Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Satyanwesi

A humble request to WG please buff tier X german DD Z-52

49 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
48 posts
5,418 battles

Since harugumos and Darings have potentially overwhelming firepower . Daring has also defensive hydro.. I think Z-52 is a bit weaker due to lack of maneuverability and because of typical armor scheme it also cannot sustain damage taken from large caliber shells. So cap contesting seems suicidal on Z-52.. If WG buff Z-52 a little much it will be atleast competitive against other DDs..

Imo the permissible buffs are as follows:

1. 1/4 Pen

2. Slightly longer smoke duration

3. more torpedo range for Z-23 TO Z-52, +0,5 to   +1,5 km as new radar systems have been implemented to radar cruisers

4.  slightly faster MG reload time (3,2 - 3,5s)

5. Sometimes it feels like if she had a heal like grozo and daring as they share very similar characteristics.

Edit : I do not mean wg should add all these buffs. But if they add at least one buff to this ship it will be competitive.

Edited by Satyanwesi
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,589
[REPOI]
Member
6,127 posts
25,233 battles
5 minutes ago, Satyanwesi said:

Since harugumos and Darings have potentially overwhelming firepower . Daring has also defensive hydro.. I think Z-52 is a bit weaker due to lack of maneuverability and because of typical armor scheme it also cannot sustain damage taken from large caliber shells. So cap contesting seems suicidal on Z-52.. If WG buff Z-52 a little much it will be atleast competitive against other DDs..

Imo the permissible buffs are as follows:

1. 1/4 Pen

2. Slightly longer smoke duration

3. more torpedo range for Z-23 TO Z-52, +0,5 to   +1,5 km as new radar systems have been implemented to radar cruisers

4.  slightly faster MG reload time (3,2 - 3,5s)

how bout no

1. 1/4 penn is not needed if you know how to switch to AP, ap is the breadmaker of KM DDs and you need to learn to use it

2. smoke duration isnt a issue when you can pop your hydro and in thatim time period you can counter any other DD that tries to contest your cap

3. reasonable, but tbh i think that the buff z52 needs is torp reload time, the torp range is fine and the z46 is a good torpboat even at T9 because of that

4.you get cap wide hydro+smoke, you dont need the ability to gun down DDs that dont have half of that 

  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
48 posts
5,418 battles
7 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

z46 is a good torpboat even at T9 because of that

Z-46 has a A-XY turret layout which is massively advantageous when kiting as a torpedoboat.. z-46 is in way more advantageous state than z-52 only bcz of turret layout..

Edited by Satyanwesi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,589
[REPOI]
Member
6,127 posts
25,233 battles
1 minute ago, Satyanwesi said:

Z-46 has a A-XY turret layout which is massively advantageous when kiting as a torpedoboat.. z-46 is in way more advantageous state than z-52 only bcz of turret layout..

what does the gun layout have anything to do with torpboating, you launch torps undetected and you gunfight when you need to, which as a german DD means near islands, under smoke with hydro on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
48 posts
5,418 battles
Just now, drakon233 said:

what does the gun layout have anything to do with torpboating, you launch torps undetected and you gunfight when you need to, which as a german DD means near islands, under smoke with hydro on

But the thing is how to contest caps and and exploit offensive hydro with typical armor and clumsy rudder shift and slow speed gain..evading shells is a challange and painful thing..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,589
[REPOI]
Member
6,127 posts
25,233 battles
Just now, Satyanwesi said:

But the thing is how to contest caps and and exploit offensive hydro with typical armor and clumsy rudder shift and slow speed gain..evading shells is a challange and painful thing..

island+smoke+hydro, you shouldnt be evading shells, or rather you shouldnt be in a situation where you are under fire idealy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
48 posts
5,418 battles
4 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

island+smoke+hydro.

Shell arcs are in a flatter side. So cannot shoot dds by myself.. and most of the times ally cruisers does not shoot dds that spotted by my hydro..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
912
[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,212 posts
10,491 battles

Z-52 could definitely use a buff.  Not a massive one though, since it was buffed by the BB AP change and it has very good AA.

I would suggest a heal is the best idea, also torp range increase, and a concealment buff are other options.  Perhaps two of these would be okay, all three would be OP.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,196
Member
4,360 posts
8,333 battles
2 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

*waiting for resident KM ship nut @Paladinum to put in their two-bobs worth*

1/4 HE pen like their cruisers and BBs and 12km torps, that's all.

 

Maass: Torpedo B range to 9km

Z-23: A: 9 km; B: 10 km

Z-46: A: 10 km, B: 10,5 km

Z-52: A: 10,5 km, B: 12 km

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
492
[LBAS]
Member
1,530 posts

as shimakaze captain, I disagree.

Z-52 is insanely strong and don't need any buff. combination of smoke and hydro, it can kill any DD they came in contact with and Dodge every torpedo.

as shimakaze captain, Z-52 scared the shit outta me.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
83
[-KOPI]
Member
183 posts
7,063 battles

Uhm ok she will be better to have a little bit of buff.

I Have nothing against the idea to disagree.

2 hours ago, drakon233 said:

how bout no

1. 1/4 penn is not needed if you know how to switch to AP, ap is the breadmaker of KM DDs and you need to learn to use it

I understand that Z-52 has good AP. However the AP quality is still far from being enough. It doesn't penetrate BB hulls (which it is suppose to be like that, the same as like all other DDs AP) and it fails to penetrate angling ships (included against other DDs). The good point of using her AP are only at broadsiding cruisers (which that will be a situation between life and death on the last grasp), and BBs superstructure at distance (which all DDs can do that). So if we would like to say Z-52's AP is real good, then there should be a strong reason compared to other DDs.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,589
[REPOI]
Member
6,127 posts
25,233 battles
29 minutes ago, Robby_Hermanto said:

Uhm ok she will be better to have a little bit of buff.

