You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Satyanwesi

A humble request to WG please buff tier X german DD Z-52

49 comments in this topic

3,948 posts
7,791 battles
3 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

thing of it as a nodachi against a Swiss army knife, one is really, really, really good at it's intended job, i.e killing people, and the other *can kill people, but also comes with a metric shitton of utility 

I don't disagree. But if a Gearing can switch the Engine Boost/DAAF during a fight (with cooldown of course), that'd be great. The consumable charges will be reduced and won't be replenished upon switching.

16 posts
12,724 battles
12 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

because there is nothing else a darling can do apart from hunt DDs, gearing can double as a AA ship or torpboat or even as a long ass smoke screen

thing of it as a nodachi against a Swiss army knife, one is really, really, really good at it's intended job, i.e killing people, and the other *can kill people, but also comes with a metric shitton of utility 

Oh dude grow up i have daring bft plus aft Build i hunt dds and kite too with 2 sec reload and good enough aa, smoke, hydro and heal that ship is stupid  

Edited by CAPTAIN_RAJAN_KHANNA
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SH0T]
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
28 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

"33 percent DPM is a slight nerf, will not effect the ship that much"

10/10 WG

Reminds me of CV REWORK lol!

If ever a DD didnt need nerfing it was the YY.

If the Gearing had a heal I think that would cure the power creep it has suffered.

[BOTES]
Modder
581 posts
4,453 battles

I had hopes for Z52 buffs but now I've simply moved on from that thing

German DDs as a whole has been powercrept and made complacent my dude

• Cool 2

[REPOI]
5,690 posts
23,925 battles
3 minutes ago, CAPTAIN_RAJAN_KHANNA said:

Oh dude grow up i have daring bft plus aft Build i hunt dds and kite too with 2 sec reload and good enough aa, smoke, hydro and heal that ship is stupid  

oh grow up and look at the facts.

you need IFHE to even penn DDs, your HE does no damage against capital ships and the arcs are next to unusable outside of 10km even if you are aiming at a BB, your AA only works against T8 CVs at most and even then they can still bomb the shit out of you, what use is 2s reload when you are one of the easiest DDs to spot at T10 and the slowest by far? 

the ship is very situational, if you get into that situation then the ship is good, if not it's worthless, as opposed to ships like z52/gearing/groz that can do decent at everything 

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[SH0T]
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
1 minute ago, 9mm1n said:

I had hopes for Z52 buffs but now I've simply moved on from that thing

German DDs as a whole has been powercrept and made complacent my dude

Not that its really worth playing DD's apart from Groz atm. Double cv games are still too common for my liking.

[REPOI]
5,690 posts
23,925 battles
1 minute ago, dieselhead said:

Not that its really worth playing DD's apart from Groz atm. Double cv games are still too common for my liking.

yep, i've been playing USN ships almost exclusively since the patch came out, 

48 posts
5,418 battles
52 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

the AP is extreamly powerful against DDs that needs to turn and run away from you, the issue with KMDD HE isnt the penn, it's the crap HE alpha and fire chance, which is by design, WG gave a ship almost every single skill that would make z52 the penultimate DD killer, and balanced it through giving it sub-par armaments. it was designed around the crutch that is it's smoke and hydro combo

Bro you never played z-52.. I request you plz play z52.

[SH0T]
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
Just now, drakon233 said:

yep, i've been playing USN ships almost exclusively since the patch came out,

Played Wooster and killed 50 planes, all while he dropped the shiznit out of me through my DFAA  lol. That is just ridiculous!

[REPOI]
5,690 posts
23,925 battles
1 minute ago, Satyanwesi said:

oh i have, ST stats just dont show:Smile-_tongue:

[SH0T]
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
1 minute ago, Satyanwesi said:

Neither have I but I have been on the receiving end of its AP and can confirm it is REALLY good.

48 posts
5,418 battles
52 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

If Z52 gets a buff then Gearing better get some love as well!

Gearing should get a Heal slot also

• Cool 1

[SALT]
1,809 posts
10,430 battles

The only buff she need was for the battleship AP weakness gimmic she have. to be removed.

• Cool 1

48 posts
5,418 battles
22 minutes ago, humusz said:

The only buff she need was for the battleship AP weakness gimmic she have. to be removed.

