Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PT_92NZ

Old Islands of Ice

28 comments in this topic

[RSM]
35 posts
4,939 battles

Who's keen to play the old islands of ice map again???

Islands of Ice.jpg

Edited by PT_92NZ
  • Cool 3

[ULAG]
905 posts
8,975 battles

This is not even the actual "old" one...it is mayb the 2nd or 3rd version...the very first one that existed during beta was a far superior map than any other map in this game has ever been

• Cool 2

[LBAS]
Modder
5,910 posts
35,385 battles
2 minutes ago, Darkworld_2015 said:

anyone has the map for the first version? 

stole from NA

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/167793-the-evolution-of-islands-of-ice/

On 8/21/2018 at 3:07 AM, Admiral_Reeves said:

New one:

new.thumb.jpg.eaf405499232be820521c36c7de360da.jpg

current one (Obviously):

old.thumb.jpg.4ed1953f52ade38d42f310ad70d7acac.jpg

older version:

Older.jpg.cf6cc9b48a9124446292e0f0a322aff8.jpg

and the Oldest one:

Oldest.jpg.8ddb0c0f2c8de031c642405b314a7536.jpg

witch one is the best in your Opinion?

from ASIA

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/content/guides/maps-islands-of-ice/

Edited by MatterCore
  • Cool 1

[TWR]
1,266 posts
4,759 battles
15 hours ago, MatterCore said:

We need the first and second iterations back,the current one is dead set boring!

• Cool 2

[LBAS]
Modder
5,910 posts
35,385 battles
37 minutes ago, BanditSE1977 said:

We need the first and second iterations back,the current one is dead set boring!

best map for Kitakami :Smile_trollface:

ss.jpg

just found, wish the game work like that, Secondary does AA, Cruiser rams iceberg :cap_rambo:

Edited by MatterCore
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[RSM]
35 posts
4,939 battles

I never got a chance to play the first one but definitely looks like a fun map, who reckons they should bring them back as separate maps?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[LBAS]
Modder
5,910 posts
35,385 battles
1 hour ago, PT_92NZ said:

I never got a chance to play the first one but definitely looks like a fun map, who reckons they should bring them back as separate maps?

1st version 2015-2016

• Cool 1

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,077 posts
9,431 battles

Second version was the best, I used to really enjoy playing on that map.  Current version is the worst though.

• Cool 3

[SIF]
[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,680 posts

first version was a pain down south, you kept hitting the islands when your ship was trying to manouvre, the second version is my favorite, the island south are separated enough to allow for direct DD on DD action, the northern area allow great game play for bigger ships. CV's had to scout the south islands in both version, DD's could easily sneak on through an ruin your day.

Haven't played the current or new one - they do look boring as hell though, nothing unique in either for gameplay

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
3,808 posts
9,093 battles

Just only end tier can enter this map 7-8-9-10 

[RSM]
35 posts
4,939 battles
On 3/27/2019 at 6:04 PM, BanditSE1977 said:

Fully agree, for me the new map doesn't offer that great an experience in gameplay, I think its too similar to other maps too

• Cool 1

[TWR]
1,266 posts
4,759 battles
18 hours ago, lengxv6 said:

first version was a pain down south, you kept hitting the islands when your ship was trying to manouvre, the second version is my favorite, the island south are separated enough to allow for direct DD on DD action, the northern area allow great game play for bigger ships. CV's had to scout the south islands in both version, DD's could easily sneak on through an ruin your day.

Haven't played the current or new one - they do look boring as hell though, nothing unique in either for gameplay

The current one as shown above ( previous version ) was ok.It had a few big islands which broke it up a bit.

The newest one just seems to be a typical newer map by WG,where the layouts are all very similar and too symmetrical ( which WG seems to be doing to existing maps as well ).

• Cool 2

3,698 posts
7,465 battles

The current state of maps in WoWS:

So many maps have the same layout.

Big islands in one cap, small islands in another cap, open water in the middle.

Ocean best map.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 2

[POI]
961 posts
9,671 battles
21 hours ago, lengxv6 said:

I remember I used to sail my CA to the south though, playing hide and seek in that cluster of island (which CA? Hipper!! Yeah stock hull bad rudder ruined my day initially)

• Cool 1

[SH0T]
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
41 minutes ago, GOMBEE8626 said:

How nostalgic...! 🤩😮😳

Thank you for the opinions, commanders! 

If you want some more opinions go read some CV threads and pass it on to the devs!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TLS]
3,074 posts
18,492 battles
5 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Ocean best map.

Definately. That should be only map.

The very first map I actually would see again. Very DD/CA centric map. And like someone said, easy to ram into islands if not paying attention. Good for situational awareness. Second version is first with open channel for manuevers. Third is what I know. Latest one is meh. "Rotated to be consistent" lousy excuse. If you are a good player/know how to play even decently, changing rotation should not be a problem.

Right now, WG is changing all the maps to near mirror images. Lazy and boring IMHO. Means if you know how to play one side, you don't need to learn how to play the other. The third version was "annoying" because of Lemming Trains(tm) to top cap when it is i) the most difficult cap to contest and keep and ii) very limited opportunities. People went there because you could not get hit because they can't see you but do not understand the concept "they can't see and shoot but you can't as well".

• Cool 3

[SH0T]
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Right now, WG is changing all the maps to near mirror images. Lazy and boring IMHO. Means if you know how to play one side, you don't need to learn how to play the other.

The maps need to be this way so its fair no matter what spawn you get. No other game ive ever seen has non symmetrical maps like this one does, especially for comp play.

Some maps had advantages around the cap area's depending on the spawn you got.

Edited by dieselhead
  • Cool 1

[RSM]
35 posts
4,939 battles

Plz Plz Plz Wargaming, can we have some old maps back 😄

What other maps would you like to see reverted back to an older version?

• Cool 1

[TWR]
1,266 posts
4,759 battles
6 hours ago, PT_92NZ said:

Plz Plz Plz Wargaming, can we have some old maps back 😄

What other maps would you like to see reverted back to an older version?

Two Brothers,Shards,Land of Fire,North and Big Race.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this