You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pete_the_pirate

Outer space = waste of space

50 comments in this topic

45 posts
3,310 battles

Anybody else agree that the 'Space' scenarios are a waste of time? Personally I think WOWS would be better off improving the mechanics of the earth based naval battles instead of that crap.

After all exploding things at sea is what we all came here for - am I right?

Unknown.jpg

396 posts
8,932 battles

Only thing positive I see is the new Epic center ... cough, Ring of Saturn, and the Binary Star aka standard battle game mode revamp, both I think going in the right direction .. I think the new epic center should be made standard and the new standard battle mode can be made an option .. the other 2 game mode, well, let see how it all play out afterward

1,024 posts
5,666 battles

The only thing this is "good" about is they testing out new things that could be good for the core games. *cough* respawn mode *cough*

However, the rewards are subpar to me. It'd rather grind the 4 weeks of Directives to get my Buffalo her perma camo than playing Space mode. Ironium items don't seem to be interesting, except prem times.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand many of tasks in the Directives do not register Space mode, for whatever reasons.

THIS UPDATE IS A JOKEEEEEEEE, AND IT EVEN STARTED ON APRIL'S FOOL DAY!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

642 posts
9,715 battles

If only the same amount of effort that went into creating Space battles and Halloween game modes could actually be re-directed into other things like oh I don't know, fixing port UI lag, Matchmaker improvements, Proper ship balancing, improved ship auto pilot for better ship/CV control, etc...

Maybe I am asking too much of WG, these things I mentioned are of little value to the game and its player base and are not really all that important...……..

1,024 posts
5,666 battles
2 minutes ago, HobartAWD said:

If only the same amount of effort that went into creating Space battles and Halloween game modes could actually be re-directed into other things like oh I don't know, fixing port UI lag, Matchmaker improvements, Proper ship balancing, improved ship auto pilot for better ship/CV control, etc...

Firstly, different teams. 

But apparently also different amount of members and levels of effort lol (especially balancing Dept.)

[MONMU]
15 posts
960 battles

I played it once last night, and I don't really have any motivation to play it again. People get into WOW because they're interested in WW1-WW2 naval warfare, or they have a favorite ship. Nobodys going to get into WOW for the space battles.

[PEEDZ]
46 posts
6,868 battles

Am i on the NA forums... lotsa whinging

WG do April fools events every year, last year was space battles too. Are we going the get the same whinging again for halloween later in the year?

Is it a waste of resources... no because they were always going to make it, if anything it's less than normal as they're re-using resources from last years space battles event. WG using these things to public test ideas/gameplay etc

suck it up princess's  :cap_haloween:

1,649 posts
10,222 battles

Threads like these are why we can't get good things. Get nice content and people still complain. Haters gotta hate I suppose.

No it is not a waste of resources. One, WG uses these events to playtest new gameplay ideas. Two, these are done by modellers and artists. They have nothing to do with game balancing. It is not as though they can fix port bugs or whatever, so might as well give them something to do. If they can sell a few camos then it is even better.

521 posts
4,873 battles
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

No it is not a waste of resources. One, WG uses these events to playtest new gameplay ideas. Two, these are done by modellers and artists. They have nothing to do with game balancing. It is not as though they can fix port bugs or whatever, so might as well give them something to do. If they can sell a few camos then it is even better.

While I can agree with you, how about the dev. team who's in charge with other things like performance issues and CV rework?

1,024 posts
5,666 battles
1 hour ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

While I can agree with you, how about the dev. team who's in charge with other things like performance issues and CV rework?

*ehem*

20 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Firstly, different teams. 

But apparently also different amount of members and levels of effort lol (especially balancing Dept.)

757 posts
7,883 battles

While it is true that this is basically supposed to be for testing out new stuff, I don't think it will be fruitful enough.

It has the same issue that Arms Race had... missions and directive completion are not counted. So, participation will be low...

Not to mention most people who are participating are playing to mostly try out different T10 ships and a lot of them are in fact trying T10 for the first time. So there is this "Casual Environment" or what others use to mention as "Having Fun"... which I personally don't like at all. Also, it makes the data collected by WG pretty useless. 

And the permanent camos they are giving out are pretty much useless also because you can't use them if you wish to hide their visual(which makes literally no sense) and modding them is also a nightmare...

Those are just my two cents...I played mayb 3 games but thats it; not going back to those.

Edited by _TAMAL_

51 posts
4,868 battles

11 hours ago, JollySam said:

I played it once last night, and I don't really have any motivation to play it again. People get into WOW because they're interested in WW1-WW2 naval warfare, or they have a favorite ship. Nobodys going to get into WOW for the space battles.

Please don't categorize other people with you. There are many out there who play WOWS just for fun, not for naval warfare stuff.

757 posts
7,883 battles
29 minutes ago, exter001 said:

Please don't categorize other people with you. There are many out there who play WOWS just for fun, not for naval warfare stuff.

So you play WoWs only once or twice per year?:Smile_trollface:

1,024 posts
5,666 battles
5 hours ago, exter001 said:

Count me in. Only AFTER I started WoWS that I started to care about naval stuffs.

833 posts
7,256 battles
7 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Count me in. Only AFTER I started WoWS that I started to care about naval stuffs.

Same and agreed.

I play this game for fun and enjoyment. The Historical stuff is a good medium, but it doesn’t worry me if we have the OPTION to play spaceships or ghost ships for a month or two each year.

As to the argument about where their effort would be better spent. @Paladinum is right, different teams, different budgets. If game was easy to balance, they’d have done it by now.

Besides, even developers need a break. You’re working on a long project, not making much headway, better to take some time to work on something complete different, something fun, see things differently. Before getting back into the original project with a fresh attitude.

Regarding the space battles themselves. Eh, not bad, modes are alright, music and graphics are fine. This whole ‘play to earn limited access time ships’ is something I don’t especially like because, what’s the point if you don’t get to keep them?

I’ll probably play for a bit, gives good elite captain so, but my goal in the game is o unlock all tech tree ships, so this doesn’t really work towards that.

1,024 posts
5,666 battles
8 hours ago, _TAMAL_ said:

It has the same issue that Arms Race had... missions and directive completion are not counted. So, participation will be low...

And the permanent camos they are giving out are pretty much useless also because you can't use them if you wish to hide their visual(which makes literally no sense) and modding them is also a nightmare...

Those are just my two cents...I played mayb 3 games but thats it; not going back to those.

I want those perma camos so I can play Buff and Saint Lo easier. I don't even have the credits to buy Saint Lo.

The "hide camo" thing is a pointless addition IMO. They outright REMOVE the camos from being selected, not just hide the visual of them. What if I want the bonuses but still want my ships to look historical/realistic?

3 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Besides, even developers need a break.

NOT the balancing Dept. They don't deserve it :Smile_trollface:

54 posts
6,792 battles

This year's Space Battle also doesn't count for the directives, unlike the last years which incorporated some monthly events (I can't recall them for now). They even exclude some ships for this year's Space Battle & put them in the quests if you wanna unlock them. Last year we only had to play a battle with ships of T6 & higher of the certain classes (Alldestroyer & Paris = T6+ BBs, Flyfire & Blue Aster = T6+ DDs, etc.), win or lose would unlock the ships, you can even go Co-Op to unlock them!