Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pimpcat

CV vs DD combat, the truth.

100 comments in this topic

[KHUNT]
14 posts
794 battles

Watch the replay and you will clearly see that tier 10 CV's are incredibly over powered. Regardless of peoples opinions, the DD in the replay is the Tier 9 Chung Mu with all modules and talent points spent on Anti Air defense. As you can see in the replay it didn't make any difference, it also didn't help at all being within another ships AA bubble.

The games current state has become ridiculous and it needs to be addressed because with the way it is now, it is not fun at all. Because of this I have ceased all support for the game and have reverted to playing the game as a Free to Play game. Clearly WG have become disconnected with their player base and the only way you will get through to them is with your wallet. So until some major changes are made I refuse to spend a cent on this game. If you are like me and love playing this game than I suggest you do the same before me and others like me simply stop playing the game and go play something else.

P.s if you don't know how to play a replay file, just drag the replay file over the Worldofwarships.exe and it will play automatically.

20190408_070203_PZSD109-Chung-Mu_35_NE_north_winter.wowsreplay

[R0GUE]
303 posts
8,822 battles
7 hours ago, Pimpcat said:

Watch the replay and you will clearly see that tier 10 CV's are incredibly over powered. Regardless of peoples opinions, the DD in the replay is the Tier 9 Chung Mu with all modules and talent points spent on Anti Air defense. As you can see in the replay it didn't make any difference, it also didn't help at all being within another ships AA bubble.

The games current state has become ridiculous and it needs to be addressed because with the way it is now, it is not fun at all. Because of this I have ceased all support for the game and have reverted to playing the game as a Free to Play game. Clearly WG have become disconnected with their player base and the only way you will get through to them is with your wallet. So until some major changes are made I refuse to spend a cent on this game. If you are like me and love playing this game than I suggest you do the same before me and others like me simply stop playing the game and go play something else.

P.s if you don't know how to play a replay file, just drag the replay file over the Worldofwarships.exe and it will play automatically.

Just curious, before CV rework did you spec Chung Mu into AA ship and trying to shoot planes down?

761 posts
16,006 battles

AA too OP. Nerf plz. A cluster of t4 bots AA cut down my 4 T6 CV TBs simultaneously using their continuous AA damage.

oh wait. That was working as intended.

[R0GUE]
303 posts
8,822 battles

Oh boy, Mr. pimpcat you had only played 556 random battles and 3 random games in Chung Mu. 

Clearly you haven't play againt old CV in Chung Mu, correct?

667 posts
8,665 battles
1 hour ago, sunlo2013 said:

Just curious, before CV rework did you spec Chung Mu into AA ship and trying to shoot planes down?

What has this,

57 minutes ago, sunlo2013 said:

Oh boy, Mr. pimpcat you had only played 556 random battles and 3 random games in Chung Mu. 

or this, 

1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

AA too OP. Nerf plz. A cluster of t4 bots AA cut down my 4 T6 CV TBs simultaneously using their continuous AA damage.

oh wait. That was working as intended.

or this,

got to do with what he posted?

[R0GUE]
303 posts
8,822 battles
13 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

What has this,

or this, 

or this,

got to do with what he posted?

lol who would spec Chung Mu for AA and expect killing planes? And expect CV won't be able to touch her. Ever..

I mean ever..

Show me an effective Chung Mu AA build before rework, and I will shut up.

[R0GUE]
303 posts
8,822 battles

#1 He have AA turn on the whole time and never switch and enforce AA sector. I guess he haven't figure out the P key and O key just yet even playing T9 ship.

#2 He is no where near AA ship or bubble as he claimed.

#3 Jean Bart and Yamato pinged him 4 times and warn him about the danger and his suicidal positioning

#4 He thought people ping him because they urge him to cap.

WOW what can I say, and this became materials for CV flaming. Good on you both!

2019-04-08 14_53_54-Window.png

2019-04-08 14_52_53-Window.png

2019-04-08 14_53_34-《戰艦世界》.png

2019-04-08 14_55_41-《戰艦世界》.png

1063907613_2019-04-0815_40_01-Window.png.cde3350a006c2481fc125098ce59b4c2.png

Edited by sunlo2013

667 posts
8,665 battles
1 hour ago, sunlo2013 said:

#1 He have AA turn on the whole time and never switch and enforce AA sector. I guess he haven't figure out the P key and O key just yet even playing T9 ship.

#2 He is no where near AA ship or bubble as he claimed.

#3 Jean Bart and Yamato pinged him 4 times and warn him about the danger and his suicidal positioning

#4 He thought people ping him because they urge him to cap.

WOW what can I say, and this became materials for CV flaming. Good on you both!

