Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
appoclyse

My thought about Space Mode

22 comments in this topic

27 posts
5,050 battles

Ok guys, from here on out it only my thought so take it with a pinch of salt.

The new Space Mode is very interesting with new re-design map, epic sc-fi music, beautiful skin and new ships like z52 got awesome skin as well. For people who complain about Cv in random, this mode don't see the return of Harkuyu like it used to be so it more like a random match without *frustrating Cv meta*. The idea is great *or at least wat I thought it is*

here my negative impression: 

First is these ships don't have upgrade and no premium consumable, you hear me right "no upgrade" .That mean player is playing tier 10 ships without any upgrade and that is still fine for BB and CA/CL since they still have the heal. But for DD it's a nightmare since now you have to struggle every time you got hit and accidently burn out the RPP and then sit in open water with smoke in cool down like 1min and no speed to run. That is just poor execution in this phase when player can't do anything but hoping not run into some dude torp or run into someone radar.

And talk about Radar, here come my second complain. Why the heck WG still give that ridiculous 10km radar to a tier 7 ships ? it really damn frustrating whenever you run into galaxy radar range and got blap like half the Hp and can't run because the dude got the high-tier radar. And because of that radar and the firepower of galaxy, it down right frustrating because the dude will almost knockdown every module when you run into him. So please WG nerf radar or do something about DD struggle in this new mode. 

"i'm hoping they will change something but this is one time mode so not much high hope"

27 posts
5,050 battles
5 minutes ago, Taipan17 said:

The ships are Tier 10 ships

I know it tier 10 ship, but WG just lazy because they don't want to adjust too much. the whole 10km radar I bring here because it make DD play really hard. Space Mode don't allow upgrade so whenever I play Z52 re-model, I felt like I play a Haru with ruddle shift worse than truck. 

If they give the Belfast Radar I can accept it as a tier 7 radar is more expected.

Edited by appoclyse

330 posts
1,474 battles

The whole thing is just a space theme paint job.

Ships still move in a 2-D planar space. shells still move up and loop back down as there are gravity.  and ships still sink down wards.

1,035 posts
5,685 battles
16 hours ago, appoclyse said:

That mean player is playing tier 10 ships without any upgrade

I beg to differ.

The ships in Space modes are actually WITH UPGRADES. If you compare the stats with their upgrade-less tech tree counterparts, you will see it.

For example:

Galaxy (Space Des Moist) has 18.4km main gun range. That IS a normal Des Moist with Gun range mod.2 in Slot 6. Normal Des Moist's gun range is 15.8 km. Same as Zaya (Space Zao).

Blue Aster (Space Z-52) has 76,5s torp reload time. That IS a normal Z-52 with Torpedo reload mod. 3 in Slot 6. Normal Z-52 torp reload time is 90s.

Alldestroyer (Space GK) has Secondary Gun Range mod too.

Edited by Paladinum

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
1,947 posts
7,538 battles
3 hours ago, tsuenwan said:

The whole thing is just a space theme paint job.

Ships still move in a 2-D planar space. shells still move up and loop back down as there are gravity.  and ships still sink down wards.

yes, I started to have my doubts that I was really in space after I noticed by flag flutterring.

667 posts
8,665 battles
29 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

yes, I started to have my doubts that I was really in space after I noticed by flag flutterring.

Flags flutter on the moon though xD

524 posts
4,879 battles
5 hours ago, Paladinum said:

The ships in Space modes are actually WITH UPGRADES.

Same here. I thought that PARIS has 21.1 sec reload base. But after I checked REPUBLIQUE, the reload time is 24 sec. And I believe the upgrades are set by default by WG.

838 posts
7,273 battles
11 hours ago, AntifoulAwl said:

I still have questions about what liquid looking substance the ships appear to be on. At least last year it looked clearish, you could still see space through it. This year just looks like some weird space liquid. And I have yet to work out why most ships need a flame coming out of the top of them. Yes, it helps to see how fast they are going. But what purpose does the ship need it for?

:Smile-_tongue:

Edited by Grygus_Triss

485 posts
5,956 battles
17 hours ago, appoclyse said:

Ok guys, from here on out it only my thought so take it with a pinch of salt.

...it really damn frustrating whenever you run into galaxy radar range and got blap like half the Hp and can't run because the dude got the high-tier radar. And because of that radar and the firepower of galaxy, it down right frustrating because the dude will almost knockdown every module when you run into him. So please WG nerf radar or do something about DD struggle in this new mode.

This year's Space Mode is much improved over last year. For starters, it is some ocean on an alien planet or moon, so the gravity physics don't seem so odd as they were when the mode was set in actual space, and meanwhile having visible ocean makes aiming and situational visibility possible, unlike last time.

That said you probably have a point about DDs, as last night the queue was filled mostly with BBs. So the playerbase at least have concluded that DDs aren't competitive. That said, I think most of the problem lies in the DD players (and everyone really) being unfamiliar with the map, game mode, and enemy ship capability*. DDs I saw were playing far too casually for a T10 match. Once people twig to the fact that their DD is going up against DesMoines and Zao, and learn the ins-and-outs of the map, I'm sure they'll tighten down their positioning.

