Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
adampurkis

Seems to me battleships are overpowered considering most BB owners are imbaciles.

74 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
90 posts
694 battles

I was sailing around in my omaha cruiser today then all of sudden have a salvo from a fuso BB sunk me in one go. I do not know if thats what would happen in real life or if its historically accurate but I think that is a bit much. Considering that 1 out 5 BB players actually know how to use their ships, the rest were most likely bad heavy tank players from wot. You know the type hide behind the medium tanks or a building and wait in their maus. 

Perhaps I bumped into a guy who knew what he was doing. Time and time again i see this even in my tier 5 faragot not even half a salvo from the fuso hits me and i am dead. I think the battleships in this game does too much damage and are too maneuverable, I mean they outrun destroyers for christ sake. All most eighty percent of the battleship player base have no clue what they are doing just drive in the complete wrong direction hit the map border and just grind along the line shooting and not hitting anything. The rest hide behind islands or pretend to be a island when they are all supposed to be right behind the cruisers providing long range artillery support.  Now if battleships can do this kind of damage and be this maneuverable now, what happens when the player base opens up wider and more skilled players used them they will just single salvo every ship in the game. What does everyone else think? Keen to know your opinions.

Safe sailing.

Edited by adampurkis

679 posts
3,522 battles

I was sailing around in my omaha cruiser today then all of sudden have a salvo from a fuso BB sunk me in one go. I do not know if thats what would happen in real life or if its historically accurate but I think that is a bit much. Considering that 1 out 5 BB players actually know how to use their ships, the rest were most likely bad heavy tank players from wot. You know the type hide behind the medium tanks or a building and wait in their maus. 

Perhaps I bumped into a guy who knew what he was doing. Time and time again i see this even in my tier 5 faragot not even half a salvo from the fuso hits me and i am dead. I think the battleships in this game does too much damage and are too maneuverable, I mean they outrun destroyers for christ sake. All most eighty percent of the battleship player base have no clue what they are doing just drive in the complete wrong direction hit the map border and just grind along the line shooting and not hitting anything. The rest hide behind islands or pretend to be a island when they are all supposed to be right behind the cruisers providing long range artillery support.  Now if battleships can do this kind of damage and be this maneuverable now, what happens when the player base opens up wider and more skilled players used them they will just single salvo every ship in the game. What does everyone else think? Keen to know your opinions.

Safe sailing.

4 letters, 1 shell, Hood.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

4 letters, 1 shell, Hood.

Same as Torpedo

6 Letters, 1 AMERICAN Torpedo, Taihou

Edited by Harpoon01

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

Well, he did make a valid point. Everything is bad in this patch, but the BBs are the least bad of them all.

Why is everything bad in this patch?  You are playing so the devs can get information, or is it because you are getting bored with this game? As you stated in off topic chat!

679 posts
3,522 battles

Well, he did make a valid point. Everything is bad in this patch, but the BBs are the least bad of them all.

This patch is great, if anything I feel BBs nerfs have gone a little too far.  DDs feel great but are glass cannons, CCs are great and all round, BBs feel a little too inaccurate, but I have to say it feels just about right now.

So I guess I totally disagree with you.

Alpha Tester
90 posts
694 battles

I know about Hood I am British how can i not know about that catastrophe. The Bismark had huge guns I think it comes second to the yamamoto which had the biggest this was only a fuso.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I know about Hood I am British how can i not know about that catastrophe. The Bismark had huge guns I think it comes second to the yamamoto which had the biggest this was only a fuso.

Hood = Most Armoured Battlecruiser and same Shells size with Bismarck
Edited by Harpoon01

679 posts
3,522 battles

lol, you don't seem to get it, someting the size of a Mini Minor/Toyota Celica/ VW Beetle hits your ship, it tends to ruin your whole day, especially if you are a Destroyer (which has like 3 mm armour)

679 posts
3,522 battles

Hood = Most Armoured Battlecruiser and same Shells size with Bismarck

Sorry this is very very wrong.  Hood was a battle cruiser and had very light amour, and none to speak of on its deck (it was due to dry dock to have its citidel up amoured but WW2 ensured that never happened.  The Bismark's plunging fire went through almost no amour and hit the 2nd turret magazine.  The resulting explosion blew the shp in half and its back 30 m out of the water.

[PBKAC]
Alpha Tester
207 posts
1,259 battles

A BB is *supposed* to be devastating - *if* it manages to hit you, *if* it manages to hit you at the right angle and orientation, *if* it manages to hit you in the right spot and *if* the normalised trajectory then carries that shell in somewhere vulnerable.

That's a lotta iffing.

You got one shot by a behemoth - roll with it!

