Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Grygus_Triss

This will be Interesting...

19 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
1,962 posts
10,416 battles

French Destroyers announced.

Based on the Le Terrible. No smoke, high speed, main battery reload, 20% speed boost, second worst concealment.

Basically a super fast light cruiser with no citadel.

Spoiler

And yet another light cruiser who can't go after objectives taking up a DD slot.

[TLS]
3,082 posts
18,494 battles
47 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

French Destroyers announced.

Based on the Le Terrible. No smoke, high speed, main battery reload, 20% speed boost, second worst concealment.

Basically a super fast light cruiser with no citadel.

Reveal hidden contents

And yet another light cruiser who can't go after objectives taking up a DD slot.

This is a le terrible announcement! *whack* *WHACK* *bad pun!*

Edited by dejiko_nyo
  • Funny 1

3,718 posts
7,483 battles
29 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Hide contents

+ 999999

I mean I'll still grind them (most likely T7 top, but DDs with two-gun turrets are cool) for the virtue of being a non-CV (maybe also non-BB), non-Russian line.

3,718 posts
7,483 battles
35 minutes ago, HMAS_Currimundi said:

Vive le Republic

end the repub.jpg

[TDA]
Super Tester
5,214 posts
6,291 battles

Yup.  I assume everyone has noticed how unpopular the Le terribad is.   This line seems to mirror it

[BLESS]
859 posts
8,423 battles
20 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Yup.  I assume everyone has noticed how unpopular the Le terribad is.   This line seems to mirror it

You said "unpopular" rather than "bad". Perhaps when people become more familiar with the line and have a chance to play at lower, more forgiving tiers we might see an uptick in popularity.

I have not played Le Terrible, so I'm going off the CC community here, but the consensus was that the combination of high speed, no smoke, but only so-so torpedoes was exceptionally difficult to make pay. Still WG did a good job with the RN DD line, so I'm expecting the French boats will be at least interesting.

My own opinion is that with the way the game works fundamentally, there is a ton of difference between "slow" and "fast" ships, but not as much practical difference between "fast" and "superfast" as WG seems to think there is.

[TDA]
Super Tester
5,214 posts
6,291 battles
16 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

You said "unpopular" rather than "bad". Perhaps when people become more familiar with the line and have a chance to play at lower, more forgiving tiers we might see an uptick in popularity.

OK.  Ill just come out and say its bad.  The lack of smoke makes your speed thee only option to escape and that's not enough.

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
1,605 posts
16,162 battles

CV will love the French DDs as they cant hide any where so well done WG 

3,718 posts
7,483 battles
2 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

The lack of smoke makes your speed the only option to escape and that's not enough.

They SAW and KNEW that fact with Le Terrible and yet they decided to make a whole line mimicking that ship.

At least the later tier Russian DDs have Heal.

[TLS]
3,082 posts
18,494 battles
3 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

They SAW and KNEW that fact with Le Terrible and yet they decided to make a whole line mimicking that ship.

At least the later tier Russian DDs have Heal.

I will stop making le terrible jokes after this one. Maybe they already forsaw le terrible idea from the start.

Maybe. *whack* *whack*

[TDA]
Super Tester
5,214 posts
6,291 battles

Maybe the grand plan was to cause such a storm with the CV rework that the community will look on the FRDD line as "not as bad as the CV changes".  

3,718 posts
7,483 battles
14 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Maybe the grand plan was to cause such a storm with the CV rework that the community will look on the FRDD line as "not as bad as the CV changes".  

That is how one makes himself worse and worse everyday. Keeps lowering the bar until you can't go through it while lying 101% flat.

[ULAG]
905 posts
8,991 battles
2 hours ago, Paladinum said:

That is how one makes himself worse and worse everyday. Keeps lowering the bar until you can't go through it while lying 101% flat.

And while increasing the bar for Russian content...upcoming RU BBs for example. Eventually, the meta will be Soviet ship or bust. Just like it is now with OP soviet mediums in WoT:cap_haloween:

[TDA]
Super Tester
5,214 posts
6,291 battles

Lol.   No doubt this is WIP and stats aren't final but there will be a limited few players that will be able to play these ships to their full potential. 

d5qpxwj6zho21.jpg

[HMAS_]
2,007 posts
14,034 battles

Well, if there is going to be a Le Fantasque, & we already have a Le Terrible, are we going to also have a Le Average (or Le Generale) ?

:cat_paw:

Ordrazz

• Funny 3

[CLAY]
1,962 posts
10,416 battles

I suspect, that once balanced, and once people get used to their play style (assuming WG don’t cut their losses and whack smoke on it), they will be effective long range harassers, depending on how well their speed and maneuverbility can be used to mitigate damage. They will, however, only be effective if played as high speed light cruisers. Which must constantly keep moving to stay alive.

So basically, they will probably be ok so long as you don’t play them like a DD. Their speed may even make it difficult for CVs to target. I don’t know, any Le Terrible players have experience with this?

Main problem will be that MM will still put these in DD slots, and if you’re lucky enough to get a game without CVs, you’re still screwed if you have one of these on your team, and the other has a Pan Asia DD, or IJN, or UK, or anything that’s not Russian.

Sign in to follow this