You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
David_O_neill

Game Mechanics

16 comments in this topic

14 posts

Instead of creating unnecessary crap like space battles and xbox and playstation rubbish how about fixing the game mechanics for the players who after 3 months of constant complaining are still suffering game freezes, game crashes and all the other rubbish that no one at wows seems to care about.

In addition the players still suffering this get pink or game bans for quitting battles early, why not turn off that feature until you fix it?

Fix the game mechanics or atleast tell us you are working on it.

1,092 posts
8,954 battles
17 hours ago, David_O_neill said:

crap like space battles

I agree, the effort that went into Space Battles could have been better used to fix other problems.

xbox and playstation rubbish

The owners of consoles probably see that differently. That’s a business decision for WG.

fixing the game mechanics

The game mechanics constantly change, and keep changing. Saying that WG don’t do anything or don’t care is unfair. But they don’t do a very good job, looking at user feedback.

game freezes, game crashes

I don’t get this and I don’t think it is a general problem, looking at the forum.

Did you ever try to troubleshoot this with WG support?

get pink or game bans for quitting battles early,

This mechanic was a reaction because many players complained about AFK players. I guess WG cannot please anyone?

I didn’t get kicked out for many months and looking at the forum it seems not a general problem.

The problem is, I guess, you lose connection because your computer crashes and when you come back, you are pink?

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,626 posts

WG are constantly working to make the game better, new modes, new ships etc. Just because your game freezes/crashes/drops out diesn’t mean that it is WG’s or the games fault, you may have a problem your end that requires fixing, same goes for your connection, if it is constantly dropping out, maybe stay away from the game until you can get it fixed.

Having seen the work behind the scenes, I can garrantee you that WG does in fact look at player suggestions, and reported problems.  The majority of the time, not enough information was supplied by the user to replicate the problem. 

As to the Space Mode, this is the third time WG has used it, and is no longer of any interest.

Beta Tester
2,327 posts
7,116 battles
1 hour ago, lengxv6 said:

WG are constantly working to make the game better, new modes, new ships etc. Just because your game freezes/crashes/drops out diesn’t mean that it is WG’s or the games fault, you may have a problem your end that requires fixing, same goes for your connection, if it is constantly dropping out, maybe stay away from the game until you can get it fixed.

Having seen the work behind the scenes, I can garrantee you that WG does in fact look at player suggestions, and reported problems.  The majority of the time, not enough information was supplied by the user to replicate the problem. 

As to the Space Mode, this is the third time WG has used it, and is no longer of any interest.

what about the lock on bug that was there since the inception. or lock on interaction with stationary target. the unresponsive UI. those takes forever to fix.

14 posts

typical responses from players that have no idea. No its not my pc, internet or anything else related to me at this end. ITS A WOWS PROBLEM, THAY HAVE KNOWN ABOUT IT FOR ATLEAST 3 MONTHS. But hey no skin off my back, I like many other players have stopped spending money on the game till it is fixed. Maybe once WOWs start to see a financial drop-off in revenue they may decide to do something about it.

Edited by David_O_neill

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,626 posts

WG will not see a financial drop off, very few players experience these drop offs, glitches, bugs etc, many don’t report them, those that do, do not include requested files etc to assist in fixing the problem. 

Your experience with the game , annoying to you as it is, is not affecting everyone, probably less then 1% of the player base. 

Go go to the bug thread, report the bug/s, make sure you include any files, screenshots, replays that highlight the problem. How often you have the problem, what you were doing when the problem occurred.

Your annoying problem may in fact be an underlying problem, or it may be a glitch, but reporting it is the only way you can hope to get it fixed.

14 posts
43 minutes ago, lengxv6 said:

WG will not see a financial drop off, very few players experience these drop offs, glitches, bugs etc, many don’t report them, those that do, do not include requested files etc to assist in fixing the problem. 

Your experience with the game , annoying to you as it is, is not affecting everyone, probably less then 1% of the player base. 

Go go to the bug thread, report the bug/s, make sure you include any files, screenshots, replays that highlight the problem. How often you have the problem, what you were doing when the problem occurred.

