Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Riuza

Video Explained CV's Meta in one less a minute

28 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

16
[CLAY]
Member
33 posts
6,392 battles

Hey, guys, I make a short video, I do get a lot of this even i use defensive AA or Catapult plane carrier still can attacking you

easily very easy in fact...

this one of my examples, so yeah WG, please balance at least don't ever make a game where there 2 CV in one game

Destroyer have a really important role, when this CV's out it really cripple DD, radar already make destroyer hard please don't do this to Us ( DD player )

 

Edited by Riuza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16
[CLAY]
Member
33 posts
6,392 battles
Just now, Akyamarukh said:

It wasnt new meta, i already did oneshot DD from 2017.....

Its lucky for BB and CA player since i cannt oneshot them anymore.

 

u can one shot dd but you can't do it in 2017 when there a CA like Zao near the DD using a defensive AA , i doubt it... and there midway fighter VERY NEAR...

but generally when there no Defensive AA CA i think you can do it i believe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,035 posts
5,685 battles
8 hours ago, AntifoulAwl said:

I have conveniently forgotten how the old CVs could one shot you as well.

And easier at that. 

But how many people could pull that off every match? Compare to the constant misery DD players face every match with CVs?

 

I feel pity for the new CVs for their loss of identity. Other ship types, albeit being highly arcady, retain their IRL purposes and methods of operation. The new CVs... so sad.

Summonable fighter groups? That's a probably the dumbest idea ever in this game, even more than the current Musashi being a T9.

 

Let just say that WG (and specifically Lesta Studio, the developers) could not handle CVs.

Edited by Paladinum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16
[CLAY]
Member
33 posts
6,392 battles
2 hours ago, Paladinum said:

And easier at that. 

But how many people could pull that off every match? 

 

I feel pity for the new CVs for their loss of identity. Other ship types, albeit being highly arcady, retain their IRL purposes and methods of operation. The new CVs... so sad.

Summonable fighter groups? That's a probably the dumbest idea ever in this game, even more than the current Musashi being a T9.

 

Let just say that WG could not handle CVs.

lets just being real here, the game named World Of Warships i think plane should stay at World Of Warplanes

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,184 posts
7,865 battles
9 hours ago, AntifoulAwl said:

I have conveniently forgotten how the old CVs could one shot you as well.

if they miss. they need many minutes to pull that off again

now they will send another one every 40s, and another one, and another one.

Edited by humusz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
1,947 posts
7,538 battles
58 minutes ago, humusz said:

if they miss. they need many minutes to pull that off again

now they will send another one every 40s, and another one, and another one.

Commando comic sink that ship no 1510 (1981)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
1,947 posts
7,538 battles
24 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I loved those comics.   Those were the days.

My dopey sister used to colour mine in, but only one character at a time.

So Captain Reginald Archibald-Smythe or Jack Nastyface would have the only colour, in the entire comic.

 Stupid sisters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
4,300 posts
4,866 battles
8 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

My dopey sister used to colour mine in, but only one character at a time.

So Captain Reginald Archibald-Smythe or Jack Nastyface would have the only colour, in the entire comic.

 Stupid sisters.

Damn them.  That's a travesty.

commandocomics-intro2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
261 posts
6,821 battles

Zao isn't exactly an AA monster, if you were doing that in a DM with DFAA and not taking out planes then I'd agree. As has been pointed out the old CVs with a skilled player were way more scary. CVs are hear to stay and will no doubt continue to have a lot of balancing tweaks over the next while, the best think you can do is offer constructive feedback rather than just complaining. Try seeing it from the other ship classes perspective too.
@AntifoulAwl and @RalphTheTheatreCat what a great piece of nostalgia, I loved those comics too, its where I get all my useful German phrases, like donner und blitz ein englander! And the classic spy test; if you slap a man he'll swear in his native tongue, that and no tommy would dress as immaculately as a German imposter!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
4,300 posts
4,866 battles
15 minutes ago, blauflamme22 said:

I loved those comics too, its where I get all my useful German phrases, like donner und blitz ein englander! And the classic spy test; if you slap a man he'll swear in his native tongue, that and no tommy would dress as immaculately as a German imposter!