*even I had not realized they were unnerfed T10, I noted they were Tier VII and didn't pay it much further thought before jumping in.

I'm glad they got rid of upgrades and modules on these event ships, so you only have to kit out a captain and its ready to go. Buying modules, even if you got the money back after, was a pain, and building in upgrades/modules already is a nice QoL touch.

Edited by Rina_Pon

330 posts
1,474 battles
28 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

This year's Space Mode is much improved over last year. For starters, it is some ocean on an alien planet or moon, so the gravity physics don't seem so odd as they were when the mode was set in actual space, and meanwhile having visible ocean makes aiming and situational visibility possible, unlike last time.

The complete word for "Space" is actually "Outer Space" of a planet and outside of its major gravity field influence. 

838 posts
7,273 battles
1 hour ago, Rina_Pon said:

That said you probably have a point about DDs, as last night the queue was filled mostly with BBs. So the playerbase at least have concluded that DDs aren't competitive. That said, I think most of the problem lies in the DD players (and everyone really) being unfamiliar with the map, game mode, and enemy ship capability*. DDs I saw were playing far too casually for a T10 match. Once people twig to the fact that their DD is going up against DesMoines and Zao, and learn the ins-and-outs of the map, I'm sure they'll tighten down their positioning.

*even I had not realized they were unnerfed T10, I noted they were Tier VII and didn't pay it much further thought before jumping in.

I'm glad they got rid of upgrades and modules on these event ships, so you only have to kit out a captain and its ready to go. Buying modules, even if you got the money back after, was a pain, and building in upgrades/modules already is a nice QoL touch.

I played a few games in DD last night. I found that in the epicentre maps they work well if you get to the centre first, beat out opposing DDs, and spend most of the game camping that area while spotting and ships trying to get close enough to radar you, and having allies force them back (with assistance from your torpedos). Though it may vary the more ships are unlocked and we see more Auroras and Norma’s and Fireflys.

Or maybe I just got lucky and got a few good teams.

406 posts
8,968 battles

I am OK with the DD in Space mode, but more importantly I like the new game mode itself , its an improvement over the base game mode, the Epic Center aka Ring of Saturn should be made standard , the Binary Star Mode should made it into the main game as an alternative Standard Battle mode. What I do find is that many BB and Cruiser player still unable to grasp how Binary Star work for them or rather how they should work for it ... many stay far wide, out and back and in the end leave the home base easy to be capped by the opposing team. In the Binary mode the first objective ( after that initial 5 min ) is to me denial of capping to opposing team and if possible cap the enemy base. This actually force an up front confrontation and require power push and many guns are still not in the meta to do it. I was like in  my DD and found most guns just sitting back there ( when the shrieking is going on ) and fail to put themselves in a position to effectively deny enemy capping.

Similar case with Epic Center now that you cannot just had 1 DD inside the central ring and had it denied

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
1,947 posts
7,538 battles
8 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I still have questions about what liquid looking substance the ships appear to be on. At least last year it looked clearish, you could still see space through it. This year just looks like some weird space liquid. And I have yet to work out why most ships need a flame coming out of the top of them. Yes, it helps to see how fast they are going. But what purpose does the ship need it for?

:Smile-_tongue:

I can't wait for the day when halloween in space is a thing. Hopefully a camo comes of this, so I can bolt all sorts of ugly junk over my once-streamlined girls. :Smile_trollface:

As for the space liquid, I thought it was the congealed souls of MM leftovers. Dunno about the flame, is it a symbol of our time spent playing this?

51 posts
4,878 battles

My negative thoughts is that radar isn't the default consumable so my team's galaxy uses a fighter catapult... for what...

27 posts
5,050 battles
10 minutes ago, exter001 said:

My negative thoughts is that radar isn't the default consumable so my team's galaxy uses a fighter catapult... for what...

people love to troll around. last time I saw people using fighter in Galaxy 

have to be really hilarious to said the least.

51 posts
4,878 battles
13 minutes ago, appoclyse said:

people love to troll around. last time I saw people using fighter in Galaxy 

have to be really hilarious to said the least.

I would be fine with them if they hadn't press F7 when he got radared and spammed by an enemy galaxy behind an island

Edited by exter001

[LBAS]
4,888 posts
28,314 battles

Its free mode, free everything, just like T1

no premium consumables >> flat out equal to all

no upgrades ??? TX ship << 6 slots << 6 875 000 of credits x 9 ships (max) << how many credits you have to spare

TX ships no question about stats and some unique things,

WG graded them down to T7 to reduce service cost >> T7 economics << isn't it good ???

57 posts
6,814 battles

2 good things Space Battle offers:

- No long range HE spammers (Harugumo, Worcester, Henri IV, etc.)

- No ships with special gimmicks (Asashio, Pan Asian DDs, Stalingrad, etc.)

Sign in to follow this