You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ordrazz

Get rid of these cheat rocket planes now !!!

95 comments in this topic

[HMAS_]
2,005 posts
13,972 battles

I'm sick of these cheat rocket planes, they come along & spot you within 30 seconds of the game starting, they attack you & start fires, after you got rid of those fires  they attack again with the same Squadron, & start more fires which you can't heal, then along comes the bomber planes & do the same thing by attacking two or three times in each squadron, then along comes torp planes & attack you from different angles multiple times in the one Squadron, then they start all over again with no let up because the bloody damn rocket planes come back again !!!!

it's just a continual non-stop targeting by the CVs, because each CV has three different ways to continue to attack you until you are sunk....

I'm talking battleship & cruiser experience here, its bad for dds as well..... It makes all the players turn into stupid lemmings,  clumping together like dog poo, to try & hold off the CV attacks, which in turn spoils game play because no one will push !!!! 

& the clumps end up getting sunk anyway, or the game ends in a loss because of incessant clumping !!!

Is this the goal of WG ???  To turn us all into dog poo??

@GOMBEE8626

Delete the rocket planes & bring back the fighters, then the ships can at least have a breather & try to be effective, & the CVs can at least try to help their fleet again with fighter planes...   This triple way of attack is too toxic, too strong, especially when the CV player hunts down lower tier ships just to make a kill..... It almost completely shuts down any attempt or chance at normal gameplay...

People now control their planes, whoopee, you did it...... That's fine, but bring back fighters & get rid of rocket planes.......

I'm sick of all these poo pileups in each match, & me getting focussed non stop because I don't join the pile.... That's not how to play warships....... There's no joy in poo, with the exception of getting rid of it....

Otherwise, you may as well make a new map called "flush", & put a big whirlpool in the middle, & the ships can get caught in it, & they will spiral into the middle & disappear...

& yes, I do realise that this resembles a daily activity.... But please be aware that the game is beginning to as well...

Get rid of the rocket planes....

:Smile-angry:

Ordrazz

• Cool 11
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,340 posts
5,187 battles

This is why i am unable to touch CV . I regret sold my kaga because of these broken rocket.

404 posts
3,047 battles
17 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

This is why i am unable to touch CV . I regret sold my kaga because of these broken rocket.

I 'accidentally' brought a British CV off the Arsenal and I noticed that I cant sell it.  Nice try WG but im gonna try to sell it first thing when the early access season ends! 

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,340 posts
5,187 battles
2 minutes ago, Stormcloak_Rebel said:

I 'accidentally' brought a British CV off the Arsenal and I noticed that I cant sell it.  Nice try WG but im gonna try to sell it first thing when the early access season ends! 

Remember , think these as Battlepass. You need to sell borken's CV.

[LBAS]
2,594 posts
12,572 battles

WG: Lets add more rocket planes to kill DDs

CVs :Smile_playing:

DDs: :Smile_sad:

Nerf DDs more i suppose, but buff their concealment. :Smile_trollface:

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I
  • Bad 1

[LNA]
1,991 posts
12,560 battles

If you turn off your dang AA he wont notice you until too late to start an attack run.

He would have to guess a lot even with rdf, you have the vision to help you dodge aimed attacks.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,070 posts
9,395 battles
1 hour ago, Ordrazz said:

they attack you & start fires, after you got rid of those fires  they attack again with the same Squadron, & start more fires which you can't heal

I would suggest not using DCP on fires if you are going to be attacked by the same squadron.  Especially in a BB where you can heal it all back, that's just asking to have all your health removed.

The new meta is to push with small diverse groups, it's quite engaging play.  If you're going to go a flank alone in your BB, you better be very capable of dealing with planes, because the CV is constantly looking for the target they can hit most effectively, and a solo BB is very high up on that list.

Also, RF's are the least of your problems in a BB, they have the least health so are the easiest to shoot down, and they do the least damage to you.

1 hour ago, Ordrazz said:

it's just a continual non-stop targeting by the CVs, because each CV has three different ways to continue to attack you until you are sunk....

This is a positioning problem.  If you are being continually targeted by CV's in your BB, I absolutely guarantee you that you are in the wrong position.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 2

714 posts
19,634 battles

I think CVs are in a much better place than they were but I agree that two on each team does make it a bit overwhelming to combat. There's just no respite. Single CVs however, I think make for more interesting game play.

• Cool 3

[LBAS]
1,464 posts

DD air concealment buff are only good in open sea (standard battle) because DD can go entire map.

but in capping objective, air concealment buff is Completely meaningless, area to spot DD is narrow down into just cap circle which easily spot them.

smoke up? there's radar~~~~ .

currently meta is grouping and lemming, nothing more.

if team camp, I'll camp.

if team push, I'll push.

that's all.