BBs still pen Z-52 badly

[REPOI]
5,690 posts
23,925 battles
12 hours ago, Satyanwesi said:

BBs still pen Z-52 badly

BB AP pen all DDs  has already been nerfed, it's not a z52 issue, it you, look at kahbba and harugumo , they still still eat full penns and they dont complain about it, the only thing that makes z52 eat a bit more damage is it's comparative large size when you look at shima or gearing
973Wvay.png

the pic dosnt have the newer large DDs like harugumo or groz but you get the point

Edited by drakon233

48 posts
5,418 battles
30 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

BB AP pen all DDs  has already been nerfed, it's not a z52 issue, it you, look at kahbba and harugumo , they still still eat full penns and they dont complain about it, the only thing that makes z52 eat a bit more damage is it's comparative large size when you look at shima or gearing
973Wvay.png

the pic dosnt have the newer large DDs like harugumo or groz but you get the point

Large dds like Khaba and grozo have heal.. darling also has hydro+heal though it doesn't get hurt by massive BB AP pens. Then why z-52 and gearing lacking a heal slot while both of them suffer frm large caliber pens..?

Edited by Satyanwesi

[LNA]
1,993 posts
12,618 battles
13 minutes ago, Satyanwesi said:

Large dds like Khaba and grozo have heal.. darling also has hydro+heal though it doesn't get hurt by massive BB AP pens. Then why z-52 and gearing lacking a heal slot while both of them suffer frm large caliber pens..?

Only Haru and Khaba eat full penetration.

Any other dd will only eat overpen which deal 1/10th of the listed damage. If you let bb land that many hits on you , the problem is you and not the ship.

• Cool 1

48 posts
5,418 battles
6 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

Only Haru and Khaba eat full penetration.

Any other dd will only eat overpen which deal 1/10th of the listed damage. If you let bb land that many hits on you , the problem is you and not the ship.

Yep maybe I play wrong sometimes. But disengaging gets very rough with this ship because of bad maneuverability with large turning circle radius..and plz don't compare z-52 with beasts like haru and khaba..

[REPOI]
5,690 posts
23,925 battles
1 hour ago, Satyanwesi said:

Yep maybe I play wrong sometimes. But disengaging gets very rough with this ship because of bad maneuverability with large turning circle radius..and plz don't compare z-52 with beasts like haru and khaba..

play the ship to it's specialty, if you want to open water and gunboat go grind another line like kahb or haru,  but if you want to use the z52 then you need to learn how to properly PTFO

[-KOPI]
124 posts
6,241 battles
5 hours ago, Satyanwesi said:

This one I have to disagree.

I agree for Z-52 needs a little bit of buff, she will reap lots of fun with a slight enhancement.

But it is not like Z-52 is an underdog. She is an awesome competent DD. I had tons of occasions experiencing knife fight with Harugumo, Kitakaze, Gearing, and YueYang. It is the Yueyang that hardest to fight against. Z-52 is simply excel over Haru and Kita due to the smoke + Hydro, where the opposite is blind and relying on their insane reload barrage of their guns. Z-52 has the complete advantage to land a full 6 guns salvo on target, while [stupid] Haru/Kita commanders insist to blind barrage to the cloud of smoke.

The most close similar characteristic to a Z-52 is the Grozovoi. However, those two have their own signature differences that makes them clearly two different destroyers.  

If you want the buffs, the most eligible domain to address are: her detection range, shell ricochet angle, and AA power. The other characteristics are already on a well balance.

Edit:

Turning Radius: nope, I disagree this to be touched. Z-52 is a big sexy girl. It is weird to give her a tight turning circle.

Rudder shift time: Look at Khaba and Harugumo. Z-52 should be grateful with her current rudder shift.

Guns: I also disagree this to be touched. She is a German DD. She represents the characteristics of German shells: Anemic HE and good penetration AP. If her AP is not good enough to perform penetration, that is a normal common sense. All DDs have small caliber, don't expect any shell to pen a broadsiding Yamato hull. If this has to be touch, it is maybe only the ricochet angle that should be a slightly more "forgiving".

Edited by Robby_Hermanto
Adding more points explained in "Edit" section.

[SH0T]
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
4 minutes ago, Robby_Hermanto said:

If you want the buffs, the most eligible domain to address are: her detection range, reload time, and AA power. The other characteristics is already on a well balance.

I really dont think it needs it. Maybe a minor detection buff but thats it or else it becomes OP like Groz.

[-KOPI]
124 posts
6,241 battles
2 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

I really dont think it needs it. Maybe a minor detection buff but thats it or else it becomes OP like Groz.

She is already like a Groz at the current state... with the proper way of playing of course.

Sometime it is kinda weird seeing people complaining like Z-52 is very incompetent.

[SH0T]
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
28 minutes ago, Robby_Hermanto said:

She is already like a Groz at the current state... with the proper way of playing of course.

Sometime it is kinda weird seeing people complaining like Z-52 is very incompetent.

I guess it may be like the Gearing, its not exactly bad. Its just its been slowly power creeped. Fletcher is a bit the same now as well, no longer the powerhouse it once was. Again, not exactly bad, just a bit meh now especially considering ships like Jutland etc get a heal.

• Cool 1