[BMRSF]
420 posts
1,221 battles

Sorry this is very very wrong.  Hood was a battle cruiser and had very light amour, and none to speak of on its deck (it was due to dry dock to have its citidel up amoured but WW2 ensured that never happened.  The Bismark's plunging fire went through almost no amour and hit the 2nd turret magazine.  The resulting explosion blew the shp in half and its back 30 m out of the water.

Armour: Belt: 12–6 in (305–152 mm)
Deck: 0.75–3 in (19–76 mm)
Barbettes: 12–5 in (305–127 mm)
Turrets: 15–11 in (381–279 mm)
Conning tower: 11–9 in (279–229 mm)
Bulkheads: 4–5 in (102–127 mm)

Sorry you are wrong 

HMS Hood are really More like LIght Battleship (or we can say Fast battleship) 

She has quite Heavy Armour in there (taken from Wikipedia) (you can say this is not Ideal Sources though)

Amagi on contrary are not Battleship she is true Battlecruiser (Only have max 256mm)

Edited by Ephys

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Armour: Belt: 12–6 in (305–152 mm)
Deck: 0.75–3 in (19–76 mm)
Barbettes: 12–5 in (305–127 mm)
Turrets: 15–11 in (381–279 mm)
Conning tower: 11–9 in (279–229 mm)
Bulkheads: 4–5 in (102–127 mm)

Sorry you are wrong 

HMS Hood are really More like LIght Battleship (or we can say Fast battleship) 

She has quite Heavy Armour in there (taken from Wikipedia) (you can say this is not Ideal Sources though)

Amagi on contrary are not Battleship she is true Battlecruiser (Only have max 256mm)

Hood was still classified as a battlecruiser: less heavily armoured but faster than her contemporary battleships. Compare her to her contemporary superdreadnought battleships, such as the Iron Duke-class or Queen Elizabeth-class.

Edited by Syanda

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Still it has Heavy armour for a Battlecruiser

Not particularly heavy. Battlecruiser armor is geared more towards resisting cruiser-grade weaponry. Battleship weaponry (or guns mounted by other battlecruisers) will penetrate it with no major issues. While Hood was an acceptable design for WWI, her armour was woefully inadequate by the 1920s.

[BMRSF]
420 posts
1,221 battles

Armor:

This is Armour of Kongou Battleship (She literally called battleship you know) 

now think about it

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Harpoon, no need for allcaps and increased fontsize, man.

Ephys, Kongo started as a battlecruiser, not a battleship. If you want to consider the armour, grab Nagato's instead. Also, not just the armour numbers, but the citadel design. It's easy to look at the ship's statistics in isolation and say "Oh yeah, it's the most armoured battlecruiser/fast battleship". But that doesn't mean much when you consider the conditions in which Hood was destroyed: She was struck by a battleship shell (which her armour was never designed to resist) in probably one of her least armoured zones, causing a magazine detonation that sunk her in minutes.

As to the OP: Yes, this is what happens in real life when a non-capital ship is hit by capital ship weaponry, or heck, when a capital ship's citadel is penetrated. Destroyers carry virtually no armour whatsoever, and cruisers have no business taking battleship fire. The issue is that battleship guns are not only slow reloading, but have a considerable dispersion. Outside of 10km, it's a challenge to land consistent hits on anything other than another battleship. One of the loading screen tips tells you how to avoid it: When you see enemy ships ranging in on you, start tacking to port or starboard to throw off the aiming calculations. 

Alpha Tester
90 posts
694 battles

What about difference in speed anyone think the carriers and battleships are too fast. I find it hard chasing them around in my DD they can pretty much do the same speed in straight line. I only get lucky if they turn and lose momentum.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Armor:

This is Armour of Kongou Battleship (She literally called battleship you know) 

now think about it

So my statement is true after all

While she was a battlecruiser (Which never intended to face Battleship directly)

She Had Best armor then Any Battlecruiser Ever Built (Amagi were not even thicker)

So who said her armor is as thin as paper?

[BMRSF]
420 posts
1,221 battles

Come on Speed of DD can go for 39 knots (using Minekaze though) 

For BB's and BC's So there's no wrong on BB's and BC's  it just their Reconstruction though 

For AdamPurkis

Safe sailing. 

you need to see how to Evade Shells salvo. its not like... meh im being one shotted its OP 

no its not that 

remember WoWS arent WoT 

in WoWS all tier nearly Same.... 

if you want to try.. try to use BB's and you can comment it :) you know its hard to evade torpedo when using Battleship

Edited by Ephys

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

What about difference in speed anyone think the carriers and battleships are too fast. I find it hard chasing them around in my DD they can pretty much do the same speed in straight line. I only get lucky if they turn and lose momentum.

Plan the Time to strike

History Wise

What are you trying to chase? Nelson?

When they add HMS Incomparable, you can cry

Edited by Harpoon01

Sign in to follow this