You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pete_the_pirate

Game freezes

2 comments in this topic

71 posts
4,083 battles

FFS! This is getting ridiculous. Just had two game freezes in one battle - right at start, before I had even had a chance to plot a course, then right near the end of the battle. For the last month or so I haven't been able to play more than two games (on average) before I have a freeze. Then of course it takes forever reloading and going through all the start up and log in windows (by which time I'm liable to have been sunk). If this keeps on happening I'm going to give WOWS away - it's just too much aggravation.

71 posts
4,083 battles

Looks like I'm going to have to give WOWS away if it continues like today. First battle for the day - 1. Freeze just after first sighting enemy and firing a salvo. 2. Managed to restart and get back into battle when, (if I recall correctly) the enemy and our team each had 3 remaining ships. Sank an enemy BB within first minute of being back in game and straight after . . . 3. Another freeze as defeat/victory music started (but before the score came up). Don't even know if we won or lost as I didn't have time to notice the scoring, although I suspect we lost.

It's now the next day. I gave up for the day after that effort yesterday but thought things may have improved today. If anything they have got WORSE. The game froze shortly after first sighting of enemy and launching a couple of salvoes. By the time I'd managed to go through the painfully slow process of restarting I had already taken quite a bit of damage and was being shelled by a number of enemy and started being hit by torpedoes. Before I had a chance to do anything a final torpedo struck the fatal blow and the bloody game froze while I was sinking. I tried to get back on to explain to my team mates why I had contributed so little but the reload got as far as bringing up the team window then the BLOODY THING FROZE AGAIN.

Wasted enough money on this bullshit. A pity because in the early stages I found this game quite addictive, now all the freezes make it unplayable and it just pisses me off. Over and out.

Edited by Pete_the_pirate
Additional info.