You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

16 comments in this topic

61 posts
9,769 battles

Nice Replay. Nice aggressive pushing in battleship 

High Caliber and Double Strike award. Nearly 1,50,000 damage 

Care to share some tips ?

Share replay of North Carolina in high tier battle. When the warship comes up against Yamato, Republique, Iowa, Missouri, GK, not to mention the HE spamming experts like DM, Worcester, Moskva, tier 10 CV raining damage from above. All of sudden the NC does not look so good. 

But i am sure player like you with super unicum stats and over 900 battles in NC can make it work 

67 posts
3,344 battles
11 minutes ago, INSDESTROYER said:

Share replay of North Carolina in high tier battle. When the warship comes up against Yamato, Republique, Iowa, Missouri, GK, not to mention the HE spamming experts like DM, Worcester, Moskva, tier 10 CV raining damage from above. All of sudden the NC does not look so good. 

But i am sure player like you with super unicum stats and over 900 battles in NC can make it work 

The only advice I could give you when playing the North Carolina bottom tier is to play it like a support ship. You can still be aggressive, but it requires a lot more caution since you're dealing with the top dogs of the game.

213 posts
1,514 battles
1 hour ago, INSDESTROYER said:

Aggressive stance is inadvisable for USN BBs. NC has very weak broadside armor and can get easily citadel-ed if you show your sides. You play her like a Richelieu or Jean Bart and use only your front turrets while facing other BBs. Her 406mms  are accurate enough to punish any kind of bote that comes at you! 

667 posts
8,665 battles
3 hours ago, cellum95 said:

Why didnt you fire at the spotted DD? You pinged your team to fire at him but didnt fire at him yourself? Twice I saw you fire salvo's at the NM? (I think) instead of shooting at the DD.

67 posts
3,344 battles
7 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

Why didnt you fire at the spotted DD? You pinged your team to fire at him but didnt fire at him yourself? Twice I saw you fire salvo's at the NM? (I think) instead of shooting at the DD.

Remember, North Carolina has one of the-if not the-slowest shell velocities for BBs in the game. Even if I do, the Shiratsuyu would just simply swerve away to avoid my shells. While yes, I will admit that 7-8 km-ish is practically point-blank range, and that I could hit the DD if aimed correctly, NC shells have a tendency to 'float' a bit more than other BB shells, and so it would have been a waste of shells. Plus, if that Shira is at the very least competent, the captain would have just simply swerved away to avoid them. 

Though I will acknowledge that I should have fired on the DD where I was in a position to do so, but instead my mind is just going for 'more damage' mindset.

Edited by cellum95

667 posts
8,665 battles
1 minute ago, cellum95 said:

Remember, North Carolina has one of the-if not the-slowest shell velocities for BBs in the game. Even if I do, the Shiratsuyu would just simply swerve away to avoid my shells. While yes, I will admit that 7-8 km-ish is practically point-blank range, and that I could hit the DD if aimed correctly, NC shells have a tendency to 'float' a bit more than other BB shells, and so it would have been a waste of shells. Plus, if that Shira is at the very least competent, the captain would have just simply swerved away to avoid them. 

I guess, I like to shoot at them whenever I get the chance if to nothing more than chase them away from my dd players. Then you get those lucky shots where you ping one from 18km away lol.

1,092 posts
8,954 battles
18 hours ago, cellum95 said:

Indeed a good replay!

Mainly, to learn how NOT to play, looking at the *enemy* ships. Your 150k damage is clearly because a number of enemy ship were happy to show and continue to show broadside, even after they knew there was a North Carolina in their flank. If the enemy team continues to make this kind of mistake, just a question of time to make six digit figure damage. But fair enough, a good player knows how to exploit errors of the enemy and the video shows a few good techniques.

I had to smile, because for quite some time nobody returned fire. I wish I would get games like that.

When the enemy carrier finally wakes up to the fact there is a dangerous NC killing his team, it didn’t take long until game over.

A few good moves I think worthy to point out for the benefit of others:

• When you saw the three ships north, he turned to intercept them in a quite aggressive way that probably won the game.
  • Then, you used the island so only one or two ships could fire at you. Islands are great to isolate enemies, when attacking superior numbers.
  • Generally, you did not fire full salvos, but individual turrets.
  • When you were getting close to the enemy, you put your ship in reverse. This means you were able to continue pointing your bow at the enemy and they were unable to outflank you.
  • You also looked around a lot, checking out the ships behind or in your flank.

About shooting the DD, well, not shooting the DD in that situation was selfish. You say himself you thought ‘how to do more damage’. Instead of shooting the DD, you had a few shells bouncing of BB’s. Those hits didn’t make a difference to the health of the BB. One or two hits could take 10% or more off the DD’s health. That can make a difference down the track for a DD.

