You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
drakon233

i hate CVs and so should you

26 comments in this topic

[REPOI]
5,563 posts
23,103 battles

context: i started a single match of DDs with a harugumo expecting fun and engaging game play

shot-19_03.16_18_02.06-0367.thumb.jpg.e9cfacdfb8dc172bddf98725ffca318c.jpg

and this [content removed] killed me in one pass, 3 drops

so: to cure sky *redacted*

death to CVs!

shot-19_03.16_18_18.30-0973.thumb.jpg.a3f01a10f8aa998866a16119722569d1.jpgshot-19_03.16_18_20.49-0041.thumb.jpg.08b7934ca9574b9279112ef3558579ae.jpgshot-19_03.16_18_20.34-0314.thumb.jpg.e238955071dd3ed665141e9bda34c12a.jpgshot-19_03.16_18_20.30-0505.thumb.jpg.195cfe1d9fb741e58d92a2ddb2ae5903.jpg

on a serious note, WG fix your goddamn game, if you *KNOW* the cvs are unbalanced then just remove them from the damn game instead of giving us this half baked version that triggers everyone to high hell, by the time you finish "community balancing" the game you wont have a [content removed] community left

Profanity. Post edited, user warned.

~Beaufighter

• Cool 6
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 1

Beta Tester
2,382 posts
7,238 battles

dont forget 2 CV per team game. not even des moines can cure that Can&#@.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
3,013 posts
18,421 battles

You went too aggressive on a dd that is has its weakness clearly marked from the day it was introduced: Planes. Your nearest air support too far back. You didn't have fighter squadrons to chase away enemy planes. Oh wait. They removed those.

[SH0T]
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
20 hours ago, drakon233 said:

on a serious note, WG fix your goddamn game, if you *KNOW* the cvs are unbalanced then just remove them from the damn game instead of giving us this half baked version that triggers everyone to high hell, by the time you finish "community balancing" the game you wont have a [content removed] community left

100% agree, Ive been saying this for weeks now!

• Cool 1

[SMOKE]
1,201 posts
12,915 battles

Sorry WG will not do it since they are all in a different mind set .. the mind set to sell Premium ships and they cannot come up with a proper OP top tier DD that they can sell to the customers , not like the Kron, or Alsaka, or similar ... they cannot even properly balance mid tier DD , let alone going into high tier ... ( care to try AA on a mid tier Soviet or IJN DD ... its well ... engaging so to speak )

Edited by Mechfori

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,071 posts
9,395 battles
20 hours ago, drakon233 said:

CV's seem pretty balanced to me.  They're hard work, but you can be successful in them with effort.  If you want a stress free game just play BB's.

I'm honestly enjoying the game more now than I have in ages, and that's regardless of which class I play.  Note I don't play cruisers though.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[EX0]
336 posts
17,180 battles
58 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

If you want a stress free game just play BB's

uhh no. multiple pass torps and multiple continuous fire from cv?its not as bad as dd play but still as terrible as getting one shotted.

• Cool 1

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,071 posts
9,395 battles
53 minutes ago, Lowyat said:

uhh no. multiple pass torps and multiple continuous fire from cv?its not as bad as dd play but still as terrible as getting one shotted.

Well your mileage may vary, but I find it pretty stress free compared to the other classes.  If I want to relax while playing the game I take out the Borg, Conq, or Lyon.  Added bonus is that I can peruse the interwebs on the other screen between shots.

Beta Tester
2,382 posts
7,238 battles

watching king of the sea. apparently CV (midway) can use boosted drop, which can one shot a dd.... yikes.

[ULAG]
905 posts
8,975 battles
1 hour ago, yansuki said:

watching king of the sea. apparently CV (midway) can use boosted drop, which can one shot a dd.... yikes.

Another exploit?:cap_fainting:

Care to explain? I really wanna know what rocket science those CV players have found out this time...:cap_haloween:A video reference(youtube/Twitch) would be nice and appreciated...

