You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BIGCOREMKP0I

HE Dive Bombers VS Destroyers

37 comments in this topic

2,134 posts
10,198 battles

Let's Discuss the situation about HE Dive Bombers.

Image result for SB2C Dive bomb

With the CVs have delayed Rocket Attacks, they have a deadly Alternative, Dive Bombers, each with higher set chance of fires as well as incapacitating modules, most of the CV Players are afraid to be get drilled by Destroyers so they have to use this as an Alternative for rockets

A.P Dive Bombers can be counted but easily dogeable, H.E Dive Bombers? No, once you get caught 1, you will be caught by more bombs in a wave.

Historically, the SB2C Helldivers sunk a Destroyer with bomb, the Ju87 Sunk more Destroyers with HE Bombs during Operation Dynamo, as well as Civillian ships.

Anyways, Ever been bombed alot of times by HE bombers? (not counting Prem CVs) also things are getting SPICY

[LNA]
1,808 posts
11,321 battles

Midway has always been more viable than Hakuryu since rework because it is MUCH MUCH more forgiven when you pick the wrong approach vector.

The overnefted rockets make them a waste of space. I rarely if ever launch them now. They are now the most difficult to aim , get result from.

Maybe revert the aim neft in exchange for a number of rockets launched per attack reduction ?

2,134 posts
10,198 battles
7 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

Midway has always been more viable than Hakuryu since rework because it is MUCH MUCH more forgiven when you pick the wrong approach vector.

The overnefted rockets make them a waste of space. I rarely if ever launch them now. They are now the most difficult to aim , get result from.

Maybe revert the aim neft in exchange for a number of rockets launched per attack reduction ?

Either that, also aiming time for rockets is just a horrible mistake, make it like 10 seconds but reduced number of rockets as well as its damage count but sets fires equal that to the Dive Bombers.

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

2,134 posts
10,198 battles
On 4/2/2019 at 6:30 PM, dejiko_nyo said:

Midway > Audacious > Haku.

Haku is very unforgiving.

Some CV Alterations will happen on 0.8.3, in case you might know.

2,134 posts
10,198 battles
On 4/2/2019 at 6:21 PM, Paladinum said:

*laugh in RN CV carpet bombers*

Audacious isn't counted as a harrasser dd, Paladinum, only Midway/Saratoga (Lexington) CVs

1,261 posts
5,789 battles

soon... we'll probably saw euro show off his 'bomb-beat'

torpedo-beat is just a child play for him, it's time to move on to whole other level.

761 posts
16,006 battles
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 9:04 PM, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Some CV Alterations will happen on 0.8.3, in case you might know.

Unless that improves at least the viability of haku's targeting, it will be meh.

Beta Tester
2,327 posts
7,116 battles

forget dd, there's no surfaceship that can survive these thing. they really are dive bombers from hell.

[S_X_S]
18 posts

Full AA build Baltimore gets 2 to 3 runs of hits from a midway squad and sunk.  defensive fire and fighters do shit.  Fucking sick of war gaming make us play cv beta.  Get it balanced out of game or Fuck them off.  you have taken the fun out off dd play.  Changing the meta is cool, but this is down right Fucked.

2,134 posts
10,198 battles
42 minutes ago, hiefsy said:

Full AA build Baltimore gets 2 to 3 runs of hits from a midway squad and sunk.  defensive fire and fighters do shit.  Fucking sick of war gaming make us play cv beta.  Get it balanced out of game or Fuck them off.  you have taken the fun out off dd play.  Changing the meta is cool, but this is down right Fucked.

Watch your mouth there, Ensign, Moderators will have to censor your words.

667 posts
8,665 battles
On 4/5/2019 at 11:00 PM, hiefsy said:

Edited by dieselhead

Beta Tester
2,327 posts
7,116 battles

maybe WG should add a mode where there is no CV aside from random battle. lets see what players prefer.

if they dont want to play cv go to this mode.
if they want cv go to regular random mode.

just a temporary, until most players are not satisfied with CV balance.

Edited by yansuki

[R0GUE]
303 posts
8,822 battles
2 hours ago, yansuki said:

maybe WG should add a mode where there is no CV aside from random battle. lets see what players prefer.

if they dont want to play cv go to this mode.
if they want cv go to regular random mode.

just a temporary, until most players are not satisfied with CV balance.