Now that's true spycraft.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16
[CLAY]
Member
33 posts
6,392 battles
55 minutes ago, blauflamme22 said:

Zao isn't exactly an AA monster, if you were doing that in a DM with DFAA and not taking out planes then I'd agree. As has been pointed out the old CVs with a skilled player were way more scary. CVs are hear to stay and will no doubt continue to have a lot of balancing tweaks over the next while, the best think you can do is offer constructive feedback rather than just complaining. 

Zao isn't but it was pretty decent before the update using a DFAA at least it make harder to target ..my prob was the fact that CV can still can going atack a ship using DFAA very easy that was a problem  , and the damage output CV give to a DD it just too much that's my main issue... it was like AP BB on DD before the update .

well if for constructive feedback

- CV should be have range, i mean plane have fuel right? , it giving a risk like other ship when atacking and make more plan before atacking

-Atack plane specialist atacking DD , but dive bomber? pls rework the damage on DD

- 2 CV on one game it just too much at least don't make duo t10 CV

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
667 posts
8,665 battles
9 minutes ago, Riuza said:

Zao isn't but it was pretty decent before the update using a DFAA at least it make harder to target ..my prob was the fact that CV can still can going atack a ship using DFAA very easy that was a problem  , and the damage output CV give to a DD it just too much that's my main issue... it was like AP BB on DD before the update .

well if for constructive feedback

- CV should be have range, i mean plane have fuel right? , it giving a risk like other ship when atacking and make more plan before atacking

-Atack plane specialist atacking DD , but dive bomber? pls rework the damage on DD

- 2 CV on one game it just too much at least don't make duo t10 CV

 

You know things arent right when you get dropped to death through DFAA in a Wooster lol.

"data" says is ok comrade!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
261 posts
6,821 battles
9 hours ago, Riuza said:

Zao isn't but it was pretty decent before the update using a DFAA at least it make harder to target ..my prob was the fact that CV can still can going atack a ship using DFAA very easy that was a problem  , and the damage output CV give to a DD it just too much that's my main issue... it was like AP BB on DD before the update .

well if for constructive feedback

- CV should be have range, i mean plane have fuel right? , it giving a risk like other ship when atacking and make more plan before atacking

-Atack plane specialist atacking DD , but dive bomber? pls rework the damage on DD

- 2 CV on one game it just too much at least don't make duo t10 CV

 

WG have just announced that they will restrict the number of CVs in high tier games, T10 will no only have one CV per team. I think that something needs to be done about damage from CVs to DDs too, Im just not sure what would be a good balance. The hard problems are what @dieselhead mentioned above, when you are in an AA monster and you still get hammered by a CV then something is wrong. I have been worn down in my mino by a CV after the rework too. previously his planes would have struggled to make it within 5km unless he threw every single squadron he had. The problem is balancing. AA ships need to be good enough to protect themselves and allied ships, but at the same time a CV needs to have a fair chance at being able to damage them too. If anybody has some suggestions as to exactly how that might be done I'd love to hear them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16
[CLAY]
Member
33 posts
6,392 battles
3 hours ago, blauflamme22 said:

WG have just announced that they will restrict the number of CVs in high tier games, T10 will no only have one CV per team. I think that something needs to be done about damage from CVs to DDs too, Im just not sure what would be a good balance. The hard problems are what @dieselhead mentioned above, when you are in an AA monster and you still get hammered by a CV then something is wrong. I have been worn down in my mino by a CV after the rework too. previously his planes would have struggled to make it within 5km unless he threw every single squadron he had. The problem is balancing. AA ships need to be good enough to protect themselves and allied ships, but at the same time a CV needs to have a fair chance at being able to damage them too. If anybody has some suggestions as to exactly how that might be done I'd love to hear them

Making a DFAA duration less and make it more effective I think is very good, CV won't need to long wait until DFAA off but it will cost the plane she have if they still want to strike a CA using DFAA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
261 posts
6,821 battles
2 minutes ago, Riuza said:

Making a DFAA duration less and make it more effective I think is very good, CV won't need to long wait until DFAA off but it will cost the plane she have if they still want to strike a CA using DFAA

I actually think that's a great idea, it also encourages players to be more strategic with their DFAA instead of just hitting it as soon as planes come into range. I'd give your post a thumbs up but I'm not allowed apparently by WG. I need to curb my enthusiasm for a bit before I can react to posts again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×