Edited by _TAMAL_

Beta Tester
2,382 posts
7,238 battles
7 hours ago, _TAMAL_ said:

Another exploit?:cap_fainting:

Care to explain? I really wanna know what rocket science those CV players have found out this time...:cap_haloween:A video reference(youtube/Twitch) would be nice and appreciated...

watch flamu king of the sea cast last night. it was explained by another caster who is an expert on cv. not a cv player so i cant explain it.

also there's another exploit where CV can despawn fighters. it was explained there too. also you can see 10-go using exploit to despawn fighter. kudos to hakuryu CV for fighting fare and still manage to win the game.

TL DR if a cv plane drop its bomb at certain speed. (180kts?) all its bomb will always land on the reticle. basically you can land all hits.

RIP CL, CA and DD.

it was explained around 3:10

Edited by yansuki
  • Cool 1

35 posts
1,475 battles
20 小時前,dejiko_nyo 說:

You went too aggressive on a dd that is has its weakness clearly marked from the day it was introduced: Planes. Your nearest air support too far back. You didn't have fighter squadrons to chase away enemy planes. Oh wait. They removed those.

agree

[PATEN]
Video Contributor, Clantest Coordinator
2,553 posts
12,688 battles
2 minutes ago, yansuki said:

can't watch it...

edited

[FISH]
396 posts
30,622 battles

I knew the game could be played on Steam but didn't know it could be played on Internet Explorer too.

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
Modder
5,867 posts
35,239 battles

where is the Detonation? Icon_achievement_DETONATED.png I'd like to see some explosion

[ULAG]
905 posts
8,975 battles
5 hours ago, yansuki said:

Frankly speaking it was a disgusting trick to watch. It almost feels like cheating. So much for reducing skill gap between players....GG WG:Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

[SH0T]
1,158 posts
11,077 battles

But cv's are balanced they say? Yeah ok, surface ship just gets fisted over and over while he can do nothing...........

[FORCE]
1,029 posts
10,066 battles

Maybe you should try playing CV at least 10 times to learn how "easy" it is. You can't go YOLO, and you shouldn't if there are 2 CVs per team. Stay around 4km from your nearest teammate so you can bait those planes into your teammate's AA.

This is what Akizuki without AA build can do. Yeah it was a loss but you get my point.

shot-19_03.15_19_59.47-0291.thumb.jpg.eccf70b264ca1dc654be0fe19dcea56f.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[TLS]
3,013 posts
18,421 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Feather said:

Maybe you should try playing CV at least 10 times to learn how "easy" it is. You can't go YOLO, and you shouldn't if there are 2 CVs per team. Stay around 4km from your nearest teammate so you can bait those planes into your teammate's AA.

This is what Akizuki without AA build can do. Yeah it was a loss but you get my point.

shot-19_03.15_19_59.47-0291.thumb.jpg.eccf70b264ca1dc654be0fe19dcea56f.jpg

Well done and well said comment. Just to plug by fellow teammate and his aki:

He is murdering cv planes.

shot-19.03.14_21.11.54-0715.jpg

• Cool 1

[REPOI]
5,563 posts
23,103 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Feather said:

i never said it was "easy", i said they were imbalanced 

i know full well what AA can do, my harugumo shotdown 7 planes in the short bursts that i had my AA on. it dosnt change the fact that there is almost nothing a DD that isnt a groz can safely defend itself from AA even if you kit it to be, not to mention the ridiculous amount of spotting potential, the rotation time and the strike/spotting tradeoff that the old CVs had has been pretty much negated by the planes ability to RPF now and the cycle time of planes 

453 posts
9,669 battles
9 hours ago, yansuki said:

watch flamu king of the sea cast last night. it was explained by another caster who is an expert on cv. not a cv player so i cant explain it.

also there's another exploit where CV can despawn fighters. it was explained there too. also you can see 10-go using exploit to despawn fighter. kudos to hakuryu CV for fighting fare and still manage to win the game.

TL DR if a cv plane drop its bomb at certain speed. (180kts?) all its bomb will always land on the reticle. basically you can land all hits.

RIP CL, CA and DD.

it was explained around 3:10

These are well known technique, but don't worry I guess only less than 20% of players can do it. I discovered it by accident when leveling ranger and took me a lot of practice to make it consistent. Pretty high skilled drop I would say and hugely affect by lag when I practice in NA account, because the windows of making the drop is less than 1 second.