Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ArtickWarspite

Ocean Map

3 comments in this topic

176 posts
3,536 battles

The Ocean map wasn't a very popular one due to the obvious lack of concealment, but what if you added in permanent spots of fog or rain squalls in place of islands? 

Obviously you could sail through them, but detection would be so low, you wouldn't see your opponent until you were right next to each other. Maybe you could even sail within 2km of your opponent and not even see each other? Kind of like an isolated cyclone- but with even closer engagement ranges.

That would be interesting- especially inside a capture point. It would also make for an interesting and more realistic map which didn't rely on islands to make it interesting. And your concealment stat wouldn't be affected unless you were inside the fog.

Again, it's likely this idea has been mentioned before, but I haven't seen it. 

Would anyone be interested in playing this?

1,789 posts

I haven't heard of this until you put it up, I think it would be a brilliant addition, as long as the storms would appear in different locations.

A very interesting concept, although I would be concerned if too many radar ships were in battle... But we sorta know how to deal with them nowadays...

+1

Ordrazz

Sign in to follow this