Your annoying problem may in fact be an underlying problem, or it may be a glitch, but reporting it is the only way you can hope to get it fixed.

Its been reported more times than I can care to remember, and it affects about 5% of the playing population currently. And I'll say again its a wow's problem not a users problem. No matter how many you uninstall  and even a complete system wipe and restart the problem doesn't go away. It mainly affects Mac users and has ever since the new cv's rework. And yes there is a financial drop-off one only need look at wows own traffic reports to see that.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,626 posts

Just update my memory here, but there is no native install for a Mac correct (not a Mac user, so this may have changed), you guys need to run it via a 3rd party software

14 posts
1 hour ago, lengxv6 said:

Just update my memory here, but there is no native install for a Mac correct (not a Mac user, so this may have changed), you guys need to run it via a 3rd party software

Yes there is a Mac install version, and no it doesn't need to run through a 3rd party. I have also tried that and same issues still happen. 

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,626 posts

The only WG staff I know that know how to deal with the Mac stuff are on the EU server, huge following over there for Mac, suggestion would be to have a look at the EU forum, may be the NA forum and see if any latest things about the Mac install has been posted, the only person I knew that knew Mac is now over there sorry.

might drop a line in some channels, see if there is any word around on the problem and the cure, best I can do

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,626 posts

If you have claimed a bonus from the website, it will arrive in your account automatically, sometimes it takes a little while. Check your notifications in game, if nothing shows in an hour, send a ticket into support

14 posts
8 hours ago, lengxv6 said:

The only WG staff I know that know how to deal with the Mac stuff are on the EU server, huge following over there for Mac, suggestion would be to have a look at the EU forum, may be the NA forum and see if any latest things about the Mac install has been posted, the only person I knew that knew Mac is now over there sorry.

might drop a line in some channels, see if there is any word around on the problem and the cure, best I can do

Thanks but I am based in Europe, and I have checked with the Europe servers which is how I know is a problem with WOWS and not my system. Unfortunately I was living in au and moved over here, if I could transfer my tier 10's to Europe server I would but I can't be bothered grinding all over again.

The feedback but from Europe is they know about the problem but have no idea why or how to fix it.

132 posts
24,660 battles
10 hours ago, lengxv6 said:

Well, regarding the very few players facing certain issues and the problem being with those players' setup is a bit too much of a stretch. The current team that is handling WoWs appears to be completely oblivious to any feedback from the playerbase. They seem to be hell bent on just adding content, shoving random things into the game no-one asked for, and honestly it would be fine unless those random things appear to bring in countless annoying bugs with them or completely turns the game upside down. And worse still, when people point them out they ignore, blame it on the consumer and just go on about adding more flawed content. 

Then about technical bugs, well after 8.1, a lot of people including myself faced horrendous glitches, port became a stop motion video nonsense, and ingame it would seemingly develop a desync type of effect halfaway through, with ships appearing much later than they appear on MAP, and torps that visibly miss you suddenly cause a random massive damage without any animation or whatsoever. The WoWs dev team kept putting it on the players system setup blabla, I have 3 drastically diff systems in my room with radically diff configs, tested in all 3 and detailed a general overview how the game behaved on the 3 systems. Did they bother to even respond? Or ask me or anyone complaining for additional info? Nope, they went on with randomly blaming 32 bit systems or whatsoever. Tried explaining to them that I tried shoving 12 gigs of ram to the game and it didnt pull over 3 anyway. I even specifically said that maybe some particle physx related issue is causing the CPUs to go into panic mode [ Ranging from a Phenom 2 x4 all the way to a i7-4790 ]. Basically processors went haywire.  Instead of fixing problems like those which were affecting many people, they decided to just ignore it for the entire duration of that patch and instead invest their resources for new content. And I think with this patch they mentioned something related to the matter but also said it was not the objects/particles that were added that threw the CPU off the rails, though the CPUs were thrown off rails.. -___-'..

And seriously about the 32bit crap, can this game engine even have a 64bit version? Or Capable of running in 64bit? O.o ...