You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yansuki

hit hard hit fast task

13 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,382 posts
7,238 battles

why is the task shooting of down 150 planes are still locked to CV, when CV hardly shootdown planes. it was mostly Surface ship who are the one shooting down planes?

so basically WG made this rework without updating some task on commander quest line. BRAVO WG 

task.png

1,325 posts
11,993 battles

Because WG is smart and they think through everything... It is just an example of things really...

[LBAS]
1,464 posts

just aim your rocket/bomb at enemy CV to destroy their plane that readying on the deck, BOOM! whole squad gone.

... wait... that could work...

make plane on CV deck destructible to delay/cripple their squad....

:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[LNA]
1,991 posts
12,560 battles
1 hour ago, yansuki said:

why is the task shooting of down 150 planes are still locked to CV, when CV hardly shootdown planes. it was mostly Surface ship who are the one shooting down planes?

so basically WG made this rework without updating some task on commander quest line. BRAVO WG 

task.png

Pick midway and park near the front , 100% plane magnet. Juat be smart and park where you can avoid bb shelling , but juicy enough for madman reddies plane to come over.

I have had games where midway shot down like 40 - 50 planes from being near the front.

American AA is no joke , put the flag on and it will clean most planes in 1 - 2 passes.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,382 posts
7,238 battles
1 minute ago, legionary2099 said:

Pick midway and park near the front , 100% plane magnet. Juat be smart and park where you can avoid bb shelling , but juicy enough for madman reddies plane to come over.

I have had games where midway shot down like 40 - 50 planes from being near the front.

American AA is no joke , put the flag on and it will clean most planes in 1 - 2 passes.

i dont have midway. i only have houshou, and tier IV and VI RN CV.

[NFB]
1,262 posts
11,788 battles
4 hours ago, yansuki said:

i dont have midway. i only have houshou, and tier IV and VI RN CV.

Many things could be said about WG’s CV revamp. And is being said on other threads.

Read the mission you posted. You need T8 to T10 carriers for this missing. This means you cannot do that mission with your T4/T6 carriers anyway.

Beta Tester
2,382 posts
7,238 battles
9 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Many things could be said about WG’s CV revamp. And is being said on other threads.

Read the mission you posted. You need T8 to T10 carriers for this missing. This means you cannot do that mission with your T4/T6 carriers anyway.

i know i needed t8 and 10 cv. does not change the fact that CV has no direct way of shooting down planes aside from its AA. fighter consumable are questionable at best.

[NFB]
1,262 posts
11,788 battles
On 3/26/2019 at 6:08 PM, yansuki said:

i know i needed t8 and 10 cv. does not change the fact that CV has no direct way of shooting down planes aside from its AA. fighter consumable are questionable at best.

I could now ask, what's wrong shooting down planes with AA? But I don't think I will bother.

[INRC]
113 posts
5,618 battles
On 3/25/2019 at 8:33 PM, yansuki said:

task.png

First reset your commander to get BFT and AFT, use all AA modules, and then....

Shout at global chat your square coordinate. The rest you just need to use your planes to bitching around DDs who trying to reach you.

Edited by Robby_Hermanto
I got plenty Clear Sky achievement with that. It also luring potatoes who wants yolo to get a CV kill.

Beta Tester
2,382 posts
7,238 battles
2 hours ago, Robby_Hermanto said:

First reset your commander to get BFT and AFT, use all AA modules, and then....

Shout at global chat your square coordinate. The rest you just need to use your planes to bitching around DDs who trying to reach you. 50 planes per games is easy with BB.

fastest is still BB because they naturally attracts planes, then cruiser. this quest is for old CV with active fighter that can chase and shoot planes all over the map.

[FORCE]
1,029 posts
10,066 battles

Or just play DD & hope you last long enough against the relentless airstrikes. Akizuki & Benson are good choices as Midway & Hakuryu will always pick on lowest tier DDs.

3,656 posts
7,447 battles
24 minutes ago, yansuki said:

fastest is still BB because they naturally attracts planes, then cruiser. this quest is for old CV with active fighter that can chase and shoot planes all over the map.

Something that the old system wins over the new ones.

The new "summonable" fighters (not catapult-fighters) are just really terribad spotter planes.