Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ShaddowAU

International Women's Day - Celebration/Rewards ???

34 comments in this topic

192 posts

March 8 (today) is "International Women's Day" and in celebration of 50% of the world's population Wargaming did what... oh they put just 1 earnable IWD camo in the 'Fly! Strike! Win!' event, wow!?!?, the girls playing this game must be parting like its 1999. I thought WG's Valentine's Day response was p!$$ poor, this is even better. And to earn this 1 camo you need to shot down 15 aircraft in Random Battles. I'm struggling to even find matches now with CVs in them to shot aircraft down, so just 1 IWD camo that in really difficult to unlock, yeah!!!. As a guy I was just hoping to get some free pink camos (yeah I watched 'Operation Petticoat' on the TV the other day so I want some pink ships now) but I imagine if I was a girl I'd probably be really angry at this. Their is still time, maybe WG will pull something out of their butts, like with Valentine's Day, trying to get you to buy something from the Premium Shop yet again.

PS. To anyone who clicked on this topic thinking there would be a code here to get some free camos or a flag, or something/anything, sorry but maybe someone from Wargaming might be so kind as to post such a code here, and in doing so prove me wrong.

PPS: Correction - There is actually 4 IWD camos you can unlock through the 'Fly! Strike! Win!' event, still hoop dee f'ing doo. The last of these requires you to shoot down another 20 aircraft. I've been playing for hours today trying to shoot down the first lot of 15, I've got 4 so far, this is painful.

Edited by ShaddowAU
  • Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,593 posts
7,352 battles

There are a million events that don't get anything in WOWS.  What makes today any different to breast cancer day or any men's depression or any other cause?   Does every day noted in a calendar mean you should get something for free?

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 2

[AUSFF]
64 posts
13,169 battles
Just now, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Does every day noted in a calendar mean you should get something for free?

Yes:Smile_unsure:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

192 posts
13 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

There are a million events that don't get anything in WOWS.  What makes today any different to breast cancer day or any men's depression or any other cause?   Does every day noted in a calendar mean you should get something for free?

I'm not suggesting we have free camos and flags for International Dung Beatle Appreciation Day etc. but this is "International Women's Day", if you have a wife or a girlfriend try telling her IWD means nothing and then go quickly make your bed in the dog house and be prepared for a long stay there. Anyway they have already made an IWD camo so why be so stingy giving it out? They should have given people 20 of them for example and have pink warships everywhere for the day, instead WG is its usual stingy self.

Edited by ShaddowAU

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,593 posts
7,352 battles

Funnily enough I just asked her if she knew what day it was and she shrugged her shoulders and said, "So what".

• Funny 1

192 posts
4 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Funnily enough I just asked her if she knew what day it was and she shrugged her shoulders and said, "So what".

Wow, I don't know how to respond to that. I know I'd get a very different reaction if I tried to dismiss today as nothing.

[CLAY]
2,644 posts
11,986 battles
58 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Yeah, as an Australian, you get used to WG ignoring significant days, such as ANZAC day, I don't even know if they recognise Remembrance day, which is observed by most commonwealth nations.

[1-ATF]
86 posts
13,167 battles
2 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Yeah, as an Australian, you get used to WG ignoring significant days, such as ANZAC day, I don't even know if they recognise Remembrance day, which is observed by most commonwealth nations.

Remember they are Russians, they care more on communists stuff than Commonwealth related things.
And Russians always focus on the gulag ?

[CLAY]
2,644 posts
11,986 battles
1 minute ago, Jehuty_v2 said:

Remember they are Russians, they care more on communists stuff than Commonwealth related things.
And Russians always focus on the gulag ?

Yet they seem to remember US events.

Its not that they're Russian, its that Australia has a small population in WoWS (or in general), where as America is a primary market.

192 posts
11 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

They're Russians which shows how they had missions and a patch on the 23 Feb for "Defender of the Fatherland Day" (their equivalent of ANZAC day) but f#@k everyone else.

Edited by ShaddowAU

[OAKUM]
2,104 posts
15,778 battles

I want to celebrate international dung beetle day, I think its tomorrow....

These are very important to the environment, & since they are all over the world, let us raise glasses & toast these hard workers....

dung beetle ball.gif

(Ps- gimmie some free camos pleeeeese WG)

Edited by Ordrazz
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

580 posts
1,632 battles

International Woman's Day was made official Holiday first by Vladimir Lenin of the USSR.

