Sign in to follow this  
TheHolyAsdf

10% Win Rate

6 comments in this topic

6 posts
518 battles

I started playing 2 days ago.

I mostly play Kaiser Battleship. It's fun. But I lose a lot

How is it even possible to have a 10% win rate even if i was intentionally trying to sabotage my team?

Edited by TheHolyAsdf

[TDA]
Super Tester
5,204 posts
6,253 battles

Its actually 21%.  Small sample sizes don't count for statistics.   Just keep playing and learning how to use the ship.   Read up and watch videos on how to play KMBB's if you like that line of ships

• Cool 1

6 posts
518 battles

I'm on a losing streak again. A lot of things are frustrating:

1) Shell dispersion is -extremely- frustrating, especially if you see enemy salvos have nicely clumped up volley of shells coming in, setting you on fire, citadeling etc
2) Even if you win, it doesn't feel that great especially if you're not around until the end
3) Losing a fight is very common and feels bad

4) A lot of UI crudity, such as the dragged out time for the end of battle screen to display, the Division pop up, how it takes 3 seconds for any button click to respond and display something

[ULAG]
905 posts
8,975 battles
14 hours ago, TheHolyAsdf said:

1) Shell dispersion is -extremely- frustrating, especially if you see enemy salvos have nicely clumped up volley of shells coming in, setting you on fire, citadeling etc
2) Even if you win, it doesn't feel that great especially if you're not around until the end

4) A lot of UI crudity, such as the dragged out time for the end of battle screen to display, the Division pop up, how it takes 3 seconds for any button click to respond and display something

1) Dispersion in Battleships is terrible in general. It gets way better the higher you go in tiers(specially T8+) but there will always be that RNG. German Battleships in particular have worse dispersion than other lines. If you want reliability in guns maybe switch to another BB line? IJN and USN have some of the best dispersion when it comes to BBs. French have terrible dispersion until Republique, which has god tier dispersion. There is still plenty of time to play around with what line you like and what to grind etc considering you have just started playing...

2) BBs have low impact on a win in general. DDs and CVs have the most impact followed by cruisers. I would say continue playing BBs and learning as much as you can, then switch to Cruisers, do the same, then switch to DDs, rinse and repeat. That is personally how I got to the position I am right now...I started the game thinking that I will be the nest unicum BB main only to end up liking Cruisers and then liking Destroyers even more!:Smile_teethhappy:Now I only play DDs and CAs and very rarely BBs(I sold Yamato a bit earlier, only have Conqueror rn and that thing plays more like a CA than a BB) ...have recently started playing carriers also and it seems to be going pretty gooood:cap_haloween:

SOOO... just keep playing and learning. 🙂 

3) Win/Loss depends on a lot of things actually. You cannot simply take all the guilt and think it is your fault. IMHO, right now is not the time to think about WR, instead you should focus on learning the basics and getting a grip of the game in general. After you have learnt most of the basic stuff, you can apply that knowledge to perform your level best.

4) The UI has been buggy for like eternity. Sadly, we basically have "adapted" to that...:Smile_trollface:

Edited by _TAMAL_
  • Cool 1

8 posts
464 battles
On 3/24/2019 at 10:14 AM, TheHolyAsdf said:

Hey there, I do understand your frustration, and have been there as well. Now I am only at a few battles in, but I have played the Kaiser (now working up both USN and KM lines), and can give a few tips that worked out for me to increase my survivability.

As you already know the *god awful* dispersion of this ship, I'd suggest you sail (at the start of a match) close to an island (~3-4 km distance) or some planned escape route at a range where you're neither too close nor too far from the enemy team, that is, around the 10-15 km range, and if no DDs or torpedo ships are nearby, close in to 7-10 km. This will make your salvoes more accurate and scary. Shoot at broadside cruisers and DDs, and attract other BBs attention to you (remember, every shot you tank to your repairable hull is a shot that could have been fired on a friendly cruiser or destroyer's irreparable, tiny HP, or worse, dev struck to oblivion). If all goes well and the enemy flank falls, push through with your allies and try moving to the other flank. In case your flank falls however, you can take cover behind the aforementioned island or escape path and retreat to help your allies on your other flank, and prevent taking unnecessary damage. You do not want to stay near a flank that has collapsed, because even though your ship has the next-to-impossible-to-citadel German Krupp Stahl, it burns easily, absolutely can not take torpedoes, and will take heavy pen damage from broadside shots to the upper/lower armor belt from battleship or cruiser AP.

And as the others have said, do play co-op if necessary, especially if you feel like your aim is a bit off. It does help a lot.

Another thing that I find useful in this ship is to aim slightly above the waterline, as this ensures that even if they're not citadels, the higher number of penetrations or over-penetrations will still cause an overall greater damage. I'd also advise to take the B hull as well, it will deduct the research from the next BB in the line (correct me if I'm wrong) and in exchange you get a better HP pool. And don't forget to take the captain skills as well and move it up the line unlike what I did!

As for your UI unresponsiveness, try lowering all settings and see how that works out. (At least it does for me but in general it does lag :P) [i5-6200u, 8gb ram, no ssd and AMD Radeon R7 m340 here]

Have fun!

Edited by _Nelson
Minor edits

Sign in to follow this