I Have nothing against the idea to disagree.

I understand that Z-52 has good AP. However the AP quality is still far from being enough. It doesn't penetrate BB hulls (which it is suppose to be like that, the same as like all other DDs AP) and it fails to penetrate angling ships (included against other DDs). The good point of using her AP are only at broadsiding cruisers (which that will be a situation between life and death on the last grasp), and BBs superstructure at distance (which all DDs can do that). So if we would like to say Z-52's AP is real good, then there should be a strong reason compared to other DDs.

the AP is extreamly powerful against DDs that needs to turn and run away from you, the issue with KMDD HE isnt the penn, it's the crap HE alpha and fire chance, which is by design, WG gave a ship almost every single skill that would make z52 the penultimate DD killer, and balanced it through giving it sub-par armaments. it was designed around the crutch that is it's smoke and hydro combo

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,589
[REPOI]
Member
6,127 posts
25,233 battles
1 minute ago, CAPTAIN_RAJAN_KHANNA said:

She deserves lil bit buff atleast

she's like the montana, she seems subpar because she can do everything but has some form of a issue holding it back, as soon as you change that the ship goes from subpar to OP, remember how they changed the Hindenburg HE pen and the damage went through the roof, and how moskva got the 50mm bow/deck and went from a bratwurst to a stalinium 460 bouncing shield of the union?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
16 posts
13,496 battles
1 minute ago, drakon233 said:

she's like the montana, she seems subpar because she can do everything but has some form of a issue holding it back, as soon as you change that the ship goes from subpar to OP, remember how they changed the Hindenburg HE pen and the damage went through the roof, and how moskva got the 50mm bow/deck and went from a bratwurst to a stalinium 460 bouncing shield of the union?

 

See after haru and daring came they are so powerful so yeah z52 need lil love thats all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
16 posts
13,496 battles
3 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

If Z52 gets a buff then Gearing better get some love as well!

 

Agreed no issues with that haru and daring is extremely stupid yy also need some love they nerf her so bad

Edited by CAPTAIN_RAJAN_KHANNA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,196
Member
4,360 posts
8,333 battles
4 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

If Z52 gets a buff then Gearing better get some love as well!

I'm not against this actually.

Ever since the introduction of Harugumo and Daring, the amount of Z-52, Groz and Gearing I've seen in battles has gone down noticeably.

 

2 minutes ago, CAPTAIN_RAJAN_KHANNA said:

yy also need some love theu nerf is so bad

I can tell you the latest YY nerfs are stupid. WG said that because the ship has radar, they nerfed torpedo and gun reload time.

The torpedo nerf was over done (I can agree with 10s at most, but they added 20s to reload time) and the gun nerf was completely wrong.

Edited by Paladinum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,589
[REPOI]
Member
6,127 posts
25,233 battles
Just now, CAPTAIN_RAJAN_KHANNA said:

See after haru and daring came they are so powerful so yeah z52 need lil love thats all

they are powerful but in very specialized ways, haru as a big ship killer in the sense of khbba, and darling traded all offensive capability against larger ships for a very specialized role as a cqc fighter against DDs

 

z52 has slightly subpar armaments agsint both capital ships and DDs but the fact that she's such a hybrid DD that can do both roles very well makes her perfectly balanced

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,589
[REPOI]
Member
6,127 posts
25,233 battles
3 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I'm not against this actually.

Ever since the introduction of Harugumo and Daring, the amount of Z-52, Groz and Gearing I've seen in battles has gone down noticeably.

 

I can tell you the latest YY nerfs are stupid. WG said that because the ship has radar, they nerfed torpedo and gun reload time.

The torpedo nerf was over done (10s at most, they added 20s to reload time) and the gun nerf was completely wrong.

"33 percent DPM is a slight nerf, will not effect the ship that much"

10/10 WG

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
48 posts
5,418 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

1/4 HE pen like their cruisers and BBs and 12km torps, that's all.

 

Maass: Torpedo B range to 9km

Z-23: A: 9 km; B: 10 km

Z-46: A: 10 km, B: 10,5 km

Z-52: A: 10,5 km, B: 12 km

Yes I agree with you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
8 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

they are powerful but in very specialized ways, haru as a big ship killer in the sense of khbba, and darling traded all offensive capability against larger ships for a very specialized role as a cqc fighter against DDs

 

z52 has slightly subpar armaments agsint both capital ships and DDs but the fact that she's such a hybrid DD that can do both roles very well makes her perfectly balanced

TBH im not sure why they thought Daring even needed a heal. Gearing needs a heal more than Daring given that its a much bigger target, slower turning and has fewer smokes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,589
[REPOI]
Member
6,127 posts
25,233 battles
4 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

TBH im not sure why they thought Daring even needed a heal. Gearing needs a heal more than Daring given that its a much bigger target, slower turning and has fewer smokes.

because there is nothing else a darling can do apart from hunt DDs, gearing can double as a AA ship or torpboat or even as a long ass smoke screen

 

thing of it as a nodachi against a Swiss army knife, one is really, really, really good at it's intended job, i.e killing people, and the other *can kill people, but also comes with a metric shitton of utility 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,196
Member
4,360 posts
8,333 battles
4 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

TBH im not sure why they thought Daring even needed a heal. Gearing needs a heal more than Daring given that its a much bigger target, slower turning and has fewer smokes.

I would like to see Commonwealth DDs have Speed Boost instead of the stupid Heal. 

 

I was chased by a HIV in a Daring in the PTS before RN DD release.

It was both horrible and hilarious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×