You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fear_the_Reaper

Have they stopped letting people into the BETA?

62 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

It seems like they have stopped letting people in, when ever i log on to have a go there are less than 1k people online, when i first got in there was always between 2-3k, right now there are only 200ish people online, so have they simply stopped letting more testers in to fill spots of people who are too busy to play?

Edit:

Did just have my first 1v1 lol

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Yeah, the first 2 weeks were around 3k less.

Now it's more or less than 1k players online.

It seems those players who were so hyped & wants to get in badly just died & bored. Most of those people only play for fun.

Beta Tester
235 posts
783 battles

Maybe the date might be one reason for not seeing anyone, as well as the time...

Sunday morning, long weekend (easter); some have church, others have hang-overs, and others just stayed up till the wee hours of the morning and are still sleeping, and some just arnt home, maybe on a small holiday etc.

Cheers.

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

This is a closed beta, so yes, there are limited slots. We are probably going to transition over to open soon™.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

Will there be data wipe when it moves to OBT?

yep, all progress will be wiped. I do think we will have another round or two of CBT before we go OBT though, still things to test before we get to stress testing

4 posts

Damn it is sad so many waste their chance in beta.  I wish I had got an invite.

Maybe a lot of the people that got accepted in never even logged in.  It looks like NA / EU beta are pretty active looking at twitch streamers.

Beta Tester
235 posts
783 battles

Well thats the thing about beta and alpha testers, there's no way to know truly whose going to be a good and a bad tester.

Its not like theres a form where you can type in what games you had previously tested; and can prove, and show that you had done what was required and found errors, bugs, or glitches.

They are streaming for the entertainment and to keep their subs(subscribers) happy, over here in the Asia side, well maybe here's heaps of asian speaking WOW streams. I for one wouldn't stream as for starters I only got 0.80MB upload, no where near the 1.5MB for 1080p without lag; but it's the fastest I can get where I live. And for the third time, in australia, its easter long weekend (4 days no work) so many like to get out of the house and go on a holiday of sorts.

They have released the stats on how many people got into(playing) the beta including the alpha testers.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Server population really depends on the time of day. There's a lot more people (~2k) online in the evening hours, but there has been a definite drop from the 3-4k at the start of the beta.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Server population really depends on the time of day. There's a lot more people (~2k) online in the evening hours, but there has been a definite drop from the 3-4k at the start of the beta.

Pretty much standart procedure for alpha/beta testing though.

Aside from those that can't play due to real life reasons you'll always have plenty of players that want to solely play for fun and not to test.

Those players are also usually a decently sized group, because testing is more of a chore than entertainment.

32 posts
624 battles

I started playing computer games since the Era of Commodore Vic 20 (1983 I think) also I do computer trouble shooting and service since then, so how a person like me has the chance to be invited, what are the procedures?

There is no waiting list nor any kind of selection criteria.

I just don't agree with the Beta phase selection because I think that people are being invited regardless of their computer skills.

Anyone can join as long as a friend sends an invitation out, that is all, no selection!

I believe that most of actual beta testers have access to computers through their working places as well as they have family related commitments so obviously they won't be able to play during holidays or weekends.

So what about establishing a selection criteria for beta testers, marketing skills, what are they?

Anyway, good holidays to all.

10 posts
1,337 battles

This game is looking so good.

Does anyone know when they will be releasing more keys? I really want in on this. :)

Lyq

3 posts

I Seriously cannot wait till the Open beta, or when it is released. I have the WoW page open 24/7 and I am constantly checking for stuff. I want a Beta key so badly. Pls, volvo Wargaming, release 2 opun b3ta.

Beta Tester
282 posts
12 battles

Wait, open Beta means anyone can participate, right? >.<

Yes, It is open to every player for a final test to the game and to resolve any issues that people may find.

Beta Tester
235 posts
783 battles

lols, careful what you say Dantes; because if they were to read that, then if in 6 weeks, theres gonna be pages upon pages of people begging for, and demanding for codes.. yes. demanding; saying how they been gaming for years, how they have youtube, how long they been waiting, saying how they should get it more then the person next to them.

its gonna be a spam filled world :P

Alpha Tester
52 posts
2,260 battles

I stopped playing recently because I have obtained a tier 10 ship, and played around 500 games. And I have found my ship line that fits my gameplay (DD's)

I'm just waiting for the next phase of the test, using the free xp to be given to the next test phase to try out the next tree which would be the US line.

Beta Tester
142 posts
484 battles

I stopped playing recently because I have obtained a tier 10 ship, and played around 500 games. And I have found my ship line that fits my gameplay (DD's)

I'm just waiting for the next phase of the test, using the free xp to be given to the next test phase to try out the next tree which would be the US line.

That's interesting. I thought as a 'tester', people would have tried every line on offer in order to actually test the ships, see if they actually do make sense in the place they are located within the tech tree, search for ships which feel underpowered, overpowered along with those ships which seem to strike just the right balance, then provide feedback to WG. Not to mention lag from your location, incorrect spelling in descriptions, etc and so on.

Perhaps I misunderstood what a beta tester does...lol

Edited by Gr1zzly

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

Funny, I thought when people signed on to closed beta, they are agreeing to test the game in all aspects to assist WG produce a better product, not play a few battles then decide they will wait till the next patch, just because they have found the ship they like.

So many people are waiting to play, if you do not want to help test, I'm sure a replacement can be found.