Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Corlione1

Test 0.8.2 new entry format - features build up

2 comments in this topic

[-AWN-]
[-AWN-]
25 posts
14,389 battles

The first time I opened version 0.8.2, as an experienced player, I thought something was wrong, as features seemed to be missing. My initial feeling was 'what kinda drugs are these guys on', or, 'the poor guy who deployed this version is going to be fired';  but then I realised that there was method to the WoW Devs madness.

So the new playing format would seem to be an introductory format designed for new players to ease into the game slowly, so that as they play, new features are presented to them in an orderly manner. This is great for new players, and it may need some user tweaking.

But it will be a shock to current players - note some other feedback in the PT forum. You'll need to try and work on comms to smooth this change in, well before it hits the screens. This is real Organisational Change Management stuff that needs to be done to prepare for the current players. If you don't, then no worries,  we'll get over it, once we've hammered your Service Desk for at least a week, and accused WoWs of losing the plot, a few times 🙂.

Issue: BTW, there is a glitch on the Battle type. My screen did show that 'Random Battles' was available after the update (I can't remember if I played a Random Battle). But once I had selected Co-op Battle, I could not re-select Random Battles again (it's icon disappeared). This was disconcerting for current players who take an upgrade, and I assume it is a bug.

I did get Random Battles back after playing a Co-op battle or two. So I get what you are trying to do, to ease new players into the game features.

• Cool 1

373 posts

Hello, commander! Thank you for being participated in the PT.

We are now gathering all the feedback and will try our best to improve the game environment.

Sign in to follow this