You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yansuki

soviet ERA UI

25 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,327 posts
7,116 battles

WG is still living in soviet ERA tech. what up with this wonky UI that always lags, and no slider for exchanging currencies? instead we got a tedious click to exchange certain amount of currencies for another, it takes forever to convert all of them...

not to mention the lack of observer option.

why is a 1990s game like starcraft and red alert has observer option in game at the release. while a 2015 game, after 3 years still has no proper observer. how can WG expect to establish and Esport for this game, if they can even make a proper observer mode after all of this year.

1,184 posts
7,865 battles

well, when WoT 2.0 come with new engine. I was asking in one of those Q&A about posibility of having new engine that have better visuals,no bullshit Aura AA, realistic water physics, smoother UI and observer capability.

They said : NO NO NO ! current Engine is enough for what we planed in future

Edited by humusz

63 posts
4,343 battles

Pardon me if my writings altering the topic discussion.

I was a huge fan of Russian engineering, from the ships to the aviation. From WW2 to modern era.... until I watch the video about Kursk.

There is the point where all my respect to Russian Navy evaporated.

524 posts
4,879 battles

WoWS UI will always and always laggy. If you compare the premium shop in the game and in the web, the performance differentiation is pretty big. Heck there are some WoWS ripoff that has better performance in the port.

Beta Tester
2,327 posts
7,116 battles
4 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

WoWS UI will always and always laggy. If you compare the premium shop in the game and in the web, the performance differentiation is pretty big. Heck there are some WoWS ripoff that has better performance in the port.

yeah, i saw vid of flambass (a battle royale warship game), where he pointed how a ripoff game has way better and very responsive UI.

1,143 posts
4,413 battles
22 hours ago, AntifoulAwl said:

7/10 Ladas

and total obedience to the State.

I have found glorious Lada simulator....so you can practice for the 15 years it will take for them to full fill your order!:

1.jpg

Also found the machine WG will no doubt be using to base Sub gameplay off of:

16.jpg

More OP arcade machines here:

https://www.wired.com/2007/07/gallery-soviet-games/

Edited by BanditSE1977

667 posts
8,665 battles
21 hours ago, yansuki said:

yeah, i saw vid of flambass (a battle royale warship game), where he pointed how a ripoff game has way better and very responsive UI.

Can verify, Ive played it and the "port" UI is instant, as in zero lag.

1,092 posts
8,954 battles

Not quite sure what you guys mean?

I find the computer comes to a halt when starting the game. Sometimes when a game ends, it takes several seconds until the port pops up again, is that what you mean?

In Port or Premium Shop, I have no complaints.

Not sure what you mean with observer option? After your ship died, you will be an observer. Why would you want observers in the game that are not playing?

But anyway, my laptop with onboard graphics drives WoWS OK. IMHO, WG should focus on fixing other game issues. The UI will not earn awards for speed or beauty, but it does the trick.

I should say my laptop hard drive is an SSD, maybe that makes a difference?

261 posts
6,821 battles

1 hour ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Not sure what you mean with observer option? After your ship died, you will be an observer. Why would you want observers in the game that are not playing?

He means observers for competitive gaming, currently for comps observers have to be assigned to each team and take a T1 ship in so they can enter battle. If you're trying to promote your game for esports this isn't exactly the greatest way to go about having observers in your game

1,092 posts
8,954 battles
2 hours ago, blauflamme22 said:

He means observers for competitive gaming, currently for comps observers have to be assigned to each team and take a T1 ship in so they can enter battle. If you're trying to promote your game for esports this isn't exactly the greatest way to go about having observers in your game

Well, I have seen replays of tournament matches where one ship in each team suicided and those became the observers. That works.

Of course, some people of forums always think they know better than the company that produces the game. And those can always make suggestions. But they cannot make decisions for the company.

Beta Tester
2,327 posts
7,116 battles
1 hour ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Well, I have seen replays of tournament matches where one ship in each team suicided and those became the observers. That works.

Of course, some people of forums always think they know better than the company that produces the game. And those can always make suggestions. But they cannot make decisions for the company.

how cant it work when you can only see one side per team? 1990's games has better observer than this game. as for premium, try converting all of your crowns to florins. the only option is trade 5 crowns for 40 florins. if you have couple of hundreds of crowns it will take forever. same with trading florins to credit. how come you cant not put the amount you want to convert or no slider. mobile games has better UI than this game. even flash game has better UI than this game.

games decade ago has working observer. they can switch to each side of the game if observer want to see the vision of each side. but most of the time both team are visible to see what are each team doing.

so many unknown. observer cant even see if consumable are on CD, the have to guess it all the time, info like how many flooding, fires module damage should be available for observer so they can explain it better. games like starcraft broodwars has lots of info can be view. apm. income, upgrade finish, unit  on production and so on.

. even the one that give info about total fleet HP is from A mod made by the community.

261 posts
6,821 battles
19 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Nonsense, you see all ships.

