Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Drifter083

Premium ship quests from Air Supply Containers

5 comments in this topic

[TOX1C]
5 posts
5,080 battles

I'm normally behind WG with most things they do, but the "reward" for having a duplicate ship out of the current containers is pretty weak.  Instead of giving the usual compensation in doubloons, they seem to be offering the sale price of the ship in credits.  So instead of the $45 and $75 ships that I would have gotten had I not already purchased them, I picked up some credits.  Not even a lot of credits.  Just some.  

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
781 posts
13,330 battles

WG mentioned upfront that the reward for duplicate ships would be credits for this event. It has been credits instead of doubloons for duplicate ships for other events in the past also.

Knowing beforehand what the compensation would be and getting that exact compensation is no grounds to have a whinge. I would like an island in the Maldives instead of what WG told me I would get :Smile-_tongue:

I had all of them except for Vanguard, which I would have bought eventually anyway. I bought 20 containers and I received the missions for Vanguard, Hood and Duke of York. Vanguard is now in my port for less than the cost of me buying the ship from the prem store. Plus the added bonus of a completed collection, many special signals, some camos and many millions of credits in compensation for the 2 duplicate ships. I knew what I was getting before buying and I got exactly what was stated. Nothing to complain about.

[INDIA]
[INDIA]
8 posts
3,173 battles

Buying Air Supply containers is an absolute gambling, and be advised the probability of getting premium ships is less than 5%.So basically WG wants you to give them loads and loads of money for maybe a bleak chance of getting a ship which you may or may not like in the end.

The prices are really extravagant.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
1,070 posts
7,026 battles

I got DoY from free container, she is rubbish compared to my Hood and Nelson....But she is free :cap_like:

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,077 posts
9,431 battles
On 3/9/2019 at 12:44 PM, HobartAWD said:

WG mentioned upfront that the reward for duplicate ships would be credits for this event. It has been credits instead of doubloons for duplicate ships for other events in the past also.

They did mention it in the article on the containers.

It's still absolute rubbish though.  These premium ships cannot be purchased for credits, they are purchased for cash or doubloons.  So they should reward doubloons if you get them again.  It's pretty straight forward, and I bet plenty more people would have bought these containers if they actually rewarded what they should reward.

Basically there is a two tiered reward structure - those who don't have the premiums get thousands of doubloons worth of ship, and those who do already have the ships get credits, which are effectively worthless to many people.  You're being penalised for having the ships, which is probably not what they want to do to what are clearly their paying customers.

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this