bbc_victor

about the battleship?

14 comments in this topic

[XHKX]
[XHKX]
1 post
4,186 battles

german bettleship in Asia servers is work?

why the range is so short?other t10 bettleship range more that the range 

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,593 posts
7,352 battles
On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 5:48 PM, bbc_victor said:

Because its not a ship to sit on the edge line and camp.

Actually play with some stones and get in and use it for what its designed to do.  Brawl.

[BLESS]
7 posts
4,969 battles

I don't see many KM bbs in random battle specially bismarck, tirpitz , tirpitz B and fdg. may be people avoid playing them because they are one of the lowest performers tier for tier. 

they have low range because their dispersion is horrible. hitting something at 22/23 km with them is pure luck even when aimed well.

IMO their range is fine. there are not many players who can consistently hit targets beyond 15-16km specially when the target is maneuvering. also german ap shells lack penetration(even the 420s) . beyond 16 km there are more bounces and shatters when hitting other bbs. 

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,593 posts
7,352 battles
5 hours ago, wildanimal_1 said:

I don't see many KM bbs in random battle specially bismarck, tirpitz , tirpitz B and fdg. may be people avoid playing them because they are one of the lowest performers tier for tier. 

Lowest performing BBs on the Asia server are 

T10. Yamato 48.9% WR

T9. Izumo 48.9%WR

T8 Tirptiz 48.9% WR

T7. Colorado. 50.3%

T6. Fuso and Bayern tied at 50.9

T5. New York. 49.3%

T4 Myogi. 48.9%

T3 South Carolina 49.9%

(stats taken from Wows-numbers)

Note that some of the poorest performing ships are also the most popular.

[BLESS]
7 posts
4,969 battles
29 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Lowest performing BBs on the Asia server are 

T10. Yamato 48.9% WR

T9. Izumo 48.9%WR

T8 Tirptiz 48.9% WR

T7. Colorado. 50.3%

T6. Fuso and Bayern tied at 50.9

T5. New York. 49.3%

T4 Myogi. 48.9%

T3 South Carolina 49.9%

(stats taken from Wows-numbers)

Note that some of the poorest performing ships are also the most popular.

I think winrate mostly depends on team . a player and a ship may have good average damage but poor winrate. german BBs t7 and above are one of the lowest performers tier for tier in terms of avg damage they do.

G.K - 81051 (lowest of all T10 bbs)

Fdg - 56940 (second from the bottom)

tirpitz - 49579 (second from the bottom)

tirpitz b - 48530 (lowest of all t8 bbs)

gneisenau - 47807 (second from the bottom )

IMO WR of a ship doesn't influence its popularity. GK has better win rate than yamato. but I see more yamatos in T10 matches because yamato is more accurate and does more consistent damage than GK.

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,593 posts
7,352 battles
28 minutes ago, wildanimal_1 said:

IMO WR of a ship doesn't influence its popularity. GK has better win rate than yamato. but I see more yamatos in T10 matches because yamato is more accurate and does more consistent damage than GK.

I would agree partially.  Its popular for more reasons than its accuracy.  

1.  Its attractive to people who think it will perform as it was meant to perform historically. (Tiger 1 in WOT has a similar following)

2 Weaboos.

Beta Tester
2,410 posts
7,238 battles
On 3/8/2019 at 2:48 PM, bbc_victor said:

german tier x battleship is hard to stop force. she the only one i know ship that cant be lolpen by yamato class 18" guns. basically her role is to lead an organize push. her main weakness are torpedo and aircraft. but she's very resistant to AP and HE when angled. i hate shooting this ship.

113 posts
4,966 battles

if all BB players are same skill level.

nobody can beat German BB with brawl.

so 
German BB  is't good in Asia server's random mode because most player like to camp

Edited by RX83

6 posts
518 battles

So German battleships are more ideal in close quarters. 

My question is, what methods do some of you employ to get close to enemy ships quickly? 

5 posts
971 battles
On 3/18/2019 at 7:33 PM, TheHolyAsdf said:

My question is, what methods do some of you employ to get close to enemy ships quickly? 

Because German BB and Cruiser are known as Secondary Specialized as their Secondary gun are higher fire chance,accurate,quick reload and their secondary range are farther than  other nation(not count premium USN BB Massachusetts)

[AN-DO]
654 posts
9,659 battles
On 3/19/2019 at 1:33 AM, TheHolyAsdf said:

You dont get close quickly. you play the first part of the game at stand off distances wearing down the enemy, once they have lost a few ships and have taken some damage then you push in. basically you use the tankiness of german BBs to get in close, there is no way to close the gap to a brawl quickly but your ability to tank damage (especially in the GK) allows you to close the gap, and the closer you get the better your armour is and the more lethal you become too. The key is just to wait for the right moment because if you charge in at the start thinking you are invincible (common for Bismarck captains it seems) you will simply be worn down by volume of fire. in GK it isn't the other BBs that kill you when you push its the cruiser spam. So do what BBs should do and target CAs and CLs first. in GK I'm not worried about a Yamato, I'm more worried about a well positioned Worcester or Des Moines that can wear me down without my ability to return fire

[LN]
20 posts
6,445 battles

in line BB Ger it's design for CQC. If you play BB Gern in match have cyclone you will see it's very good CQC and you have good armor in under 8km 

[NFB]
1,327 posts
13,943 battles
On 3/28/2019 at 11:01 AM, blauflamme22 said:

You dont get close quickly. you play the first part of the game at stand off distances wearing down the enemy, once they have lost a few ships and have taken some damage then you push in. basically you use the tankiness of german BBs to get in close, there is no way to close the gap to a brawl quickly but your ability to tank damage (especially in the GK) allows you to close the gap, and the closer you get the better your armour is and the more lethal you become too. The key is just to wait for the right moment because if you charge in at the start thinking you are invincible (common for Bismarck captains it seems) you will simply be worn down by volume of fire. in GK it isn't the other BBs that kill you when you push its the cruiser spam. So do what BBs should do and target CAs and CLs first. in GK I'm not worried about a Yamato, I'm more worried about a well positioned Worcester or Des Moines that can wear me down without my ability to return fire

I agree with this post.

If a BB is focused by several ships, it will not survive long. That’ not even necessarily several BB’s, but just 2 or 3 cruisers can burn a BB to death easily.

Let’s say the last two surviving ships in a match are a Fuso and a Bayern, both full health.

The Fuso captain will try to fight from a long distance, where he can take advantage of his long range and more accurate 14” guns, preferable he will score hits with plunging fire on the Bayern.

The Bayern will try to get close, probably under 11-12km, because her 15” guns pack a punch, but have horrible dispersion. Also, Bayern’s armor scheme means that at close range the Fuso will not be able to citadel him when he has a good chance to citadel the Fuso. If the Bayern has a secondaries build, the Bayern captain would try to get within 7km of the Fuso, to make those work, and have even better chances citadelling the Fuso.

In general, to get close, use the ship’s concealment or cover of islands.

That said, driving a brawler like the Bayern does not mean it is a good idea you charge to get in close early in the game, no matter what. That just gets you killed.