You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CrimsonGabri

How to change your commander picture

15 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,422 posts
38 battles

This is just a tiny mod~ to change the profile picture of an commander control your ship, it pretty easy

Step one: Get a desire picture, i'm using my CV Langley so i take this image

i know i know this isnt Langley but.......bleh it doesnt matter much

2TNtciY.jpg

Now in order to change this pic to your commander pic you need too remove the back ground and of course resize the pic, the good size for commander pic is 200 x 184

l1fsACy.png

That the pic i want

Step two: go to [Where you put WoWs]/ res / gui / crew commander / base / [which nation you want to change ]

you will see pics of default commander, in my case i already mod some haha~

jtDrmES.png

Langley is base_3_11 so remove the old profile and add the one i want [ you have to change the right name or it wont work]

rQdRb6R.png

Step 3: Restart the game and...

JMRkCcp.jpg

we are done!, simple right? :teethhappy:

if you want the big profile pic is fine too, in my case i want it to balance so i use 200 x 184

when you in gui you can see consumable or account level etc, i think those can be mod too but i havent try~ up to you to discover. Thanks for reading

Alpha Tester
27 posts
321 battles

Nice guide.

Worth reading.

Will try that ASAP.

Thanks.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

FYI - instead of putting modded files in the res folder, use the res_mods folder. This means you won't overwrite game files while modding the game. The res_mods folder contains folders with all the various game versions. When you want to use a mod, recreate the file path in the appropriate version folder. 

So for example, in the above guide, you want to mod the commander portrait in res / gui / crew commander / base / [which nation you want to change ].

Put the file in res_mods / [Game Version] / gui / crew commander / base / [which nation you want to change].

Whenever the game updates, you can simple drag the contents of your mod folder to the latest version folder.

496 posts
4,163 battles

This is just a tiny mod~ to change the profile picture of an commander control your ship, it pretty easy

2TNtciY.jpg

Now in order to change this pic to your commander pic you need too remove the back ground and of course resize the pic, the good size for commander pic is 200 x 184

l1fsACy.png

That the pic i want

Step two: go to [Where you put WoWs]/ res / gui / crew commander / base / [which nation you want to change ]

jtDrmES.png

Langley is base_3_11 so remove the old profile and add the one i want [ you have to change the right name or it wont work]

rQdRb6R.png

JMRkCcp.jpg

if you want the big profile pic is fine too, in my case i want it to balance so i use 200 x 184

when you in gui you can see consumable or account level etc, i think those can be mod too but i havent try~ up to you to discover. Thanks for reading

you should do the ship icon modding also it's simple and easy but just remember to remind people the size will need to be changed to the proper pixel

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

that muppet might actually hit something lol

Well, he is the Captain Joseph K. Powers of the United States battleship Wyoming. :coin:

2 posts
163 battles
On 3/4/2015 at 1:16 PM, CrimsonGabri said:

Reveal hidden contents

2TNtciY.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

l1fsACy.png

That the pic i want

Reveal hidden contents

jtDrmES.png

Reveal hidden contents

rQdRb6R.png

Reveal hidden contents

JMRkCcp.jpg

tell me how to know langley is base_3_11