete and is very unforgiving. The question now is: is ranger any better?

For Aegis, Ranger's only problem is the huge gap between torps. DB can be used on 2 different ways on different targets; low altitude bombing against DDs, mid-high altitude against BBs & CLs/CAs. Ranger's rockets are also more forgiving because they shatter less frequently than Furious'. Ranger's planes are also much faster enough to hit the target continuously with little delay between attacks.

Funny thing is throughout my grind to Lexington, I only sent my Ranger to operations twice. Partly because the queue takes forever with at least 10 CVs in queue.

838 posts
7,263 battles

Worse. As yolos are attempting to do something useful if played properly.

So, what constitutes a ‘sniper’ in Newport? Because I, depending on ship type, will often stay just within the base boundaries, ready to duck behind islands if it gets too hot. If it’s safe to do so, I will go out and try to catch the enemy broadside, but sometimes I’m the one who needs to be standing directly in enemies way to hit them close range before they cross border.

25 posts
5,043 battles

so there actually the problem with many player's attitude toward the first wave, which mainly around first wave alone.

I see many don't actually go outside the border to take care the first wave BBs which is hard to deal with CV alone and don't let the cruisers take care of all the hit.

For my play as BBs, I will bring my Fuso *and fight like a cruisers frontline* which make my result in New Port always very high regard to tanking and support.

I understand how the first wave always spawn bunch of low-tier cruiser so our cruisers can take them out easily. Just one Ca is enough for the first Cruiser Spawn.

Second and third spawn always a struggle but actually easy to predict which I don't like the battle of sniping from the port and let them come type.

So for me to play this Operation is easy as it gets if the team don't try to throw by going the first wave *which mostly they will* and mess up the later wave.

It's a battle of attrition I tell you.

25 posts
5,043 battles

Also this come to problem most players in OP is that they don't have the situation awareness like me and you.

Which made me lmao when it come to the new Space Mode, The Space Assault which it actually the easy as it get if you read the Description Mission carefully and do what it said than go and mindless sniping.

I lost twice in team that Mission is striking the base and extend the time of attack *and the whole team start sniping rather than destroy the generator*. The lack of situation awareness is what make random and op frustrating when we have to *hard carry* and disappointed in the team usefulness  .

Edited by appoclyse

761 posts
15,993 battles
25 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

So, what constitutes a ‘sniper’ in Newport? Because I, depending on ship type, will often stay just within the base boundaries, ready to duck behind islands if it gets too hot. If it’s safe to do so, I will go out and try to catch the enemy broadside, but sometimes I’m the one who needs to be standing directly in enemies way to hit them close range before they cross border.

The ones that stay all the way back hiding near the innermost turrets and repair ships. The ones where their max range will end up just at the border you are talking about. The key is that you need to finish off the waves as quickly as possible because once they start stacking up, you're going to be underfire from every direction.

405 posts
8,962 battles
1 hour ago, appoclyse said:

Also this come to problem most players in OP is that they don't have the situation awareness like me and you.

Which made me lmao when it come to the new Space Mode, The Space Assault which it actually the easy as it get if you read the Description Mission carefully and do what it said than go and mindless sniping.

I lost twice in team that Mission is striking the base and extend the time of attack *and the whole team start sniping rather than destroy the generator*. The lack of situation awareness is what make random and op frustrating when we have to *hard carry* and disappointed in the team usefulness  .

Space Mode brings out a lot of noob & bad behavior really .. All of  Binary Star, Ring of Jupiter and the Space Assault all really demand hard and formation push y the team ( except perhaps the defense team on the Space Assault mode ) and so many are still in their old stay back, always hide meta and basically al the battle I lost in the space mode is due to the team's having a number of these , this pretty much tell of all operation also

Sign in to follow this