You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Aussie_Tigershark

My Clan has dissappeared. What happened?

51 comments in this topic

[TF44]
369 posts
3,688 battles

Hi All,

Just went into game to do some house keeping and found my clan has dissapeared. Does anyone have any info? And where do I find out what happened?

Thanks. 

Alex B_T23

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

[TF44]
106 posts
10,049 battles

I was the deputy in the 'disappeared' clan. 

The record now shows that the clan's name has been changed and the previous leader has changed his name and is now the ONLY member of the clan (i.e., it appears he has used us all to grind his port for him, then booted us). 

I've looked to submit a ticket but there's no ticket option for anything to do with clans. i.e., I'd guess that WG keeps it's hands 'clean' in regards to clans. Unfortunately though this is an outcome of there being no protection for players against this happening. To be fair, I'm not sure how the system could protect against it, but having had it occur so boldly, it would certainly be 'kind' if WG were to take an interest.

I was the 4th member invited into the clan and have spent ~1.5 years grinding oil for it (I was the second highest oil provider). 

Not a class thing to do, dear former leader... (who I of course can't name, nor identify the new clan name, or WG will THEN take action by punishing me for a 'rules violation'; oh the humanity...).

Is there a moderator anyone know who we might be able to talk to? The record clearly shows what has happened. We should we all lose our hard earned clan perks so that one selfish person can exploit the game's settings???

:fish_viking:

Edited by Farlesquew
  • Cool 3

[CLAY]
1,913 posts
10,342 battles

@Farlesquew

If that is indeed what happened, it is abuse of players and definitely non sporting. But unless there is anything in the terms and conditions to prevent it, I doubt there is much that can be done.

Have you been able to get in contact with the old leader? Did they have anything to say for themselves?

That said, try to put in a ticket or contact a Moderator directly, this sort of behaviour should not be tolerated, and even if there’s no recourse, WG should have steps in place to prevent it.

• Cool 4

[TF44]
106 posts
10,049 battles
1 minute ago, Grygus_Triss said:

@Farlesquew

If that is indeed what happened, it is abuse of players and definitely non sporting. But unless there is anything in the terms and conditions to prevent it, I doubt there is much that can be done.

Have you been able to get in contact with the old leader? Did they have anything to say for themselves?

That said, try to put in a ticket or contact a Moderator directly, this sort of behaviour should not be tolerated, and even if there’s no recourse, WG should have steps in place to prevent it.

Thanks Grygus.

The old leader is thus far ignoring direct in-game messages and a person email.

Is there a moderator you'd recommend? I'm not up on their names or where to find them?

[TDA]
Super Tester
5,190 posts
6,197 battles
7 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

http://legal.asia.wargaming.net/en/clan-rules-wows-en/

clan ELUA, try to find clauses that support you

Those are old rules.   Follow the link to the new ones and I think he is out of luck.

Commanders can and do pump up their ports then give everyone the arse.   WG wont get involved in the internal politics of a clan.

@Bengal_Tiger23 @Farlesquew

7. Clan Management

7.01. Administration does not bear responsibility for any inner-clan management actions.
Clan leaders are heeded to take care when selecting clan members (especially whilst assigning clan members to important roles such as the Deputy Commanders & Treasurers). Wargaming will not and does not get involved with internal clan politics. If a User who has been given access to withdraw doubloons then withdraws doubloons from the clan, or a player who has been given access to remove players then removes players from the clan. this is normal clan operations and will not be investigated by Wargaming.

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat
  • Cool 2

[REPOI]
5,563 posts
23,103 battles
Just now, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Those are old rules.   Follow the link to the new ones and I think he is out of luck.

Commanders can and do pump up their ports then give everyone the arse.   WG wont get involved in the internal politics of a clan.

fair nuff, clan politics is enough of a cesspool without WG's involvement

[CLAY]
1,913 posts
10,342 battles
5 minutes ago, Farlesquew said:

Thanks Grygus.

The old leader is thus far ignoring direct in-game messages and a person email.

Is there a moderator you'd recommend? I'm not up on their names or where to find them?

