You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Sakene

Match Maker

14 comments in this topic

[151ST]
[151ST]
31 posts
10,833 battles

My thoughts on the Match maker and how I would fix it.

• Cool 6

[TF44]
[TF44]
168 posts
15,314 battles

Admiral Sakene,

Well done!

I encourage everyone to watch this video.

It is a presented in an uncontroversial, non-judgemental manner.

The practical solutions are proposed which address the specific issues identified.

In a tropical cyclone full of complaint, bitterness and conflict inducing commentary; this video is with out peer in describing the problem and proposing uncomplicated solutions for in-game dilemmas we are all experiencing.

Even if you don't agree with what is said, at least take heed of a constructive method of describing any shortcomings you may discover in World of Warships.

Cheers

Taipan17

CO TF44

• Cool 2

[1AN-E]
[1AN-E]
122 posts
16,896 battles

It would definitely would make MM better from my point of view, if these changes were implemented by WG

The regular disparity that Tier 8s suffer in coming up against Tier 10s make that Tier less fun to play than they used to be, for me

The solutions @Admiral_Sakene has suggested make sense, and would alleviate this problem. They also don't seem particularly hard or costly to implement.

Like @Taipan17, I encourage you all to listen to the video. I founf it to be sensible, thoughtful, and clearly made by someone who wants the game to be better than it is now, and knows a lot about the game

• Cool 1

[151ST]
[151ST]
4 posts
3,308 battles

As someone who hasn't played for a few months but have been watching streams, and experienced some of those awful MM rounds over and over, I'd be happy to see some sort of counter in the mix.

I think though if you are divisioned 1 in 4 or 5 is too long. In a div I think it should be based on who is closest to next T10 match.

[151ST]
[151ST]
7 posts
5,762 battles

It has good ideas.  It would be more fair, especially for T8 and while you would still cop a T10 battle from time to time, you would have plenty of other battles making it not so painful.

[151ST]
1,417 posts
7,553 battles

Not exactly what I'd call 'ideal' solutions but far more simple and easy to implement, also far more likely.

Anything that improves MM is a good idea.

Good video mate

[LBAS]
3,789 posts
9,013 battles

T4 vs T7

T5 vs T8

Spoiler

RIP Chalie Whiting 5 lights is fade out  

[1AN-E]
[1AN-E]
122 posts
16,896 battles

Just saw this link to the devs talking about how they have implemented kinda similar to your counter idea only not as good imo ie they say if u are top tier several games then u r guaranteed of not being top tier ...

Also the economy changes in 0.8.1 seem intended to comepnsate for being lower tier, though they don't really solve the problem imoThe amount of credits earned for destroying higher-tier ships has been increased. For example, a Tier VI ship will receive more credits and XP for the destruction of Tier VII and VIII ships. As a result, those who participate in higher-tier battles can potentially receive greater rewards for their efforts. https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update-081-british-squadrons/#economy

[151ST]
[151ST]
31 posts
10,833 battles

Saw this video when it came out @LargerNeptune3, and to be honest, it doesn't feel as though anything has changed from it. At least 9 out of 10 of my games at T8 are still at T10.

[TLS]
206 posts
7,231 battles

Well, thanks to people digging this up. it been under radar of new Forumers like me. The idea is great.

But for WG to make this work, Stop introduce the new useless stuff and focus on Player's Exp. Tier 8 such painful road that nowadays it not fun anymore, and i'm talk about recent new line and freemiums ships design in tier 9 and tier 10. It used to be so fun when I play Amagi and don't meet tier 10 often that  because their fine line between different line like US is snipe position, IJN can be snipe and tank as same time, German be the frontline assault, so on and so on...……….. 

Now we see Vlad can cit you and  with heavy bow that none can cit it without getting at his broadside, and stuff that you will meet at tier 9 like Musashi is just painful but can be endure but getting in a match with Kremlin ? and he can reliable sitting at 15km away cit the living *beef* of you while you struggle to work at 10km ? now that is just ruined the fun and engaging battle. Because the aiming of Kreml being adjust to get more frequently land you as close as you get, how is this encouraging players to be more engaged when they got kick so hard in the nuts they wont dare go near anymore ? We as players who got like 5k or more always said that BBs should be more than just snipe but these design of Super Tanking and Super Cruiser accuracy is just not the way the game need anymore...………. 

The game become so passive that I don't felt like playing in an MMO game and more like racing for dmg. And I mean seriously...…………………...

Wg plz, for once calculate something more than just giving this giving that and make Vets become more and more powerful while casual will be just being beat with all the OP and they struggle with these kind of ships.

[HMAS_]
2,005 posts
13,972 battles

@GOMBEE8626 if you get the time, have a look at this video of ideas of this thread, & pass it on please...

Good ideas here..

Ordrazz

• Cool 1

Administrator
373 posts
1 hour ago, Ordrazz said:

@GOMBEE8626 if you get the time, have a look at this video of ideas of this thread, & pass it on please...

Good ideas here..

Ordrazz

Sure, absolutely same idea 🙂