2019-04-08 14_53_54-Window.png

2019-04-08 14_52_53-Window.png

2019-04-08 14_53_34-《戰艦世界》.png

2019-04-08 14_55_41-《戰艦世界》.png

1063907613_2019-04-0815_40_01-Window.png.cde3350a006c2481fc125098ce59b4c2.png

Did I flame CV? No I did not, I didnt even mention CV.

Maybe you could have mentioned these things to him instead of being the supreme know-it-all that you are.

I mean we both know that AA chung mu wont work but obviously this guy didnt.

Such a flog.....

Edited by dieselhead

[KHUNT]
14 posts
794 battles

Yeah, lets all focus on the AA and completely glaze over the fact that an unavoidable and unstoppable Dive Bomber Sqaudron near 1 shot the DD. All I play is DD's, it happens to all of my DD's around 25% of the time. BB's don't even hit you with HE's for anywhere near that damage. THAT is the real problem. That's what gets on my nerves. Focusing on AA and questioning a players skills when said player does really well with a ship like the LE Terrible which has no AA at all, even it gets 1 shot by Dive Bombers.

[R0GUE]
303 posts
8,822 battles

I am ok with people criticize CV, the problem here is lack of quality discussion. Usually, due to lack of understanding and experience of CV game play and their mechanic.

Here is another good CV discussion from NA forum, this guy know the shit he is talking about:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/188044-dear-wg-3-deep-faults-of-the-cv-rework-design/

Here come second problem, some most vocal people here, don't read. And they think they know the shit. 

765 posts
7,943 battles

That is some next level positioning by a DD in a CV match...:Smile_trollface:

it is amuzing to see people whining about CVs in a DD when they haven't even taken the time to learn positioning properly, let alone the more complex stuff(keeping AA off, sector switching etc):Smile_teethhappy:

667 posts
8,665 battles
7 minutes ago, sunlo2013 said:

I am ok with people criticize CV, the problem here is lack of quality discussion. Usually, due to lack of understanding and experience of CV game play and their mechanic.

Here is another good CV discussion from NA forum, this guy know the shit he is talking about:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/188044-dear-wg-3-deep-faults-of-the-cv-rework-design/

Here come second problem, some most vocal people here, don't read. And they think they know the shit. 

Why not just say my name? I know you mean me. Funny story, have you noticed its not only me complaining about CV's? Have you not seen all the different threads complaining about CV's? I guess they are all wrong as well and its all just because of poor play etc.?

There is even a thread started about weather or not to return to this game and most say dont bother...wonder why that is? 

Dude may not have a clue, that doesn't mean he is wrong though, CV dive bombers do annihilate DD's. It's a fact. 

Edited by dieselhead

[R0GUE]
303 posts
8,822 battles
2 minutes ago, _TAMAL_ said:

That is some next level positioning by a DD in a CV match...:Smile_trollface:

it is amuzing to see people whining about CVs in a DD when they haven't even taken the time to learn positioning properly, let alone the more complex stuff(keeping AA off, sector switching etc):Smile_teethhappy:

What amuse me is that he spend point on All AA Defense and did not use AA sector at all, that is 4 points down the drain. 

[R0GUE]
303 posts
8,822 battles
3 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

Dude you can see this guy hasnt played much so how is he meant to have much of a clue?

Dude your brainpower obviously capable of understand what I imply, why you quote and ask me those pointless question?

365158797_2019-04-0816_45_49-Window.thumb.png.c7ce8f723ca2ff3aa1f4a9b4bb2648c7.png

667 posts
8,665 battles
1 minute ago, sunlo2013 said:

Dude your brainpower obviously capable of understand what I imply, why you quote and ask me those pointless question?

365158797_2019-04-0816_45_49-Window.thumb.png.c7ce8f723ca2ff3aa1f4a9b4bb2648c7.png

LOL Your brain power cant make a comprehensible sentence...Go re-read what I wrote, I changed it after I re-read it.

[KHUNT]
14 posts
794 battles
3 hours ago, sunlo2013 said:

It doesn't matter what DD it is, it's the same story on all the DD's I play. I actually have 1000's of random battles played. This is not my first account. I can probably even safely assume that even with this new account my battle record with DD's is superior to yours even with out looking at your record. And I was actually testing out the Chung Mu, hence the lack of games played on it.

[R0GUE]
303 posts
8,822 battles
12 minutes ago, Pimpcat said:

It doesn't matter what DD it is, it's the same story on all the DD's I play. I actually have 1000's of random battles played. This is not my first account. I can probably even safely assume that even with this new account my battle record with DD's is superior to yours even with out looking at your record. And I was actually testing out the Chung Mu, hence the lack of games played on it.

