Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

Shiratsuyu OP?

9 comments in this topic

[BLESS]
849 posts
8,357 battles

68 Shiratsuyu games got me from Hatsuharu to Akizuki. The stats are in:

shiratsuyu.thumb.png.137bca87be489e51dbff02e21b14b5a5.png

Will WG hit this ship with the nerfhammer? Because I can't be the only one posting these kinds of numbers. Which would be unfortunate:  Shiratsuyu is a pretty great ship.

(Fubuki and Minekaze were some of the first ships I played, back when I was a complete scrub. Ignore.)

Considering Shiratsuyu as 90% of a Kagero and considering that Kagero can more than hold her own in T10 games (I have a 68% WR in Kagero to prove it) and you have to conclude that Shiratsuyu in T5-7 MM is more than a bit OP. Specifically, TRB is OP. Load up on premium TRB consumable, SI, reload buffs, Shira is dropping 8 torps every couple of minutes, and spreads of 16 fish four times a match. It doesn't take a whole lot of skill to convert that into a victory, even before you add the spotting damage and some reasonably potent gunnery into the mix.

[CLAY]
1,913 posts
10,342 battles

If you think that’s OP, just think about when she should mount TRB AND Smoke at the same time?

Honestly, I wouldn’t have though she was that OP, she’s see her share of radar ships, and if you’re running TRB, you risk getting spotted while capping due to lack of smoke. And while her guns are workable, there’s still a lot of better gun DDs out there.

And IMO, how well you do with torpedo spams is more dependent on the enemy, not your skill.

[BLESS]
849 posts
8,357 battles
4 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

If you think that’s OP, just think about when she should mount TRB AND Smoke at the same time?

Are you referring to an old version of the ship? My memory doesn't go that far back. I started playing WoWS just after the IJN DD line split iirc.

453 posts
9,669 battles

She is fun ship to play, and very well balanced since buff to 127mm ijn guns. If you want to know what is op, then try the next 2 in the line.

Akizuki and kitakaze are the real deal.

[CLAY]
1,913 posts
10,342 battles
2 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

Are you referring to an old version of the ship? My memory doesn't go that far back. I started playing WoWS just after the IJN DD line split iirc.

The IJN split happened before I started In November 2016. I believe that was when Shiratsuyu was first introduced, as the ‘gun’ alternative to Akatsuki.

When it was introduced, it had a torpedo reload booster, and smoke, both mounted at once, like the Akizuki. This meant it could launch 16 torpedos, smoke up and start shooting.

Around June-July 2017, After many people complaining about how OP the ship was, mainly due to the torps making it a T7 Shimakaze. WG nerfed it by putting smoke and TRB in the same slot, so you had to choose one or the other.

This obviously didn’t stop the torpedo spam, but it controlled it, as a lot of players preferred the safety of smoke over the rush of 16 torps.

One could still argue that with 16 torps it is still op, but it gives up a lot of survivability, ability to be aggressive, and arguably, the ability to cap. Especially when CVs are involved, TRB Shiratsuyu has nowhere to hide.

That said, it’s still fun to play.

[SH0T]
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
1 hour ago, sunlo2013 said:

She is fun ship to play, and very well balanced since buff to 127mm ijn guns. If you want to know what is op, then try the next 2 in the line.

Akizuki and kitakaze are the real deal.

Agreed, Kitikaze is beyond OP.

[CLAY]
1,913 posts
10,342 battles
2 hours ago, Gummilicious said:

it is poitastic ship, i poi-ing love the poi 

Looking poiward to Yuudachi then poi?

Sign in to follow this