I'll just go with the flow like a island's wind (shimakaze)

• Cool 1

[TDA]
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,116 posts
7,703 battles

Lol, you know things are out of control when Ordrazz creates a ragepost. 

[SH0T]
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
26 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

Lol, you know things are out of control when Ordrazz creates a ragepost. 

Gives you an idea how much fun it is for DD's doesnt it? lol

[TDA]
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,116 posts
7,703 battles
1 hour ago, dieselhead said:

Gives you an idea how much fun it is for DD's doesnt it? lol

As a DD main, I stopped playing Random Battles about 5 months ago.

Lately, I played a few PvP for the clan battle thing - using a DD. This has been the only exception. And these 5 or 6 games have been the only ones where I have experienced the new CV meta. Not enough to form an opinion.

I get my kicks from the Operations. DDs excel in some of these...

I'm not going to play something that repeatedly shits me off. 

More people should do the same.

If enough people stopped playing PvP, it may force WGs hand into re-evaluating how they're managing the game. 

• Cool 3

[SH0T]
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
13 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

As a DD main, I stopped playing Random Battles about 5 months ago.

Lately, I played a few PvP for the clan battle thing - using a DD. This has been the only exception. And these 5 or 6 games have been the only ones where I have experienced the new CV meta. Not enough to form an opinion.

I get my kicks from the Operations. DDs excel in some of these...

I'm not going to play something that repeatedly shits me off. 

More people should do the same.

If enough people stopped playing PvP, it may force WGs hand into re-evaluating how they're managing the game. 

I'd go back to sc2 but you have to think way too much in that game haha

[LGND]
430 posts
10,748 battles

i already request for CV should got delayed when battle start, yeah like old cv mechanice u need wait 30 sec or 40 sec /squadron to launch aircraft.... but current cv meta at beginning of battle they already reach our team territory to scout and attack ( RIP DD who still afk waiting to connect to game)..
and for rocket they need nerf the armor penetration, its damn hurt u know for cruiser/DD lose 3k/5k everytime they attack us.... IMHO

• Cool 4

[LNA]
1,991 posts
12,560 battles
4 hours ago, Gesterbein said:

i already request for CV should got delayed when battle start, yeah like old cv mechanice u need wait 30 sec or 40 sec /squadron to launch aircraft.... but current cv meta at beginning of battle they already reach our team territory to scout and attack ( RIP DD who still afk waiting to connect to game)..
and for rocket they need nerf the armor penetration, its damn hurt u know for cruiser/DD lose 3k/5k everytime they attack us.... IMHO

Only tiny tim can ever really hurt cruiser that reliably, and rockets are a giant rng fest. Most won't survive the return trip early on as the team is still sticking together.

Losing 1 or 2 plane for 3k to 5k damage a pop is not worth it.

However , assembly time for carriers is surely a good change.

[ULAG]
905 posts
8,975 battles

Remove DoT from carriers...solves half the issues. Right now they can light fires and set floods on anyone anywhere any time they wish without any counterplay. 

Seriously though, When will we have a counterplay mechanic for CVs?:etc_swear:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[911]
490 posts
23 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

If you turn off your dang AA he wont notice you until too late to start an attack run.

He would have to guess a lot even with rdf, you have the vision to help you dodge aimed attacks.

First thing I do is turn my aa to one sector for the buff, then after buff on, turn it off. 

Pre-plan your cap with exit. Have your buff aa towards most likely plan direction. when you get spotted, aa on and smoke if needed. turn aa off when planes out of air spotting. They won't see you anymore and have terrible attack runs. 

[ULAG]
905 posts
8,975 battles
3 minutes ago, BunnyDragon said:

First thing I do is turn my aa to one sector for the buff, then after buff on, turn it off. 

FYI there is a setting that allows you to strengthen AA sector even while AA is switched off... can't remember the correct name of the settings but its pretty straightforward to find. It removes the hassle of changing sectors on the fly.

Hope this helps:Smile_Default:

Edited by _TAMAL_

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,070 posts
9,395 battles
1 hour ago, _TAMAL_ said:

Remove DoT from carriers...solves half the issues. Right now they can light fires and set floods on anyone anywhere any time they wish without any counterplay. 

RTS CV's could outright delete ships, so WG specifically changed CV's from a huge alpha class to a dot class, to give targets the opportunity to react.  I'm pretty confident you don't want the alternative to return.