I enjoyed the replay, but I enjoy replay a lot more with commentary. It would be interesting to know what you thought, how you made your decisions.

761 posts
16,006 battles

Gratz. You demonstrated that a BB does not have to sit back and play, but rather be active. Your opponent losing 2 dds so early did not help their cause. I would support you not shooting that shira as the potential returns are iffy. Travelling away from you, slim profile. Chances would be that your shots would be dispersed and not hit anything. In the end, it's up to the situation at the time.

67 posts
3,344 battles
6 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Indeed a good replay!

Mainly, to learn how NOT to play, looking at the *enemy* ships. Your 150k damage is clearly because a number of enemy ship were happy to show and continue to show broadside, even after they knew there was a North Carolina in their flank. If the enemy team continues to make this kind of mistake, just a question of time to make six digit figure damage. But fair enough, a good player knows how to exploit errors of the enemy and the video shows a few good techniques.

I had to smile, because for quite some time nobody returned fire. I wish I would get games like that.

When the enemy carrier finally wakes up to the fact there is a dangerous NC killing his team, it didn’t take long until game over.

A few good moves I think worthy to point out for the benefit of others:

• When you saw the three ships north, he turned to intercept them in a quite aggressive way that probably won the game.
  • Then, you used the island so only one or two ships could fire at you. Islands are great to isolate enemies, when attacking superior numbers.
  • Generally, you did not fire full salvos, but individual turrets.
  • When you were getting close to the enemy, you put your ship in reverse. This means you were able to continue pointing your bow at the enemy and they were unable to outflank you.
  • You also looked around a lot, checking out the ships behind or in your flank.

About shooting the DD, well, not shooting the DD in that situation was selfish. You say himself you thought ‘how to do more damage’. Instead of shooting the DD, you had a few shells bouncing of BB’s. Those hits didn’t make a difference to the health of the BB. One or two hits could take 10% or more off the DD’s health. That can make a difference down the track for a DD.

I enjoyed the replay, but I enjoy replay a lot more with commentary. It would be interesting to know what you thought, how you made your decisions.

Thanks for the analysis! It is a pleasure to see someone analyzing a play with objectiveness in mind. Sadly, I don't have any audio recording equipment to do a commentary. 

As for the DD, dejik_nyo said it best:

5 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Gratz. You demonstrated that a BB does not have to sit back and play, but rather be active. Your opponent losing 2 dds so early did not help their cause. I would support you not shooting that shira as the potential returns are iffy. Travelling away from you, slim profile. Chances would be that your shots would be dispersed and not hit anything. In the end, it's up to the situation at the time.

Yes, I could have shot at the DD when he was spotted and seemingly stationary at the time, but then as soon as I fire he would have potentially moved to avoid those shots. 

Besides, a King George V is a much better DD-killer than a North Carolina.

Edited by cellum95

667 posts
8,665 battles
6 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Really? You should always take shots at the DD especially at that close range. Even NC shells don't hang up at that close range. Leaving it for "others" to fire at is a sure way to get torped later by the same DD you decided not to fire at lol.

Also the only reason he could be so aggressive is the cv's were asleep.

67 posts
3,344 battles
12 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

Really? You should always take shots at the DD especially at that close range. Even NC shells don't hang up at that close range. Leaving it for "others" to fire at is a sure way to get torped later by the same DD you decided not to fire at lol.

Also the only reason he could be so aggressive is the cv's were asleep.

Now that I think about it, why didn't Shiratsuyu fire torps at me, and instead fired it on the KGV?

I will acknowledge that I should've fired at the DD at that moment, KGV with me or no.

I probably had too much assurance of the KGV(and others in the area) to do the DD-killing task.

(This might be a case of a match having smart decisions, bad decisions, and luck-good or bad- rolled into one.)

Edited by cellum95

667 posts
8,665 battles
17 minutes ago, cellum95 said:

Now that I think about it, why didn't Shiratsuyu fire torps at me, and instead fired it on the KGV?

I will acknowledge that I should've fired at the DD at that moment, KGV with me or no.

I probably had too much assurance of the KGV(and others in the area) to do the DD-killing task.

(This might be a case of a match having smart decisions, bad decisions, and luck-good or bad- rolled into one.)

Who knows? Just basing my comments on what happens to me lol

1,092 posts
8,954 battles
13 hours ago, cellum95 said:

Sadly, I don't have any audio recording equipment to do a commentary. 

Most computers these days simply need one of those little headsets with microphone you use with phones. But to record the voice-over you would need some flavor of video editing software.