It is not how many games you had played, but how you played in the replay.

And your teammate try to help you too, those BB ping your position and ping the dive bomber going your way, you know? Massachusetts try to save your ass and he was out of position because of it and became next victim right after you.

In the old CV era, you will still get yourself kill by CV if you are out of position, the weapon against you probably different but you will be dead for sure. 

If you are asking for advice how to the play better in CV games instead of complaint, I am sure someone will help you to improve.

Edited by sunlo2013

[KHUNT]
14 posts
794 battles
1 minute ago, sunlo2013 said:

It is not how many games you had played, but how you played in the replay.

And your teammate try to help you too, those BB ping your position and ping the dive bomber going your way, you know? Massachusetts try to save your ass and he was out of position because of it and became next victim right after you.

In the old CV era, you will still get yourself kill by CV if you are out of position, the weapon against you probably different but you will be dead for sure. 

If you are asking for advice how to the play better in CV games instead of complaint, I am sure someone will help you to improve.

Here, I'll give you a run down on what actually happened since CLEARLY you have no *censored* idea what was going on. AA WAS disabled how ever planes flew at my DD's position from across the map not even 30 seconds off the start. I seen what was going to happen so I turned around quickly and started to head back to the BB so I could drop smoke to defend us both. I didn't even bother disabling AA since I knew I was within the range of the BB's AA. I knew more planes were going to be on us both right away with out any repeave but next thing I knew my ship was one shot by the Dive Bombers. But hey, you keep going on with your assumptions since you seem to think you know everything.

FYI, I've been playing this game avidly since day 1 release. You can all think what you like but it doesn't change the fact of the matter. This remake of their original game is not fun and unless they fix it, I will not be spending anymore money on it.

281 posts
3,620 battles
53 minutes ago, Pimpcat said:

Here, I'll give you a run down on what actually happened since CLEARLY you have no *censored* idea what was going on. AA WAS disabled how ever planes flew at my DD's position from across the map not even 30 seconds off the start. I seen what was going to happen so I turned around quickly and started to head back to the BB so I could drop smoke to defend us both. I didn't even bother disabling AA since I knew I was within the range of the BB's AA. I knew more planes were going to be on us both right away with out any repeave but next thing I knew my ship was one shot by the Dive Bombers. But hey, you keep going on with your assumptions since you seem to think you know everything.

FYI, I've been playing this game avidly since day 1 release. You can all think what you like but it doesn't change the fact of the matter. This remake of their original game is not fun and unless they fix it, I will not be spending anymore money on it.

Still dont understand why didnt you turn off AA and try to hide instead. Thats is chung mu's best weapon against planes even in the old CV era

[R0GUE]
303 posts
8,822 battles
50 minutes ago, Pimpcat said:

Your run down certainly doesn't match what you did in the replay, and you chat conversion with team mate definitely shows who have no *censored* idea what was going on.

I don't give a *beep* about when you start playing the game, doesn't change my judgment about the replay.

761 posts
16,006 battles

@sunlo2013From the first two minutes of the replay, I already saw the problem: wandering off to the far east side away from his team. Don't even need to bother to watch any further and already I know the outcome. Midway see tasty target and boom. Instead he should have gone near the D cap instead of rounding the island and play more defensively. By now everyone should realise how CV attack patterns are and not play into their hands.

765 posts
7,943 battles
1 hour ago, Pimpcat said:

I actually have 1000's of random battles played. This is not my first account.

This type of response is really lame and utterly pointless and surprisingly very common in these type of threads...

765 posts
7,943 battles
9 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

@sunlo2013From the first two minutes of the replay, I already saw the problem: wandering off to the far east side away from his team. Don't even need to bother to watch any further and already I know the outcome. Midway see tasty target and boom. Instead he should have gone near the D cap instead of rounding the island and play more defensively. By now everyone should realise how CV attack patterns are and not play into their hands.

What's ironic is that unless you are extremely overextended like he is, no CV will usually come for you. 

And these types of threads are usually made by people who yolo and make themselves obvious targets.

1,035 posts
5,685 battles
13 hours ago, Pimpcat said:

Number 1: barely 1 minute in, charging into the old D cap, which, by the way, is the passage where if you go there, you should be considered to be a noob. Even if you turned around. I can never complain about players who do that enough.

Number 2: charging forward at the start of the game away from allied ships in a CV match. And got spotted quickly because you still went straight forward even though the rocket planes were barely 3km away.

Number 3: Your closest friendly ship is a T8. A US BB, but still T8. If it isn't a US cruiser, high chance you will get screwed.

The only mitigation is that Midway's HE DBs are, no doubt, a very scary weapon against all ships, not just DDs.

Sign in to follow this