Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Akyamarukh

This is the perfect time to give Mogador and the rest of French DD Radar Jammer

Raw Dawr JAMEs!!!!  

20 members have voted

1. 1. French DD with radar jammer?

2. 2. What duration?

3. 3. How many charge ? ( Without premium consumable)

4. 4. Do you think other line deserve radar jammer too?

35 comments in this topic

267 posts
368 battles

7 Des meme?? What????

Now look, people already complain too much about radar. there is no counter, just hide behind island and cap is guarantee to be empty.

Stalingrad and krongstat have pesky 12km radar.....

French DD don't have smoke or repair party..... And sadly no AA either....

With radar jammer it will bring some counter meta of radar.

#2019PICKRADARJAMMER

763 posts
7,943 battles

Very good idea...will make them really really different and interesting to play...:Smile_honoring:

Now the only thing that is left is a "Carrier Jammer":Smile_trollface:

P.S. Sharkbait posting stuff that makes sense...what year are we in?:Smile_hiding:

328 posts
1,474 battles
41 minutes ago, _TAMAL_ said:

Very good idea...will make them really really different and interesting to play...:Smile_honoring:

Now the only thing that is left is a "Carrier Jammer":Smile_trollface:

P.S. Sharkbait posting stuff that makes sense...what year are we in?:Smile_hiding:

DD may have rocket catapult fighters which Pomy put on their merchant ships.

824832656_FighterImageL.thumb.jpg.dfe8d43074348f3096d529beec539f94.jpg

267 posts
368 battles
18 minutes ago, tsuenwan said:

DD may have rocket catapult fighters which Pomy put on their merchant ships.

824832656_FighterImageL.thumb.jpg.dfe8d43074348f3096d529beec539f94.jpg

Any historical DD with catapult plane? This seems good gimmick againts CV

Super Tester
1,408 posts
1 hour ago, Akyamarukh said:

7 Des meme?? What????

Now look, people already complain too much about radar. there is no counter, just hide behind island and cap is guarantee to be empty.

Stalingrad and krongstat have pesky 12km radar.....

French DD don't have smoke or repair party..... And sadly no AA either....

With radar jammer it will bring some counter meta of radar.

#2019PICKRADARJAMMER

tenor.gif?itemid=10897825

838 posts
7,263 battles

French DD's don't have smoke, what's the point of radar jammer?

Yeah, ok, it means you can sit at 7+ kms and not get radared, but I would happily trade that gimmick for more speed boost, better manoeuvrability, shorter cool down on speed boost, not slowing down in turns, quicker rudder shift. And other stuff that would be more useful. Lets make these ships leaves on the wind, dodging raindrops!

Don't need a stupid gimmick with is situational.

1,034 posts
5,681 battles
48 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

What is the point of radar jammer?

When you are detected by radar, you pop radar jammer. Sure you aren't being detected anymore, but the entire red team knows you are there. Unless they are complete idiots, they WILL take measures against your presence.

Besides, what is the point of radar jammer with a line of DDs that has short-ranged torps and an over reliance on main guns? 

What is the point of radar jammer if you have to open fire in open water and reveal your position willingly?

48 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I would happily trade that gimmick for more speed boost, better manoeuvrability, shorter cool down on speed boost, not slowing down in turns, quicker rudder shift. And other stuff that would be more useful. Lets make these ships leaves on the wind, dodging raindrops!

While I suggest MBRB as a troll suggestion, but considering the line, I'd say MBRB is a very useful consumable for them to have.

Edited by Paladinum

761 posts
15,993 battles
3 hours ago, _TAMAL_ said:

I have mentioned this before: It is a sign of the Second Coming when he makes sense.

I have taken the maximum options because it is just fun to screw up the current playstyle. Also, radar jammer means negate radar from spotting everyone in a certain radius? Because that will be useful to cover your team.

Alternatively radar jammer can make it that you are spotted on the minimap but cannot be seen in the main screen.

763 posts
7,943 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

I have mentioned this before: It is a sign of the Second Coming when he makes sense.

I have taken the maximum options because it is just fun to screw up the current playstyle. Also, radar jammer means negate radar from spotting everyone in a certain radius? Because that will be useful to cover your team.

Alternatively radar jammer can make it that you are spotted on the minimap but cannot be seen in the main screen.

Agreed. It should work just like how smoke works against CV spotting. You can keep yourself and also your teammates from getring spotted.

This will open up so much room for teamplay. Specially in Clan Battles where there are no CVs...

They can also add mechanics like :

# Jammer will only effect 1 single Radar...so if enemy decides to prioritize spotting, they'll have to bring another ship with radar and then double radar simultaneously in order to ensure spotting.

# Jammer negates proxy spotting. This way, if a DD decides to ambush someone, he can do so byusing the Jammer...

Edited by _TAMAL_

267 posts
368 battles
2 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Yeah, ok, it means you can sit at 7+ kms and not get radared, but I would happily trade that gimmick for more speed boost, better manoeuvrability, shorter cool down on speed boost, not slowing down in turns, quicker rudder shift. And other stuff that would be more useful. Lets make these ships leaves on the wind, dodging raindrops!

