Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SanguinusXII

What am I doing wrong?

50 comments in this topic

[BG]
Beta Tester
25 posts
6,696 battles

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do enough to consistently win in my Midway...

This was, statistically speaking, my best game with her, but no matter how well I do it feels like i always lose.

Figured i'd throw it here and maybe somebody will tell me what I'm doing wrong.

WorldOfWarships_2019-03-07_21-47-04.png

20190307_212113_PASA110-Midway_35_NE_north_winter.wowsreplay

1,158 posts
11,077 battles
20 minutes ago, SanguinusXII said:

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do enough to consistently win in my Midway...

This was, statistically speaking, my best game with her, but no matter how well I do it feels like i always lose.

You're playing CV, that's most of your problem...........

• Cool 1

305 posts
370 battles

Your mistake and [content removed] is posting midway 200k damage to forum.... Expecting some simpathy....

People hate CV so much that they will laugh at it wherever possible.

Delete this thread asap, WG is going to nerf CV even more. Huussh huuusssh

Also give me back my Hakuryu

Insults. Post edited, user warned.

~Beaufighter

305 posts
370 battles

Also as fellow CV, not mean to hate you.... Just some care.

Keep nuking surface [content removed] and don't give sheet about Win

What matter is you damage and damage. Who care about other

~Beaufighter

305 posts
370 battles
4 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

You're playing CV, that's most of your problem...........

That is mean CV is badly need buff. cV used to control flow of the battle and affect win... Now... Whut?

[CLAY]
2,376 posts
11,218 battles

I see the problem.

1. Need to sink more ships, not just cause damage.

2. Need better team.

No, I have not watched replay, just giving generic advice.

[SLAVA]
Video Contributor, Beta Tester, Clantest Coordinator
2,653 posts
13,248 battles

>CV
>242k

>Die-Hard

>1519016180082.gif.495b94828ad7de43af88f2a58256491a.gif

1,158 posts
11,077 battles
7 hours ago, Akyamarukh said:

That is mean CV is badly need buff. cV used to control flow of the battle and affect win... Now... Whut?

Now they should be removed or give us a "no CV" button. No one ship should control the game, thats most of the problem.

• Cool 1

[OAKUM]
2,075 posts
15,020 battles
6 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

The problem is perhaps not you, but maybe your team.

This is contrary to EVERY other thread on here, how can you ever even SUGGEST OR HINT, that its not the player, but the rest of the team ?? 

:Smile_ohmy:

Shame on you, it's  *never*  anything to do with other players in the team.....

Git gud 

:Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[CLAY]
2,376 posts
11,218 battles
1 hour ago, dieselhead said:

Now they should be removed or give us a "no CV" button. No one ship should control the game, thats most of the problem.

No CV button would be great. Especially when I’m in CV. Would love to be in CV and see no CV on enemy team :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[CLAY]
2,376 posts
11,218 battles
2 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

This is contrary to EVERY other thread on here, how can you ever even SUGGEST OR HINT, that its not the player, but the rest of the team ?? 

:Smile_ohmy:

Shame on you, it's  *never*  anything to do with other players in the team.....

Git gud 

:Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface:

They’re carriers, they have to carry. 😛

[MRI]
3,203 posts
14,280 battles

I feel for you OP,  but unfortunately the forums are infested with CV haters, so don't expect much sympathy here.

9 hours ago, SanguinusXII said:

In this case, the enemy team just played better. Less than 5 minutes into the game and it was already obvious which team had the advantage. The enemy cruisers had already pushed forward and taken up positions behind various central islands, while your team was still sailing in circles at spawn. And because those cruisers formed quite an effective wall of AA, that allowed their BBs to push forward.

My main criticism would be that you should have tried to spot the enemy Shimakaze. I believe the enemy Shima played a critical role in their victory - notice how the first time he was spotted in the game was when he was already in your base. The entire time he was harassing your left flank with torps while keeping them constantly spotted. From what I see, his spotting was what allowed the enemy to take out your 3 cruisers on that flank. Between the constant spots and the torp threat, your left flank was soon routed. In contrast your team's Gearing was pretty useless and spent most of the time hiding behind friendly cruisers and BBs. But because he wasn't spotting and screening for the left flank, no one was willing to push out beyond the spawns.