Actually you cant, you can only see the ships that are being spotted by the team you went into battle with. that's why they have to have multiple casters for each game in a tournament, you need at least one for each side to be able to get the whole picture of what's going on. Whilst you might not think so, observer modes are pretty important for competitive gaming and having to take a T1 to suicide in isn't good enough. Cleaning up the port though with the latest update is a good start, now though they just need to finish the job 

1,092 posts
8,954 battles
On 4/2/2019 at 2:37 PM, blauflamme22 said:

Actually you cant, you can only see the ships that are being spotted by the team you went into battle with

Yeah, fair point, I didn't think of that.

On 4/2/2019 at 2:37 PM, blauflamme22 said:

Whilst you might not think so, observer modes are pretty important for competitive gaming

You are right, I don't think it is important. You are free to disagree.

667 posts
8,665 battles
On 4/2/2019 at 12:37 PM, blauflamme22 said:

Actually you cant, you can only see the ships that are being spotted by the team you went into battle with. that's why they have to have multiple casters for each game in a tournament, you need at least one for each side to be able to get the whole picture of what's going on. Whilst you might not think so, observer modes are pretty important for competitive gaming and having to take a T1 to suicide in isn't good enough. Cleaning up the port though with the latest update is a good start, now though they just need to finish the job 

They wont break into esports until they have a perfectly symmetrical maps anyway. You cant have ranked/competitive maps with advantages based on which side you spawn, that's just ridiculous.

Command and Conquer Kane's Wrath is a 2008 game and the observer is on point, you can even draw lines if you select "commentator".

261 posts
6,821 battles

@dieselhead you're right about map symmetry, though more and more they are making them more symmetrical, I think the problem for them is they still cant even find a consistent standard for things like ranked. proper esports is a way off yet. I'm not sure why we've all become focused on the observer mode, it would make a useful addition but its just one of a myriad of different things in the interface that needs work and/or implementation. Once again i think the best thing here is for people to post about what they want to see and how it might work. W're all getting too good at simply complaining on the forums.
long term I'd like to see a proper observer mode and the emergence of some proper esports for WoWS. If its successful it may help to increase the playerbase which in turn increases server numbers and helps fix other problems like the matchmaker tier spread.
As @yansuki mentioned in the first place, it would be good to have the option to bulk buy something or convert various currencies in the armoury too.

Beta Tester
2,327 posts
7,116 battles
7 hours ago, blauflamme22 said:

@dieselhead you're right about map symmetry, though more and more they are making them more symmetrical, I think the problem for them is they still cant even find a consistent standard for things like ranked. proper esports is a way off yet. I'm not sure why we've all become focused on the observer mode, it would make a useful addition but its just one of a myriad of different things in the interface that needs work and/or implementation. Once again i think the best thing here is for people to post about what they want to see and how it might work. W're all getting too good at simply complaining on the forums.
long term I'd like to see a proper observer mode and the emergence of some proper esports for WoWS. If its successful it may help to increase the playerbase which in turn increases server numbers and helps fix other problems like the matchmaker tier spread.

WG are rushing the ESport thing, maybe they want to promote game ASAP but its still to early for WoWS. other than things you mention. this game has lots of problem, specially in balance department (im looking at you Henry IV and midway). not to mention bugs that take forever to fix. lock on bugs, random citadel on super structure and more. KotS is not bad, its quite exciting to watch. im hoping i will see KotS with achivement on. like first blood, devastating strike, double strife and kraken. those simple thing will make watching more exiting. you cant to that on training room...

8 hours ago, blauflamme22 said:

As @yansuki mentioned in the first place, it would be good to have the option to bulk buy something or convert various currencies in the armoury too.

this is one of my biggest grief with WG. how com a mobile games has better UI when it comes to exchanging currencies.. maybe its about time to hire better people at UI department.

[ANZAC]
405 posts
12,937 battles
11 hours ago, blauflamme22 said:

a consistent standard for things like ranked. proper esports is a way off yet.

As in never - with the amount of RNG in this game it becoming any sort of legit e sports title is about as likely as me becoming a super model.

Beta Tester
2,327 posts
7,116 battles
6 hours ago, j0e90 said:

As in never - with the amount of RNG in this game it becoming any sort of legit e sports title is about as likely as me becoming a super model.

dota still has lots of RNG. since its base on wc3. also warcraft 3 has esport establish on it. but you're right, they need to adjust the  balance of those RNG. like AA rng. they should remove the RNG on AA consistent damage. WG has the audacity to call it consistent damage when there's an RNG involve on it... like really WG?

1,184 posts
7,865 battles
4 hours ago, yansuki said:

dota still has lots of RNG. since its base on wc3. also warcraft 3 has esport establish on it. but you're right, they need to adjust the  balance of those RNG. like AA rng. they should remove the RNG on AA consistent damage. WG has the audacity to call it consistent damage when there's an RNG involve on it... like really WG?

Dota use PRD or pseudo random distribution. Unlike pure RNG its eleminate the "streak" where there string of triggers in row, or streak full of nothing in row.

Say if the chance of crit occuring was 20 percent. You would expect the crit was happen every 5th attack. So if you have 4 strikes with no crit, for every failure the triiger chance was inflated, until the 5th or 6th strike have almost 100 percent crit. After each trigger the chance thus will be reseted. Pros player usualy cook up the chance before engaging to minimize unfavorable RNG

Thats why even though dota have lots of RNG mechanics. Its never as random or unpredictable as it seems.