Its usefull for team fight with other DD trying to cap. The jammer alone could be used for invis torping from 6km-7km with 30 sec reload of mogador. When CA pop radar its actually really hard to dodge shell from 6km-7km. So 20 sec jammer is enough to run away by 3km-4km. Making it atleast 10km before enemy CA rain Shell.

2 hours ago, MatterCore said:

very funny, very HE

It was not funny, it was good :v

........except for few things.

Btw, you are the man of culture :V

I can bet $1 no one here because us know that things... O_o

1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

When you are detected by radar, you pop radar jammer. Sure you aren't being detected anymore, but the entire red team knows you are there. Unless they are complete idiots, they WILL take measures against your presence.

Besides, what is the point of radar jammer with a line of DDs that has short-ranged torps and an over reliance on main guns? 

What is the point of radar jammer if you have to open fire in open water and reveal your position willingly?

Answered at the paragraph 1

At least with jammer i can save 30% of my Mogador HP when trying to do stupid thing like 6.5km suicide torping. 

Also the fact that enemy know my position but cannt see me..... I will like it. Bring thrill to enemy is very fun, that is why i play DD. If i want to get straight win, just play CV.

1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

I like this idea, preventing some BB think it was OP. Keep DD alive, but not really abuse-able by division.

1,789 posts
8 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Do you want fries with that?

For just $1 more you can up-size....

328 posts
1,474 battles
14 hours ago, Akyamarukh said:

Any historical DD with catapult plane? This seems good gimmick againts CV

300px-USS_Pringle_(DD-477)_underway_in_December_1942.jpg.d9bbf266a71c2e7f026841df8e434684.jpglyonsdse.jpg.2662880d5a746810fd42cb2103ea7b44.jpglyonsdsi.jpg.944d6bdc8be069d3bb6170dd318febfc.jpg

Edited by tsuenwan

Beta Tester
761 posts
7,693 battles
13 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Well it could work on a second line DD like French DD's, or something like the Khaba line as well.

I would imagine it as a 20-30s or so consumable that has about a 12km range, the idea being that you support your first line DD as they move in to a cap that is likely to be radared, operating a couple of kms behind the friendly DD.  You can focus anyone that the first line DD spots, and when radar is popped, you can use your jammer to protect the friendly DD.  I would suggest that while a target is being radared by a jammed radar, they still can be located on the minimap, but don't render.

If you think about it, this creates a lot more opportunity for team work than it would on a DD like US or RN that operate up front.  You better define the second line DD role as well.  I would suggest only putting it on DD's that do not take smoke, to prevent a DD smoking up in radar range then jamming the radar - if you smoke up in radar range you have made a mistake and don't deserve the out that a jammer would give.

I honestly think this sounds like a really great idea, and would add a lot to the game.

328 posts
1,474 battles

Early radar Jammer were not active device. They were simple passive reflection device like Chaff, Corner reflector and Decoys. being launch by rockets

[LBAS]
4,888 posts
28,306 battles

we already had Radar+Sonar DDs out there and now, we need Radar+Sonar Canceller DDs for balancing :Smile_trollface: 

Edited by MatterCore

761 posts
15,993 battles
48 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

we already had Radar+Sonar DDs out there and now, we need Radar+Sonar Canceller DDs for balancing :Smile_trollface: 

What to do? The proliferation of gimmicks has lead to an arms race and imbalance of ship types in a match. We're just proposing a counter counter counter counter. 

Ideally in a match, there should be limits, say a maximum number of radar ships, but this will quote wg, 'increase waiting times', which in this case will be noticable since most people will play radar.

1,789 posts
42 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

What to do? The proliferation of gimmicks has lead to an arms race and imbalance of ship types in a match. We're just proposing a counter counter counter counter. 

Ideally in a match, there should be limits, say a maximum number of radar ships, but this will quote wg, 'increase waiting times', which in this case will be noticable since most people will play radar.

Don't you know, that a while ago... World Of Warships changed into a gimmick driven economy?

now, we don't buy ships in the premium shop / arsenal /armory / tech tree, we buy gimmicks, & to sweeten the deal, we get a free ship with the pre-installed gimmicks....

Someone at headquarters obviously was playing Abba loudly when they decided that.... (Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie), & the record got stuck......

:dance_turtle:

Ordrazz

328 posts
1,474 battles

Radar played far bigger role in WWII as airborne early detection/warning device.  DDs, Subs and even merchant ships were converted to carry large air detection radar and carry out "Radar Picket" mission far away from their CV battle group

Edited by tsuenwan

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
390 posts
19 時間前、_TAMAL_ の発言:

2019, when Sharkbait starting to find common sense :Smile_trollface::Smile_hiding:sometimes.

761 posts
15,993 battles
1 hour ago, Ordrazz said:

Someone at headquarters obviously was playing Abba loudly when they decided that.... (Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie), & the record got stuck......

DANCIN' QUEEN~

followed by:

Waterloo~ I was defeated at Waterloo~

Sign in to follow this