Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus

Is it just me or did nobody in Asia Forums raised hell over the GC debacle?

39 comments in this topic

[KNCOL]
293 posts
6,750 battles

In reddit and NA forums, people have been screaming bloody murder ever since the devs announced the testing for T6 GC. People are telling WG that "their wallets are closed now" and "WG will be bankrupt without our money".  

I'm quite surprised that almost nobody here is talking about it, as it is a very hot topic in the places aforementioned. 

And considering that yesterday WG announced their abandonment of their plans of adjusting GC, I'm also surprised that no one's talking about that too.

[HMAS_]
2,005 posts
13,972 battles

It was a shit idea to try & change it to t6 - they thought better of it - what's to discuss?? 

I for one am happy they abandoned the hair-brained idea... I didn't want to be meeting t8 ships all the time in it... I'm glad someone in WG had better sense..

Ordrazz

[TLS]
3,013 posts
18,421 battles

Because apparently we have more important things to do like being anti-cv and all. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

1,325 posts
11,993 battles

no point of talking on something when you already know the outcome.. There were lots of discussions on OP ships ending up with WG has to refund to the person who bought the product as once they change the product stats it isn't what person bought it for.

Has happened with Belfast, Kutuzov, gremy etc.. so in the end we all knew the out come of it.

But if you want to talk about it then sure.

• Cool 1

[TDA]
Super Tester
5,190 posts
6,197 battles
1 hour ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

In reddit and NA forums, people have been screaming bloody murder ever since the devs announced the testing for T6 GC. People are telling WG that "their wallets are closed now" and "WG will be bankrupt without our money".  

I'm quite surprised that almost nobody here is talking about it, as it is a very hot topic in the places aforementioned. 

And considering that yesterday WG announced their abandonment of their plans of adjusting GC, I'm also surprised that no one's talking about that too.

We already were talking about it

lj4pqCe.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[KNCOL]
293 posts
6,750 battles
1 minute ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

We already were talking about it

lj4pqCe.jpg

What I mean is, aside from Devblog post replies, almost no one in the English-speaking forums has made dedicated threads talking (or whining) about it. Excluding that devblog post, there isn't any threads specifically talking about it. The best are two other threads that mention GC, but isn't really the main topic of the thread.

[TDA]
Super Tester
5,190 posts
6,197 battles

Maybe they are satisfied to keep it in one thread rather than starting hundreds of them.

[RSFSR]
25 posts
5,822 battles

If players stop them to nerf the ships, then they just buff all the ship beside those premium ships 
Yes, we did not nerf their stats :Smile_trollface:

I don't really care if they nerf the ships or not if they are still playable

The people who know how to play those ships can still do well in game (look at the thread about Atlanta)

Edited by Fraxinus_AI
  • Cool 1

560 posts
1,474 battles
47 minutes ago, Fraxinus_AI said:

If players stop them to nerf the ships, then they just buff all the ship beside those premium ships 

Nerf one ship would required far less effort though. most cost efficient option.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,699 posts
1 hour ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

almost no one in the English-speaking forums has made dedicated threads talking (or whining) about it.

What does whining about it get you from WG.....

tenor.gif?itemid=12750629

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CLAY]
1,914 posts
10,342 battles

We were talking about it. Maybe not screaming, like in other forums, but we’re a smaller population, and don’t get nearly as worked up.

Sorry we weren’t more obvious about it, we’ll try harder to yell and scream next time.

And I guess people were exhausted from the whole CV rework thing. Like I said, we’re a smaller population, we have limited resources. There’s only so much rage. Plenty of apathy though.

• Cool 1

[HMAS_]
2,005 posts
13,972 battles

Apathy costs less..... Especially when discounted...

Ordrazz

• Cool 2

[LGND]
430 posts
10,748 battles

there is no point even if we whining and make a drama to WG, because we dont have WG staff here or at least administrator lol.....
there is so many rant post but no response form dev.... 

Asia server forum only have moderator.... :Smile_trollface:

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,071 posts
9,395 battles
1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

and don’t get nearly as worked up

This seems to be it.  The population on these forums generally contains pretty level headed people who don't get too worked up over stuff.  We disagree a lot of course, but we seem to be able to do it without too much hyperbole and angst (for a game forum anyway!).

I have the GC and play it sometimes, it's too strong. It doesn't break the game though.  If they nerfed it, I wouldn't have minded too much.  I also don't mind that they are leaving it how it is.

If any of you haven't done it, go read some of the threads on the NA forums - it'll make you love the SEA forums!  It's not so much how worked up they get over the smallest stuff, it's their lack of understanding of the game that many seem to have that is unfortunate.

• Cool 2

[TDA]
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,116 posts
7,703 battles

Isn't this thread a self-fulfilling prophecy?

• Funny 3

[PEEDZ]
54 posts
7,671 battles
7 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

Isn't this thread a self-fulfilling prophecy?

NO!

and by no I mean Yes

[TWR]
1,264 posts
4,750 battles

WG being WG...put their foot in their mouth because they didn't think something through or listen to actual feedback,then have to do serious damage control.

Business as usual!

[ZUIUN]
Alpha Tester
465 posts

Maybe Asians tend to be more obedient and usually endure hardships without whining. NA and EU, on the other hand, are just spoiled in comparison.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,071 posts
9,395 battles
8 minutes ago, BanditSE1977 said:

WG being WG...put their foot in their mouth because they didn't think something through or listen to actual feedback,then have to do serious damage control.

That's an interesting take on it.  I'm pretty confident they'd be extremely aware of how much of a community reaction there would be upon the announcement of the intention to test a nerf to an OP premium ship that had been removed from sale.  It's probably difficult for them to gauge exactly where community opinion is on the subject, hence the testing.  It's still difficult to work this out tbh, there are plenty of players on either side of the argument.  Now that they have put it out there, and had time to gauge general opinion, they have clearly decided that there were too many people against nerfing OP premiums for them to put it through.

They did specifically say that they only started the process due to community request.

I also don't see this as damage control.  Just like the CV rework, they made what they knew would be a controversial change, and everything went pretty much as expected.  They considered the information they ended up with and made a decision.  They said all along that it wasn't set in stone.  Seems pretty reasonable.

[TDA]
Super Tester
5,190 posts
6,197 battles
13 minutes ago, Nikolaevna said:

Maybe Asians tend to be more obedient and usually endure hardships without whining. NA and EU, on the other hand, are just spoiled in comparison.

Reserved would be a better work. 

[TDA]
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,116 posts
7,703 battles

Here are your choices folks:

A) Melodramatically inflate what has occurred and forecast the end of everything.

B) Ignore it and it goes away, thus allowing you to get on with life.

C) Kick the dog.

• Funny 1

[ULAG]
905 posts
8,975 battles
4 hours ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

What I mean is, aside from Devblog post replies, almost no one in the English-speaking forums has made dedicated threads talking (or whining) about it. Excluding that devblog post, there isn't any threads specifically talking about it. The best are two other threads that mention GC, but isn't really the main topic of the thread.

Do we really need an even higher number of threads dedicated to "whining" ?:Smile_trollface:

Edited by _TAMAL_

[ULAG]
905 posts
8,975 battles
4 hours ago, Fraxinus_AI said:

I don't really care if they nerf the ships or not if they are still playable

The people who know how to play those ships can still do well in game (look at the thread about Atlanta)

And this too^^^

Sign in to follow this