You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dieselhead

CV's in or out

CV's, in or out?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Should cv's be removed

• yes
    • no

137 comments in this topic

776 posts
9,043 battles
1 minute ago, Bex_o7 said:

I remain convinced they can be balanced. Whether that actually happens however...

Balanced vs each other yes, balanced vs the surface ships? Not a chance, for the same reasons that CV's dominate in real life!

102 posts
5,524 battles

you really commit to this did you ?

I mean if you try to remove this WG commitment over the past 3 years from when they first introduce, the balance sword won't and never balance. 

This from my perspective but if you don't like the game in current state, DONT PLAY. This pointless thread won't make them change their mind or anyone in WG headquarter.

Cv rework already out and you should accept the fact they are the part of the game Wg introduced.

776 posts
9,043 battles
Just now, appoclyse said:

you really commit to this did you ?

I mean if you try to remove this WG commitment over the past 3 years from when they first introduce, the balance sword won't and never balance. 

This from my perspective but if you don't like the game in current state, DONT PLAY. This pointless thread won't make them change their mind or anyone in WG headquarter.

Cv rework already out and you should accept the fact they are the part of the game Wg introduced.

Why should I accept it? I paid money for premium account and I have every right to voice my opinion over this garbage.

WG need to own the fact that they messed up bringing CV's into this game.

[SH0T]
4 posts
5,059 battles

Rock (BB) vs Scissors (CR) vs Paper (DD) vs Planes???? (CV)

Interested how you think they can be balanced effectively.  I have some ideas that would mitigate some of the problems but ultimately whatever you do by their nature they are always going to rain on everyone's parade.

Though I think making them only spot on the minimap and have fighters that can more effectively hinder the enemy CVs attack and lead to more CV vs CV play would help a lot.  Prerework they used to spend a lot more time fighting each other for air superiority, now all they do is harrass anyone who isn't all blobbed together.  Blobbing is boring af, no-one wants to do that. 

Edited by Tyrrhena
speeelingz

952 posts
16,288 battles

I am really fed up of this beating a dead horse. In the same vein as your reply: I pay for my premium account and I want CVs to be in the game. Your own words against you. You can start voicing your opinion once you start playing more CV games in either random and coop and see how difficult it is actually to play a cv instead of not even bothering to try.

-End of discussion-

102 posts
5,524 battles
15 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

Why should I accept it? I paid money for premium account and I have every right to voice my opinion over this garbage.

WG need to own the fact that they messed up bringing CV's into this game.

as millions who paid premium for Wg, so why the salt ? I don't follow you over this nonsense argument but CV as the devs first introduced is unique so not much peoples play it but now they want more casual players to try out Cv and you shower them with salt ?

it really sad for such minor players have this attitude toward the dev's job of wanting to make the game life cycle longer

776 posts
9,043 battles
11 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

I am really fed up of this beating a dead horse. In the same vein as your reply: I pay for my premium account and I want CVs to be in the game. Your own words against you. You can start voicing your opinion once you start playing more CV games in either random and coop and see how difficult it is actually to play a cv instead of not even bothering to try.

-End of discussion-

I don't care how hard they are to play, that's got absolutely nothing to do with why I want them gone.

Don't even think about telling me if I can voice my opinion or not mate, I've just as much right as you or anyone else to say what I like. The arrogance of you makes my blood boil.

I want them gone for the meta they bring, simple. They aren't a fair class to play vs surface ships and they never will be.

If you cant work that out then that's your problem.

Edited by dieselhead

[SH0T]
4 posts
5,059 battles

Oh guys the angry CV player said the discussion is over so I guess there's no issue here.

Honestly I would be happy if there was a game mode without CVs so I could get back to playing something that isn't World of Bad Game design

776 posts
9,043 battles
1 minute ago, appoclyse said:

as millions who paid premium for Wg, so why the salt ? I don't follow you over this nonsense argument but CV as the devs first introduced is unique so not much peoples play it but now they want more casual players to try out Cv and you shower them with salt ?

it really sad for such minor players have this attitude toward the dev's job of wanting to make the game life cycle longer

Its making the games life cycle shorter by pissing everyone off! lol

952 posts
16,288 battles

You, my dear, are the one being arrogant. Listen to yourself in the mirror. You think your opinion on CV is the only one that matters. You are not even looking at the bigger picture.

I've have had the unfortunate displeasure of reading your rants just so that I can read comments that can support a decent argument. I immensely detest this cv fiasco work because it screwed up everything but at least I try. You, don't even do it.

776 posts
9,043 battles
4 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

You, my dear, are the one being arrogant. Listen to yourself in the mirror. You think your opinion on CV is the only one that matters. You are not even looking at the bigger picture.

I've have had the unfortunate displeasure of reading your rants just so that I can read comments that can support a decent argument. I immensely detest this cv fiasco work because it screwed up everything but at least I try. You, don't even do it.

My dear? dont call me dear mate. How does one listen to themselves in the mirror? As I said before, I dont care how CV's play, I only care about the meta they bring. Try reading what is written before you open your mouth?

As for arrogance, you are being arrogant by trying to tell me when I can or cannot have my say. In the real world that would get you a smack in the mouth for your trouble my friend.

I dont like the meta, I love the game and Ill fight for what i believe in, you can go...yourself if you think ill stop because of anything you say.

977 posts
7,588 battles

I stopped caring. CVs can be a pain to deal with, but about half the games I play don’t have them now. So that works alright.

What I would love to see is limited to 1 CV per match at T8 and T10

977 posts
7,588 battles

@dieselhead @dejiko_nyo

Let me summarise.

You two are at an impasse.

One wants CVs in the game, One wants them removed.

This is a mutually exclusive outcome. Both of you cannot be happy. There is, unfortunately, no realistic middle ground.

You are both, however, entitled to your opinions. But you must accept that the other may not agree.

952 posts
16,288 battles
1 minute ago, Grygus_Triss said:

@dejiko_nyo

Let me summarise.

You two are at an impasse.

One wants CVs in the game, One wants them removed.

This is a mutually exclusive outcome. Both of you cannot be happy. There is, unfortunately, no realistic middle ground.

You are both, however, entitled to your opinions. But you must accept that the other may not agree.

I have already see it coming a long time, ergo, I'm not going to bother propagating this pointless foolishness and take the high road out with my head held up high. But thanks for the advice. :3

491 posts
9,393 battles

Let's just had this .. the Q on hand is not if WG should remove CV or not , its if they can actually balance it or not and WG is not giving the customers much confidence on that regard ... and let's face it its hurtig the game and the game play and a lot of players / customers are not happy about it and that's a fact ... and we all do not see an end to that either so in the end ... its a Q any player should put to himself / herself ...

868 posts
8,235 battles
5 hours ago, Mechfori said:

Let's just had this .. the Q on hand is not if WG should remove CV or not , its if they can actually balance it or not and WG is not giving the customers much confidence on that regard ... and let's face it its hurtig the game and the game play and a lot of players / customers are not happy about it and that's a fact ... and we all do not see an end to that either so in the end ... its a Q any player should put to himself / herself ...

Atleast CV numbers have gone down quite a bit. Main issue is that because a lot of good players have left the game due to the rework, a huge portion players now in random matches are straight up braindead noobs. My WR tanked quite a bit in last few days...

[ANZAC]
425 posts
13,429 battles
9 hours ago, MatterCore said:

dont resist, it always be there, a part of the game

They need to be balanced . . . before 0.8.4 . . .

Don't worry, when the Ru BB line comes out everyone will forget all about the CV balance issues. It is all part of the WG master plan 😉