General topic on how to get a hold of mods here: 

Complete staff list here: https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/staff/

As for which moderators... HuginnKR might be best, as they’re actually WG staff.

Probably still better putting in a request, that will help ensure a response (just pick the most general topic, port UI? they’ll work it out).

I don’t think you’ll get much out of it, but it’s still worth asking the question. @drakon233 has a good idea though.

• Cool 1

[TF44]
106 posts
10,049 battles

I found the rules as I was trying to roll a new clan (at my expense, then re-invite everyone and do the grind afresh). 

Not easy, as we'd start at 30 members (so some would miss out), and then because I've 'left a clan recently' the engine won't let me roll a clan until the 31st of March (3 days away). 

So now I've got to message everyone to explain what our leader did and apologize, oh fun. 

17 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I don’t think you’ll get much out of it, but it’s still worth asking the question. @drakon233 has a good idea though.

Thanks for the contacts Grygus. Is the @drakon233 idea that you refer to the comment that 'clan politics is enough of a cesspool without WG's involvement'? Fair enough. I was a clan leader in WoTBlitz for ~2 years, and had quietly hoped I'd left this kind of behaviour behind. C'est la vie, I guess.

Edit addition: I've messaged HuginnKR, per your suggestion (thanks).

Edited by Farlesquew

[REPOI]
5,563 posts
23,103 battles
10 minutes ago, Farlesquew said:

I found the rules as I was trying to roll a new clan (at my expense, then re-invite everyone and do the grind afresh). 

Not easy, as we'd start at 30 members (so some would miss out), and then because I've 'left a clan recently' the engine won't let me roll a clan until the 31st of March (3 days away). 

So now I've got to message everyone to explain what our leader did and apologize, oh fun. 

Thanks for the contacts Grygus. Is the @drakon233 idea that you refer to the comment that 'clan politics is enough of a cesspool without WG's involvement'? Fair enough. I was a clan leader in WoTBlitz for ~2 years, and had quietly hoped I'd left this kind of behaviour behind. C'est la vie, I guess.

*shrug*

the clan i built was one of the top 3 in asia at one point and it broke apart from squabbles internally, clan politics are bullshit through and through

• Cool 5

[TF44]
369 posts
3,688 battles

Okay Guys. I've been talking with Farley and I will be doing my best to help out setting up his new clan. (Lol. working for a boss again. huh. Seem's its my lot in life.)

In the meentime, I'll just keep playing. Although strickly speeking I'm still on leave. Lol.

Cheer's and thanks for all the reply's. :cap_like:

Alex B_T23

Comanding Officer

Tiger Force

HMAS Perth Flag

• Cool 1

[SIF]
[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,680 posts

War gaming will not interfere with a clans Commanders decision, Clan management is up to the CO, and they can do what ever they like with the clan. 

WG have always done it this way.

bedt bet is to create your own clan, try to recruit those that got kicked, and hopefully you can build your port back up.

• Cool 4

[TF44]
369 posts
3,688 battles
26 minutes ago, lengxv6 said:

War gaming will not interfere with a clans Commanders decision, Clan management is up to the CO, and they can do what ever they like with the clan. 

bedt bet is to create your own clan, try to recruit those that got kicked, and hopefully you can build your port back up.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. It is very much appreciated. :cap_like:

Alex B_T23

[TF44]
106 posts
10,049 battles
29 minutes ago, lengxv6 said:

Nice to hear from a Moderator, thank you. 

It's somewhat unfortunate as WG will benefit from the 1,000 gold we'll have to pay to reform the clan, plus some previous members will be disenfranchised (left out) because we'll be re-starting from scratch (i.e., only 30 members, not our previous 45-of-50). But I can certainly understand why WG doesn't want to get itself entangled in the viscera of clans. 

• Cool 1

[TF44]
106 posts
10,049 battles
8 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

Ahem... /cough /cough /wink /wink (yep). All the details (including that everyone 'left') are included in the relevant asia.wows-numbers.com record. It's absolutely clear what has happened.

