Sign in to follow this  
Caligula99

HOW TO PLAYING WELL USING A BISMARCK?

7 comments in this topic

8 posts
812 battles

im just umgrade from gneisenau to bismarck,but i feel really2 hard to play with this ship,and what does the hydroacoustyc search for?

if anyone can tell me how to pro using a bismarck?

my team always dies faster than enemy team. 🙄

[KAMI]
1,216 posts
11,033 battles

Hydroacoustic Search is a tool used to search incoming torpedo or ship nearby depending on what kind of hydro they have for a period of time

Just hover your mouse over the "hydroacoustic search" button in-game and you will see the range of torpedo spotting and ship spotting and duration of it(In port also the same)

For KMS Bismarck, It have the usual bad dispersion for main battery, so you have to get close to use it more efficiently

Dont even try to show your full broadside even you got well-kept citadel, Those big guns like 406mm++ will eat you up 

• Cool 1

[AN-DO]
534 posts
8,713 battles

Although you are best in close where your guns are a bit more accurate, and where your secondary guns can start doing damage, its best not to charge in. I see too many people who think bismarck must be invincible and charge strait ahead it the start of the game to get in close for brawling. its best to play mid range for a bit and soften up targets, then, when the enemy is a bit weaker you can close in and put the pressure on. Also, as gummilicious mentioned, even though you have a well armoured citadel don't show broadside, you don't have to use your rear guns all the time. A well angled Bismarck can wear a lot of damage.

• Cool 1

[BLESS]
7 posts
4,352 battles

bismarck is probably the weakest t8 BB because of its main batteries. lowest calibre guns and only 8 of them along with poor accuracy and shells that lack penetration means you'll get frustrated in every game you play (against T10 mostly) when you'll see large chunks of hp pool getting removed by same or higher tier BBs (some times even by lower tiers) and you doing mediocre damage to them in return.

you'll need bismarck's secondaries to compensate for the low performing main guns. gneis , bismarck ,fdg need high skill commander to be effective (18 point commander, 14 point at least). you need to get closer to the reds . not immediately. Only when there is a favourable situation. till then you can play it like any other BB . you need to  have good map awareness and foresight for closing in . get only that much close where secondaries can start raining.

Against a BB ,don't charge bow on . remaining angled is advisable. the superstructure is big and it will arm BB AP shells. remaining angled will cause many of the AP shells to over penetrate your superstructure. firing angle is not that impressive ( though way better than fdg and gk). use your rear turrets only when enemy BB has fired its salvo.

the main guns work well against cruisers though if they hit. just aim well and let rng do its work. 

hydro is mostly for defensive role because of its limited range . it is useful while brawling when enemy dd is near by. it helps to avoid most if not all torpedoes. you need to predict where torpedoes might come from and start turning accordingly even before they are spotted by hydro. 

I have stopped playing the bismarck because of T10 MM . but I play fdg and its just a bigger bismarck. the following are the modules and capt skill i am using on it and it works well. 

modules-

slot 1. aux armament mod 1 (secondaries specially the 105s have no armor and are permanently disabled even by cruiser HE . you need those 105s as they form the bulk of bismarck's secondaries)

slot 2. dam con mod 1

slot 3. secondary bat mod 1 ( aiming sys mod on german BBs is a joke . guns are still inaccurate)

slot 4. dam con mod 2

slot 5. concealment mod 1 .

captain skills.

preventive maintenance,  AR, BFT, AFT , man sec, FP. (give first priority to fire prevention, then take manual secondary )

if you want to have fun in bismarck then go for a full secondary build. others might advise to have a survival build in the current meta .but then playing KMS BBs like any other  BB will be a boring and frustrating experience IMO. 

A bit of advice: If you go with a secondary build, dont brawl with a royal navy BB. the secondaries have poor armor and they wont survive against those HE spammers even with auxiliary armament mod.

good luck !

• Cool 2

8 posts
812 battles
On 3/12/2019 at 6:43 PM, Gummilicious said:

Hydroacoustic Search is a tool used to search incoming torpedo or ship nearby depending on what kind of hydro they have for a period of time

Just hover your mouse over the "hydroacoustic search" button in-game and you will see the range of torpedo spotting and ship spotting and duration of it(In port also the same)

For KMS Bismarck, It have the usual bad dispersion for main battery, so you have to get close to use it more efficiently

Dont even try to show your full broadside even you got well-kept citadel, Those big guns like 406mm++ will eat you up 

19 hours ago, wildanimal_1 said:

bismarck is probably the weakest t8 BB because of its main batteries. lowest calibre guns and only 8 of them along with poor accuracy and shells that lack penetration means you'll get frustrated in every game you play (against T10 mostly) when you'll see large chunks of hp pool getting removed by same or higher tier BBs (some times even by lower tiers) and you doing mediocre damage to them in return.

you'll need bismarck's secondaries to compensate for the low performing main guns. gneis , bismarck ,fdg need high skill commander to be effective (18 point commander, 14 point at least). you need to get closer to the reds . not immediately. Only when there is a favourable situation. till then you can play it like any other BB . you need to  have good map awareness and foresight for closing in . get only that much close where secondaries can start raining.

Against a BB ,don't charge bow on . remaining angled is advisable. the superstructure is big and it will arm BB AP shells. remaining angled will cause many of the AP shells to over penetrate your superstructure. firing angle is not that impressive ( though way better than fdg and gk). use your rear turrets only when enemy BB has fired its salvo.

the main guns work well against cruisers though if they hit. just aim well and let rng do its work. 

hydro is mostly for defensive role because of its limited range . it is useful while brawling when enemy dd is near by. it helps to avoid most if not all torpedoes. you need to predict where torpedoes might come from and start turning accordingly even before they are spotted by hydro. 

I have stopped playing the bismarck because of T10 MM . but I play fdg and its just a bigger bismarck. the following are the modules and capt skill i am using on it and it works well. 

modules-

slot 1. aux armament mod 1 (secondaries specially the 105s have no armor and are permanently disabled even by cruiser HE . you need those 105s as they form the bulk of bismarck's secondaries)

slot 2. dam con mod 1

slot 3. secondary bat mod 1 ( aiming sys mod on german BBs is a joke . guns are still inaccurate)

slot 4. dam con mod 2

slot 5. concealment mod 1 .

captain skills.

preventive maintenance,  AR, BFT, AFT , man sec, FP. (give first priority to fire prevention, then take manual secondary )

if you want to have fun in bismarck then go for a full secondary build. others might advise to have a survival build in the current meta .but then playing KMS BBs like any other  BB will be a boring and frustrating experience IMO. 

A bit of advice: If you go with a secondary build, dont brawl with a royal navy BB. the secondaries have poor armor and they wont survive against those HE spammers even with auxiliary armament mod.

good luck !

thankyou for your lesson sir i will try like your command 😊

8 posts
812 battles
19 hours ago, blauflamme22 said:

Although you are best in close where your guns are a bit more accurate, and where your secondary guns can start doing damage, its best not to charge in. I see too many people who think bismarck must be invincible and charge strait ahead it the start of the game to get in close for brawling. its best to play mid range for a bit and soften up targets, then, when the enemy is a bit weaker you can close in and put the pressure on. Also, as gummilicious mentioned, even though you have a well armoured citadel don't show broadside, you don't have to use your rear guns all the time. A well angled Bismarck can wear a lot of damage.

yes sir,rear main gun bismarck is only side position or 3/4 only efective,thanks for your lesson 😊

Sign in to follow this