Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Feather

Does Implacable have significant improvement over Furious?

16 comments in this topic

[FORCE]
1,081 posts
10,066 battles

The title says it all. Right now I have the early-access Furious, but I think it is not possible to get the early-access Implacable without buying some containers with real cash. And my current impression about Furious is somewhat meh compared to Ranger. I can bear with the slow flight speed but the strike power on rocket & dive bombers are too inconsistent to contribute for the team.

• Boring 2

[LBAS]
3,808 posts
9,093 battles

Chance of succeeding on Scenerio with 5 stars 38% 

Torps too slow even I put the speed 

Not stable aiming  

Other of players lose their guard

[ULAG]
905 posts
8,975 battles
On 3/16/2019 at 10:54 AM, Sir_Feather said:

The title says it all. Right now I have the early-access Furious, but I think it is not possible to get the early-access Implacable without buying some containers with real cash. And my current impression about Furious is somewhat meh compared to Ranger. I can bear with the slow flight speed but the strike power on rocket & dive bombers are too inconsistent to contribute for the team.

My only complain with Furious so far is the teams I get thrown into when I try to play her... I think I have an astounding 20% WR in it because of stupid noobs in my team  who try to deliberately throw the match. Now I'm not a CV main by any means...they are my least played class BUT I've consistently scored 60+ even in T8 MM but still ended in loss. Yes it has planes that are slow as molasses(but tanky af) and the DBs are a joke(which will be buffed next patch)  but right now all I want is some teammates with brain...:etc_swear:

Hell, if you tell me that Implacable is worse than Furious, I'll still take Implacable over furious due to the simple fact that T8 MM has comperatively better chance of having sensible players per team.

Edited by _TAMAL_

Alpha Tester
1,086 posts
4,152 battles

furious is ok, the rockets miss DDs for days so aren't even worth wasting your valuable flight time, the TBs are the best asset for team contribution, but do very small damage like all CV nerfed torpedoes, and the "dive" bombers, that drop from high altitude have a dispersion that would make the Fuso cry.

When playing this CV, you have to be extremely selective on your targets with what type of attack aircraft you are using.

If you don't use rocket planes at all, your going to be sitting in ship waiting for other plane types to regenerate, sometimes I throw them at cruisers, but versus DDs they simply can't hit such a small elusive target with the nerfs that have cut down their effectiveness too much.

I believe that higher up (maybe tier 10) the rocket planes are very good at their contribution to a team (hunting and attacking DDs).

Furious good points: the planes are pretty tough and survive a while against modest AA, in tier 6.

In tier 8, like all bottom tier cv, she pretty useless for damage potential, but you get to play a pretty flight simulator, fly around and spot for team.

[TLS]
3,074 posts
18,492 battles

RN CV: Stole torpedo goodness from IJN CV. Limited by nerfed flooding and dpm. Cannot carry any op anymore due to poor dpm. DBs useless, has a RNG circle the size of a moon.

Problems with the op Snipers of Newport. If you are completely unlucky, you will be the only ship in the game with numerous new extra useless gun emplacements spawning. These new gun emplacements more useless than the default scenario ones because they have limited view to shoot at. Previously, CV could carry the op with extra gun emplacements, now near impossible even with furious. Problem not with the op design, rather, with the dumb players.

[FORCE]
1,081 posts
10,066 battles
16 hours ago, _TAMAL_ said:

My only complain with Furious so far is the teams I get thrown into when I try to play her... I think I have an astounding 20% WR in it because of stupid noobs in my team  who try to deliberately throw the match. Now I'm not a CV main by any means...they are my least played class BUT I've consistently scored 60+ even in T8 MM but still ended in loss. Yes it has planes that are slow as molasses(but tanky af) and the DBs are a joke(which will be buffed next patch)  but right now all I want is some teammates with brain...:etc_swear:

Hell, if you tell me that Implacable is worse than Furious, I'll still take Implacable over furious due to the simple fact that T8 MM has comperatively better chance of having sensible players per team.

To be honest, my only reason to get Implacable is because I have unlocked her permanent camo which looks pretty good imo.

13 hours ago, Muds_Revenge said:

furious is ok, the rockets miss DDs for days so aren't even worth wasting your valuable flight time, the TBs are the best asset for team contribution, but do very small damage like all CV nerfed torpedoes, and the "dive" bombers, that drop from high altitude have a dispersion that would make the Fuso cry.

When playing this CV, you have to be extremely selective on your targets with what type of attack aircraft you are using.

If you don't use rocket planes at all, your going to be sitting in ship waiting for other plane types to regenerate, sometimes I throw them at cruisers, but versus DDs they simply can't hit such a small elusive target with the nerfs that have cut down their effectiveness too much.

I believe that higher up (maybe tier 10) the rocket planes are very good at their contribution to a team (hunting and attacking DDs).

Furious good points: the planes are pretty tough and survive a while against modest AA, in tier 6.

In tier 8, like all bottom tier cv, she pretty useless for damage potential, but you get to play a pretty flight simulator, fly around and spot for team.

I notice the rockets have higher velocity than Ranger's, but the inconsistent accuracy only makes the squadron best at initial spotting. The TBs are good though. The DBs only hit well if the targeted ship is in parallel with the reticle/crosshair. My game in Furious is often capped about 50k at most when being top tier while Ranger often gets +70k against T7/55k against T8.

13 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

RN CV: Stole torpedo goodness from IJN CV. Limited by nerfed flooding and dpm. Cannot carry any op anymore due to poor dpm. DBs useless, has a RNG circle the size of a moon.

