Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SycoraX81

Getting the GK to work in the new meta!

7 comments in this topic

[66666]
33 posts
6,021 battles

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has found a way to actually contribute to the match in the new meta. Pre CV rework I floated around 58% winrate, I'm now on my 32nd loss in a row, I just can't make her work. Due to needing to mob up for AA It's 13 mins at 20km, where I'm lucky to do 20k damage till that point. 60 shell hits 20k damage kind of stuff. (to be honest I don't know how the GK over-pens and no damage pens so often)

Is 2ndry build with fire reduction now just not possible, in general I'm finding it really hard to get into a position to get my guns into that 15km range where the guns actually do damage, not just spray the whole map.

Anyone else having similar issues with her?

[ULAG]
905 posts
8,975 battles
16 hours ago, SycoraX81 said:

(to be honest I don't know how the GK over-pens and no damage pens so often)?

Can't say about GK but something from the BB AP change against DDs really screwd up AP penetration from high cal guns in general...

They have apparently also messed up the "shells fuze when hitting the water" thingie which makes it even harder to citadel lightly armored targets.

I don't play BBs at all nowadays so can't tell you my own experience but a lot of my clanmates are regular BB players and they were the ones who actually pointed that out.

Edited by _TAMAL_

[66666]
33 posts
6,021 battles

Umm, interesting, so it may not just be a range thing as I was thinking.

Thanks for reply.

[REPOI]
5,563 posts
23,103 battles

it is a range issue, just use islands to get closer and hold your dcp till the CV's run full strike, and dont yolo like a idiot like 90% of GK players do, having "good" armor does not mean you can banzai the entire enemy team

Edited by drakon233

[66666]
33 posts
6,021 battles

Well it's a giant HE piñata, as good AA ships tend to have good HE as well, it is really not great at the moment. I think I will put it on the shelf for a while. The plane spots with HE cruisers being everywhere is making it difficult to use islands to get closer. Without team mates pushing with you you're still likely to be the one ship isolated and forward when you get there. 

I guess I'm struggling now to find that window when pushing is effective, the window has narrowed considerably. I'm either 1 min too late and its ships ass's kiting away, landing 1 shell in a volley, or too early. I guess she is not a ship for forcing cruisers out of their cover anymore. More sit behind a rock near B and wait to see which side collapses and respond. 

[CLAY]
1,913 posts
10,342 battles

I’ve started playing FDG, trying to work up to GK. I’m finding similar problems. You can’t sneak up to get close, and you get focused easily if you’re around 15km with most enemy still alive.

The only option seems to be to stay at range with other BBs until enough enemy have been killed that you can push safely to finish off the rest. Or maybe you’ll get lucky and you entire flank will decide to push.

[TLS]
3,012 posts
18,414 battles

GK is good if you manage to somehow get up close to make it work. Unfortunately it depends on your team and if they are going to play long range whack-a-mole or support push.

I think everyone above already said what I would say.

Edited by dejiko_nyo

Sign in to follow this