Sign in to follow this  
adampurkis

DDs Unplayable this patch. Time for another long break.

19 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
90 posts
694 battles

Can anyone tell me when the next patch comes out would great to know if they fix this the dds are unplayable torpedoes just get dodge ships like carriers and battleships move like shopping trolleys. 

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Stop playing "Catch the Torpedoes" game, always predict & change course to evade those torps. If you can't evade it then... Deal with it!:B

Alpha Tester
2,046 posts
277 battles

Stop playing "Catch the Torpedoes" game, always predict & change course to evade those torps. If you can't evade it then... Deal with it!:B

He's talking about how his torpedoes never hit their target. :v

Super Tester
2,725 posts

He's talking about how his torpedoes never hit their target. :v

To OP: Use comma ( , ) on your grammar, like seriously.....

Totally misunderstood that, thought another torpedo whine.

Edited by Mingfang47

Alpha Tester
90 posts
694 battles

Im on tier 7 mahan its just so hard to get in range with the torpedoes i regret just focusing on oneline at a time if only i know wargaming would mess up like they usually do. Dante_ inferno your weird man completely different to what any one else says I played DDs when alpha first opened then had to take a break did not expect such a massive change when I came back there is little or no range on american DDs torpedo wise guns wont cut it and Japanese DDs have range but no speed, guns are useless and the big ships have become shopping trolleys a carrier could never do full turn a like a trolley everything would fall of the deck its ridiculous.

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

Im on tier 7 mahan its just so hard to get in range with the torpedoes i regret just focusing on oneline at a time if only i know wargaming would mess up like they usually do. Dante_ inferno your weird man completely different to what any one else says I played DDs when alpha first opened then had to take a break did not expect such a massive change when I came back there is little or no range on american DDs torpedo wise guns wont cut it and Japanese DDs have range but no speed, guns are useless and the big ships have become shopping trolleys a carrier could never do full turn a like a trolley everything would fall of the deck its ridiculous.

Oddly enough, I can still do quite well in Hatsuharu.

I always hover at the edge of my surface detection when I drop my torpedoes

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

How far torpedoes can be located? 4 km 

Can it be harder to locate when in the smoke? not tested yet (by myself)

Can it be detected behind the island? No

Is Most Recent patch making Torpedoes Easy to detect?

BB Player : "No"

CC Player : "Not significantly "

DD Player : "HELL YES"

CV Player : "Like I care"

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

How far torpedoes can be located? 4 km 

I think the maximum is 2km. I could be wrong, but amade did say Long Lances are 2km.

Can it be harder to locate when in the smoke? not tested yet (by myself)

There's no difference from what I've seen. You see them closer because the DD drops them closer to you.

Can it be detected behind the island? No

There's no LoS, so no. Unless you have scout planes flying around or someone else to see it for you. This is the only way to reliably get torp hits other than being suicidal.

Is Most Recent patch making Torpedoes Easy to detect?

BB Player : "No"

CA Player : "Not significantly "

DD Player : "HELL YES"

CV Player : "Like I care"

Torpedo Acquisition Range has been increased from 10% to 40%.  (Source: Patch note 3.0.0)

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Explain to me about this

Torpedo Acquisition Range

Acquisition: Something acquired or gained

In this sense, acquisition means to acquire vision of the torpedoes. 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Acquisition: Something acquired or gained

In this sense, acquisition means to acquire vision of the torpedoes. 

10% to 40%

THE HECK, they increased it to 4 times of it was earlier

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

30% it's plenty, 60% it's just too much

The thing is, I don't know how the 20% works. Is it additive or multiplicative. The former is obviously worse.

Alpha Tester
90 posts
694 battles

This game is still in beta and i am already fed up with it all my ships have been rendered useless. On top of that its hard to get a win because 96% of the BB players have not got a clue just behind islands entire game or hide at base its annoying like when world of tanks SEA was opened to Vietnam and Thailand it became dull annoying and stressful. Sad Because when beta opened i loved it love the concept of the game one of its kind only to ruined by wargaming.

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

This game is still in beta and i am already fed up with it all my ships have been rendered useless. On top of that its hard to get a win because 96% of the BB players have not got a clue just behind islands entire game or hide at base its annoying like when world of tanks SEA was opened to Vietnam and Thailand it became dull annoying and stressful. Sad Because when beta opened i loved it love the concept of the game one of its kind only to ruined by wargaming.

Well, feel free to leave anytime. We can give your spot as a tester to someone who understands what Alpha and Beta testing is about. Actually, I think that is the result of this thread, so it might as well be closed.

/AALG