Problems with the op Snipers of Newport. If you are completely unlucky, you will be the only ship in the game with numerous new extra useless gun emplacements spawning. These new gun emplacements more useless than the default scenario ones because they have limited view to shoot at. Previously, CV could carry the op with extra gun emplacements, now near impossible even with furious. Problem not with the op design, rather, with the dumb players.

I have yet to try any CV in Newport since rework. I tried to give it a try several times but the queue often had 10 CV waiting. I might have to gauge it with Ranger first because I did Aegis consistently enough to score 4 stars at worst.

[TLS]
3,074 posts
18,492 battles
15 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

The DBs only hit well if the targeted ship is in parallel with the reticle/crosshair.

I have yet to try any CV in Newport since rework. I tried to give it a try several times but the queue often had 10 CV waiting. I might have to gauge it with Ranger first because I did Aegis consistently enough to score 4 stars at worst.

Cheat. CV div with someone. Preferably with someone who doesn't sit in the port and snipe.

DBs you need to be *slightly* off to one side because they launch from either side of you. I find it best to slightly go off centre/angle.

Edited by dejiko_nyo

[ULAG]
905 posts
8,975 battles
27 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

To be honest, my only reason to get Implacable is because I have unlocked her permanent camo which looks pretty good imo.

That is one of my personal interest about her too. The camo looks damn sexy. Not to mention, Implacable itself is one of the best looking CVs in the game:fish_cute_2:

29 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

I notice the rockets have higher velocity than Ranger's, but the inconsistent accuracy only makes the squadron best at initial spotting. The TBs are good though. The DBs only hit well if the targeted ship is in parallel with the reticle/crosshair. My game in Furious is often capped about 50k at most when being top tier while Ranger often gets +70k against T7/55k against T8.

The rockets IMO are best against BB superstructure. Against DDs, attacking from the back helps. Main issue is the pitiful alpha that they have. WG should either increase alpha or payload for both rockets and bombs. 

• Cool 1

[TLS]
3,074 posts
18,492 battles
9 hours ago, _TAMAL_ said:

The rockets IMO are best against BB superstructure. Against DDs, attacking from the back helps. Main issue is the pitiful alpha that they have. WG should either increase alpha or payload for both rockets and bombs. 

And the watch certain factions scream bloody murder and throw tantrums? This may be interesting to watch.

Though honestly, yes, the alpha outputs should be increased.

[ULAG]
905 posts
8,975 battles
9 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

And the watch certain factions scream bloody murder and throw tantrums? This may be interesting to watch.

Though honestly, yes, the alpha outputs should be increased.

Well, that screaming by certain factions is totally justified against T10 CVs considering how broken they are(specially Midway). However, T8 and below is quite challenging for CVs.

I do have to mention though, after getting quite reasonable temmates today, I'm actually doing pretty good in Furious. Averaging 60k and even had an 81k game...:cat_cool:

Edit: It seems that Torpedo Acceleration has a huge impact on my performance also. Didn't have it previously and torp landing was a bit of a struggle. Now its super easy mode.

Edited by _TAMAL_

[TLS]
3,074 posts
18,492 battles
Just now, _TAMAL_ said:

Well, that screaming by certain factions is totally justified against T10 CVs considering how broken they are(specially Midway). However, T8 and below is quite challenging for CVs.

I do have to mention though, after getting quite reasonable temmates today, I'm actually doing pretty good in Furious. Averaging 60k and even had an 81k game...:cat_cool:

Furious is the new Ryujo. I am getting the hang of her despite my rework position. Her incoming db buff *may* change my opinion of them. But I am enjoying her tbs until wg decides to nerf them for 'being too good'.

Midway keeps on breaking things. Her prework AP was just breaking. Maybe I should just join the Midway Abusers team. If you can't beat them, join them.

[ULAG]
905 posts
8,975 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Furious is the new Ryujo. I am getting the hang of her despite my rework position. Her incoming db buff *may* change my opinion of them. But I am enjoying her tbs until wg decides to nerf them for 'being too good'.

Midway keeps on breaking things. Her prework AP was just breaking. Maybe I should just join the Midway Abusers team. If you can't beat them, join them.

Just had a 105k game. It definitely is dependent on the team tho...the carry potential is simply not there like before. Now you need assistance.

The sad part of Midway situation is that Hakuryu is rarely seen now. Even in KOTS, we've seen only a few of them so far.

[TLS]
3,074 posts
18,492 battles
13 hours ago, _TAMAL_ said:

Just had a 105k game. It definitely is dependent on the team tho...the carry potential is simply not there like before. Now you need assistance.

The sad part of Midway situation is that Hakuryu is rarely seen now. Even in KOTS, we've seen only a few of them so far.

Yes, CV cannot really save games anymore. They are more like support. And if by chance CV -does- save a game, it definately means that the team did not perform. KOTS is like the best of the best (?really?) playing and they will use every legal advantage they have over their opponent. There is no room for underpowered ships.

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 10:30 PM, Sir_Feather said:

Only noticed it now and have a comment: if RN line is currently like this, Implacable should be a stepping stone towards getting the T10 RN CV, which theoretically should carry on the traits of the line.

[ULAG]
905 posts
8,975 battles
10 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Yes, CV cannot really save games anymore. They are more like support. And if by chance CV -does- save a game, it definately means that the team did not perform. KOTS is like the best of the best (?really?) playing and they will use every legal advantage they have over their opponent. There is no room for underpowered ships.

Except for Midway...it can blap almost anything

[FORCE]
1,081 posts
10,066 battles
On 3/19/2019 at 4:44 PM, dejiko_nyo said:

That motto is more compulsory than it sounds if we try to look for the weakness of the "certain" ships. I rarely get blapped by CV in a DD since then.

Sign in to follow this