• Cool 2

580 posts
1,632 battles
Just now, Ordrazz said:

These are very important to the environment, & since they are all over the world, let us raise glasses & toast these hard workers....

dung beetle ball.gif

Dung beetle refused to roll balls once they came to Australia

• Funny 1

[TDA]
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,199 posts
8,161 battles
38 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

There will never be an Anzac event.

Legislation prevents it.

The Protection of Word 'Anzac' Regulations 1921 (Cth) state that:

'no person may use the word 'Anzac', or any word resembling it, in connection with any trade, business, calling or profession or in connection with any entertainment or any lottery or art union or as the name or part of a name of any private residence, boat, vehicle of charitable or other institution, or other institution, or any building without the authority of the Minister for Veterans' Affairs.'

This means there will never be a WG designed 'ANZAC Flag' grouped together with such meaningful flags as Secret Santa or Yosaka Girls High School.

Sorry to be party pooper.

• Cool 2

192 posts
1 minute ago, AntifoulAwl said:

Legislation prevents it.

'no person may use the word 'Anzac', or any word resembling it, in connection with any trade, business, calling or profession or in connection with any entertainment or any lottery or art union or as the name or part of a name of any private residence, boat, vehicle of charitable or other institution, or other institution, or any building without the authority of the Minister for Veterans' Affairs.'

This means there will never be a WG designed 'ANZAC Flag' grouped together with such meaningful flags as Secret Santa or Yosaka Girls High School.

They could do (but they won't) so far as it is not used in promotion of WoWS and it is given free to players. Beside Russian don't care about our laws.

192 posts
7 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

dung beetle ball.gif

(Ps- gimmie some free camos pleeeeese WG)

Hey design a camo, flag or patch for it and submit it to WG. I'd love to have a flag with a dung beetle walking backwards rolling a turd, I think it sums up this game sometimes.

• Funny 1

[TDA]
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,199 posts
8,161 battles
5 minutes ago, ShaddowAU said:

They could do (but they won't) so far as it is not used in promotion of WoWS and it is given free to players. Beside Russian don't care about our laws.

No, they can't. Unless they want to face a fine.

It's against the law.

Didn't you read my post?? 

Edited by AntifoulAwl
  • Cool 1

580 posts
1,632 battles

Russian had May first Labor day. which they called International Labor/worker's day .

192 posts

No, they can't.

It's against the law.

Didn't you read my post?? 

Do you think they would try to enforce that on a Russian company, especially if they made no money from it? Its also against the Defence Act 1903 for civilians to wear Australian military uniforms, or any part of (kind of like Police uniforms), except for the purposes of theatrical productions etc. but how many people do you see running around with DPCU pants etc. or other parts of our uniforms and I don't see the Police arresting them.

[TDA]
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,199 posts
8,161 battles
Just now, ShaddowAU said:

Do you think they would try to enforce that on a Russian company, especially if they made no money from it? Its also against the Defence Act 1903 for civilians to wear Australian military uniforms, or any part of (kind of like Police uniforms), except for the purposes of theatrical productions etc. but how many people do you see running around with DPCU pants etc. or other parts of our uniforms and I don't see the Police arresting them.

Yes, they would. 

Our laws exist for a reason. 

And being based offshore does not make you above the law.

Also,

australian-camo-camouflage-dpcu-pants-size_1_2cba58fd9e3a612136b73f9a9684fca3.jpg                                  Warrant Officer Class One Ken Bullman 

One of these things is not like the other.

192 posts

Yes, they would. 

Our laws exist for a reason. 

And being based offshore does not make you above the law.

Also,

australian-camo-camouflage-dpcu-pants-size_1_2cba58fd9e3a612136b73f9a9684fca3.jpg                                  Warrant Officer Class One Ken Bullman 

One of these things is not like the other.

The Defence Act 1903 does not distinguish between the two, the law is the law.

[CLAY]
2,644 posts
11,986 battles
34 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

Legislation prevents it.

Fair Nuff

• Cool 1

[TDA]
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,199 posts
8,161 battles
5 minutes ago, ShaddowAU said:

the law is the law.

Thank you.

ps, wg would make money from such an event. Players simply logging on make revenue for wg.

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,593 posts
7,352 battles
2 hours ago, ShaddowAU said:

Wow, I don't know how to respond to that. I know I'd get a very different reaction if I tried to dismiss today as nothing.

She is a confident woman who doesn't get tied up with politicised shit or trendy subjects and will call a spade a spade.  As far as she is concerned, every day is womens day just as it is mens day.

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat
  • Cool 2

Sign in to follow this