I was the clan's only deputy and I was told nothing. I just happened to be in-game at the time of 'the act' and had noticed the IGN that I didn't recognise (I initially assumed it was a new member). It turned out to be the new IGN of our leader, who was evidently in the process of booting all members with no message to anyone. 

Hopefully he doesn't treat everyone he meets in life this way, or the karma is really going to bite one day. C'est la vie.

Edited by Farlesquew
  • Cool 2

[LBAS]
Modder
5,867 posts
35,234 battles
4 minutes ago, Farlesquew said:

Hopefully he doesn't treat everyone he meets in life this way, or the karma is really going to bite one day. C'est la vie. 

Need doctor Pepper :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[PATEN]
Video Contributor, Clantest Coordinator
2,553 posts
12,688 battles

You have been kicked from clan

Ofc others too

[LNA]
1,991 posts
12,560 battles

I highly suspect that the account was compromised/stolen and then sold to a third party or in the palm of a different douchebag that is not the original owner when he give it away or he lost interest in the game and no longer log in himself.

Anyway , you can use the plausible angle of a compromised account to back up your claim and return it to its former state.

WG prohibit selling /buying of accounts but allow sharing.

Jumping to conclusion so fast is scary in its own right.

• Cool 3

[TF44]
106 posts
10,049 battles
1 minute ago, legionary2099 said:

I highly suspect that the account was compromised/stolen and then sold to a third party or in the palm of a different douchebag that is not the original owner when he give it away or he lost interest in the game and no longer log in himself.

Anyway , you can use the plausible angle of a compromised account to back up your claim and return it to its former state.

WG prohibit selling /buying of accounts but allow sharing.

Jumping to conclusion so fast is scary in its own right.

Well, I know the guy's stats, and it's clearly still him (or at least his account). So if the 'former leader' has 'sold' the clan, the new owner is either intending to roll on with the account or is yet to bring in his/her own account. Meh, we move on. 

• Cool 1

[HMAS_]
2,005 posts
13,972 battles

I don't even see any benefit of such an act, unless everyone cracked it with each other... Getting the clan up to big levels & suddenly kick everyone doesn't make any sense, & would definitely honk everyone off.....

Ordrazz

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
1,913 posts
10,342 battles
2 hours ago, Farlesquew said:

The drakon idea was to check the clan policy, to see if there was anything there to support you.

Some already have, and unfortunately, WG takes no responsibility for internal actions of Clans and Clan leaders.

@lengxv6 has now confirmed this.

WG are probably right to keep out of clan politics. Though it is a pity, as it really is very poor behaviour, and very unfair to players

If I could donate oil or credits to help you back on your feet, I would.

• Cool 1

[TF44]
106 posts
10,049 battles
6 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

I don't even see any benefit of such an act, unless everyone cracked it with each other... Getting the clan up to big levels & suddenly kick everyone doesn't make any sense, & would definitely honk everyone off.....

Ordrazz

There was actually very little internal clan activity, largely due to the lack of a shared language. It was largely solo players who benefited from the oil perks, that's all. 

I managed to get some into a Clan Battle only once. The leader never even tried (to my knowledge). 

So, definitely no problems I know of. It looks like a simply, selfish act to get us to grind his oil and then keep it for himself. Truly odd and unnecessary behaviour. 

Of course, the guy may be having a personal life crisis and we just got caught up in the aftermath - that's always a possibility - in which case I wish him health.

[TF44]
106 posts
10,049 battles
3 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

The drakon idea was to check the clan policy, to see if there was anything there to support you.

Some already have, and unfortunately, WG takes no responsibility for internal actions of Clans and Clan leaders.

@lengxv6 has now confirmed this.

WG are probably right to keep out of clan politics. Though it is a pity, as it really is very poor behaviour, and very unfair to players

If I could donate oil or credits to help you back on your feet, I would.

Thanks Grygus :cap_like:. I've already had an offer by another clan to take some of us as refugees if we don't re-boot; and there's a gift offer from a saint to help with the clan establishment price. Stuff to consider.

So, despite the bitter taste of the previous leader's actions, the outcome is actually bringing some very positive community aspect to the fore :cat_cool:

• Cool 3