You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
notyourfather

Ship sector based damage saturation is dumb.

6 comments in this topic

[WWS]
158 posts
2,503 battles

This sector based saturation is dumb. (I'm not sure where this ship divides its saturation sectors but yep this is dumb.)

2njwxsg.png

Why not just make saturation like this...

2mdjas0.png

Hitting the saturated dots again will result no damage(but fire will still start and burn).

[LNA]
1,991 posts
12,563 battles
14 minutes ago, notyourfather said:

This sector based saturation is dumb. (I'm not sure where this ship divides its saturation sectors but yep this is dumb.)

2njwxsg.png

Why not just make saturation like this...

2mdjas0.png

Hitting the saturated dots again will result no damage(but fire will still start and burn).

And pray how many of us will have the computation power necessary to emulate that. Or how dd will become invincible if blapped with a high caliber HE shell ?

Right now , computing is done by server , do you want the server to take a few moment later to actually calculate all the result for you so 5 seconds later it register on your screen.

This game is not a sim , not even war thunder realism mode is a sim.

If you want a sim , join the navy.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[XKBLX]
Beta Tester
30 posts
1,030 battles
6 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

And pray how many of us will have the computation power necessary to emulate that. Or how dd will become invincible if blapped with a high caliber HE shell ?

Right now , computing is done by server , do you want the server to take a few moment later to actually calculate all the result for you so 5 seconds later it register on your screen.

This game is not a sim , not even war thunder realism mode is a sim.

If you want a sim , join the navy.

Agreed. This game is not a simulation, more arcade like. Trying to do what the OP wants i honesty cannot find a reason for it. Additionally, it would require the game to have to keep a ton more information on each individual ship in the battle.

Currently, if i remember right, each ship is broken down by fore, amidships and aft (not sure if superstructure is included from my hazy memory) I am also not sure if port and starboard are included as one, or individual. For the sake of the following example, i will use them being included as one. 24 possible players in the game, times that by 3, you get 72 data points the game needs to keep track of. If WG were to attempt what you wanted, those data point numbers would explode. 

561 posts
1,474 battles

Real ship does have damage mitigation sectors, Naval AP shells may not carry as much explosive like their HE shells, as long as the shells enter the same sector, it mades damage to the same sector.

One of the lesson learnt from battle of Jutland, was the Brit did not close their sector doors in order to increase gun loading speed. end up explosion and fire spreaded through sectors.

[WWS]
158 posts
2,503 battles

They atleast need to do something fully saturated ship. They became "immune" to damage from low caliber guns and you'd hope to start a fire just to kill them.

[-ISO-]
911 posts
5,988 battles
17 hours ago, notyourfather said:

Why dumb though? This game is online based. And online games are controlled by servers. The problem with your idea is, dots are too heavy for a server to calculate and compute the damage result after you hit. This can be worse if you're using a ship that is capable of spamming shells.  The second problem is, there are dozens to hundreds of players who enters a battle simultaneously. This means that a server have to render dots on every ships. Which is why it's too heavy for them to handle. That's why WG simplify it by dividing the saturation sectors into fewer parts. For more information, you can watch the how it works videos. You better watch it  twice or more. And there are more episodes of this series that you can explore and learn. Good luck.