1 hour ago, _TAMAL_ said:

Seriously though, When will we have a counterplay mechanic for CVs?

What is AA?  There's an entire game system designed to counter CV's. 

There are also plenty of play options to neutralise or minimise the effect of CV's.  If you're completely outplaying the enemy CV through your intelligent positioning and skilled maneuvering, that gives your CV the opportunity to completely out damage their CV and that goes a long way to winning the game.

• Cool 4

[ULAG]
905 posts
8,975 battles
2 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

I'm pretty confident you don't want the alternative to return.

LOL...with the current state, I'd be perfectly fine if they brought RTS back. Atleast it would bring the CV player count to what it was before, which was basically non-existent, which in return would make the game "playable" again:Smile_teethhappy:

What is AA?

"An RNG based useless mechanic with zero skills involved thet creates a 'False Sense of Security' and/or leads the 'victim' to believe he is doing 'something' against an ever powerful threat..."

There's an entire game system designed to counter CV's. 

Please use that word carefully. Whatever we do to mitigate CV's disturbance is by no means a counter. All we can do is shoot down planes. Now shooting down plane doesnt mean countering, because:

1. The Carrier doesn't lose HP with plane loss, so it is perfectly safe behind enemy line

2. And this is important : You don't gain any points for your team by shooting down planes nor does the enemy lose any points. 

As a result, by mitigating CV disturbance, you are not helping your team. Now you would say it paves the way for your teammates to do their job which you also mentioned here :

If you're completely outplaying the enemy CV through your intelligent positioning and skilled maneuvering, that gives your CV the opportunity to completely out damage their CV and that goes a long way to winning the game.

Which brings me to the final point

Any class of ship that requires multiple class of ships to work together to neutralize/counter it is UNBALANCED

If we take CVs out of the equation, we'll see that each and every ship in the game, respective to their tier MM spread(and even beyond that in some cases) has complete capability of countering any other ship that it faces.

Now lets try to relate... There are a few ships that we call overpowered or unbalanced...Belfast, Stalingrad etc comes into mind. Do you know why they are Overpowered/Unbalanced? Because they require(in a lot of cases) multiple ships working together to counter. CVs on the other hand require multiple ships to work together to counter it every single time. There is no exception to this. period. You can lone wolf against a Stalingrad and still mayb win 5 out of 10 times but you will never win against a CV alone. This is what makes them stupidly game breaking and nonsensical. 

I hope I made my points clear.:Smile_honoring:

Edited by _TAMAL_
  • Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[TLS]
3,012 posts
18,414 battles
9 minutes ago, _TAMAL_ said:

LOL...with the current state, I'd be perfectly fine if they brought RTS back. Atleast it would bring the CV player count to what it was before, which was basically non-existent, which in return would make the game "playable" again:Smile_teethhappy:

I would still prefer the RTS system but eventually the balance for this pathetic excuse for a rework will be achieved and we will have i) unicum players occupying the top of the food chain again in their CVs versus ii) cv novices that cannot assist their team. Hmm... This sounds familiar... OH WAIT. The previous RTS system was like that. This "rework" has basically temporarily levelled the playing field but will not change anything regarding unbalanced matchmaking matchups in the future. BTW, the count will die down eventually. It's just that everyone and their pet is trying to find exploits it out.

PS. When I cannot deal enough damage to sink 11 stationary, non-firing Moskvas plus a moving capper in training room with a Haku in 20 minutes, something is wrong.

453 posts
9,669 battles

So you guys complaining something like this? Only happened when BB are so out of position and isolated.

unknown-9.png

[911]
490 posts
5 hours ago, _TAMAL_ said:

FYI there is a setting that allows you to strengthen AA sector even while AA is switched off... can't remember the correct name of the settings but its pretty straightforward to find. It removes the hassle of changing sectors on the fly.

Hope this helps:Smile_Default:

With my game settings, it turns aa back on. 

Thanks though.

(No, not going to change my settings, potato computer, don't need it freaking out. :fish_boom:

[MRI]
2,680 posts
12,935 battles
2 hours ago, _TAMAL_ said:

Any class of ship that requires multiple class of ships to work together to neutralize/counter it is UNBALANCED

By that definition though, DDs are unbalanced too.

As a BB, there is absolutely no way to counter a stealth torping DD without outside help.

• Cool 1

[EX0]
336 posts
17,180 battles
7 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

By that definition though, DDs are unbalanced too.

As a BB, there is absolutely no way to counter a stealth torping DD without outside help.

that's more like a rock-paper-scissor analogy which is fine. Personally im no longer interested in the current meta because the harassment gameplay.