I don't like radar meta either, can I pls reqest a no radar mode as well. 

And I hate BB sniping from 16km away, that meta is toxic. Can I have mode without BB too. Thanks WG!

If you don't do as requested, I will stop spend until you sell something OP that I want to buy.

Edited by sunlo2013

Beta Tester
2,327 posts
7,116 battles
4 minutes ago, sunlo2013 said:

I don't like radar meta either, can I pls reqest a no radar mode as well. 

And I hate BB sniping from 16km away, that meta is toxic. Can I have mode without BB too. Thanks WG!

If you don't do as requested, I will stop spend until you sell something OP that I want to buy.

radar has lots of counter and limited range. meanwhile planes has unlimited range, provide vision and deal significant damage with almost 0 counterplay.

[R0GUE]
303 posts
8,822 battles
11 minutes ago, yansuki said:

radar has lots of counter and limited range. meanwhile planes has unlimited range, provide vision and deal significant damage with almost 0 counterplay.

lol, when you go back 6 six month in time, before CV is a thing. Every DD complained radar has no counter, and what else they complained, oh yes! they get blap by BB AP. They cannot do their job if they get blap and they can't do their job if get got radar multiple times in a game.

Let's have a mode without all this bullshit I would say. oh wait, suddenly Z52 6km hydro with smoke has no fking counters.

I just want a mode to enjoy play the game myself. Let's have a mode only allow tier 1 gun and ships, so we can pew pew away.

Edited by sunlo2013

765 posts
7,943 battles
6 hours ago, dieselhead said:

I Agree, but according to the experts on this here forum the "data" and the "stats" don't show anything wrong with the current meta at all.

Apparently its all the players fault for not positioning properly or not sticking your ship up your AA CL/A mates butt.

Other "experts" say you should be able to play dd as normal but just time the CV's flight runs.

Why do people still complain specifically about USN DBs? Everybody knows they are broken and also have a bug assosiated with them...

269 posts
368 battles
2 hours ago, _TAMAL_ said:

Why do people still complain specifically about USN DBs? Everybody knows they are broken and also have a bug assosiated with them...

He is being sarcastic bro, CV is not broken... Its simply powerfull.

[S_X_S]
18 posts

Maybe i have a idea that can be worked on for better balance for every one.  In real life aircraft could not spot anything in poor weather,  so lets get some weather in game, moving clouds, that ships can use not to be spotted,  Aircraft can not see what under these clouds.  Theses must be random or it will get old quick.   

667 posts
8,665 battles
On 4/6/2019 at 3:00 AM, sunlo2013 said:

lol, when you go back 6 six month in time, before CV is a thing. Every DD complained radar has no counter, and what else they complained, oh yes! they get blap by BB AP. They cannot do their job if they get blap and they can't do their job if get got radar multiple times in a game.

Let's have a mode without all this bullshit I would say. oh wait, suddenly Z52 6km hydro with smoke has no fking counters.

I just want a mode to enjoy play the game myself. Let's have a mode only allow tier 1 gun and ships, so we can pew pew away.

Edited by dieselhead

57 posts
6,814 battles

DDs got numerous buff since before rework. And since they were the primary reason of the passive meta, they deserve it since they are swallowing their own medicines right now. Just be glad AP bombs can no longer blap them into oblivion like they used to.

As for radar, it gets its duration nerfed which makes far less sense than to address its real problem. WG should roll back the radar nerf & fix its ability to see through islands instead. And probably roll back the US CL radar nerf because Kitakaze & Harugumo can smoke-firing from 10km away without getting radared.

667 posts
8,665 battles
21 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

DDs got numerous buff since before rework. And since they were the primary reason of the passive meta, they deserve it since they are swallowing their own medicines right now. Just be glad AP bombs can no longer blap them into oblivion like they used to.

As for radar, it gets its duration nerfed which makes far less sense than to address its real problem. WG should roll back the radar nerf & fix its ability to see through islands instead. And probably roll back the US CL radar nerf because Kitakaze & Harugumo can smoke-firing from 10km away without getting radared.

Edited by dieselhead

761 posts
16,006 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Feather said:

WG should roll back the radar nerf & fix its ability to see through islands instead.

I believe this one was explained a while back from memory and we did have a discussion in the forums about it. The short was that they did attempt it and it was difficult to implement it in the existing engine. Someone correct me if I am wrong. TIA.