Anyway the Shimakaze got into the base and caused your team to bleed points, and though he was eventually taken out, the damage had already been done. Their team had map control, were up on ships and up on points. And because the map is standard battle, even if your team somehow managed to equalise the ship kills, they would still be behind on points. At that point the game was over, and all that remained was how much damage one could farm. Not totally your fault though. Your friendly Lexington did not help to spot, and neither did the Gearing. Your team did ping the minimap, though it was far too late and it was pretty easy to miss in the heat of battle.

Regardless there were some pretty questionable decisions by your team. The Lexington thought it was a good idea to attack both enemy CVs sailing together at least twice. I am not sure what the Kitakaze was trying to do (probably trying to sneak up on the enemy CVs) but it sure didn't work. Your team's Yamato on the right flank was a brave man, but unfortunately he pushed way too hard and ate some Neptune and Zao torps before getting focused down by both cruisers and the 2 enemy CVs. The Neptune was valiantly trying to support the Yamato but it was futile considering the circumstances. Imo you could actually have supported him by sailing your CV behind him to provide some AA cover since the islands would have blocked any shots at you, but I doubt it would have made a difference. Not worth the risk.

TL;DR:

Don't get too focused on dealing damage. Sometimes it is better to take a step back to get a clearer view of the flow of battle.

• Cool 5

[CLAY]
2,376 posts
11,218 battles
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

I feel for you OP,  but unfortunately the forums are infested with CV haters, so don't expect much sympathy here.

In this case, the enemy team just played better. Less than 5 minutes into the game and it was already obvious which team had the advantage. The enemy cruisers had already pushed forward and taken up positions behind various central islands, while your team was still sailing in circles at spawn. And because those cruisers formed quite an effective wall of AA, that allowed their BBs to push forward.

My main criticism would be that you should have tried to spot the enemy Shimakaze. I believe the enemy Shima played a critical role in their victory - notice how the first time he was spotted in the game was when he was already in your base. The entire time he was harassing your left flank with torps while keeping them constantly spotted. From what I see, his spotting was what allowed the enemy to take out your 3 cruisers on that flank. Between the constant spots and the torp threat, your left flank was soon routed. In contrast your team's Gearing was pretty useless and spent most of the time hiding behind friendly cruisers and BBs. But because he wasn't spotting and screening for the left flank, no one was willing to push out beyond the spawns.

Anyway the Shimakaze got into the base and caused your team to bleed points, and though he was eventually taken out, the damage had already been done. Their team had map control, were up on ships and up on points. And because the map is standard battle, even if your team somehow managed to equalise the ship kills, they would still be behind on points. At that point the game was over, and all that remained was how much damage one could farm. Not totally your fault though. Your friendly Lexington did not help to spot, and neither did the Gearing. Your team did ping the minimap, though it was far too late and it was pretty easy to miss in the heat of battle.

Regardless there were some pretty questionable decisions by your team. The Lexington thought it was a good idea to attack both enemy CVs sailing together at least twice. I am not sure what the Kitakaze was trying to do (probably trying to sneak up on the enemy CVs) but it sure didn't work. Your team's Yamato on the right flank was a brave man, but unfortunately he pushed way too hard and ate some Neptune and Zao torps before getting focused down by both cruisers and the 2 enemy CVs. The Neptune was valiantly trying to support the Yamato but it was futile considering the circumstances. Imo you could actually have supported him by sailing your CV behind him to provide some AA cover since the islands would have blocked any shots at you, but I doubt it would have made a difference. Not worth the risk.

TL;DR:

Don't get too focused on dealing damage. Sometimes it is better to take a step back to get a clearer view of the flow of battle.

Good analysis.

As a mediocre player, I often find in games where I score well and get a lot of damage and kills, it’s because my team was not doing as much. You see it all the time in a lot of video’s. All those unicums who do 250 plus damage, kill half the enemy team, but still lose because there reaches a point when you cannot carry any more. And then there are middle of the range players who may end up scoring low, and still win because their team steamrolls enemies before you get a chance. Basically, you get high persnonal scores when you’re better than the enemy, and the enemy is better than the rest of your team, but that does not always translate to a win.

Going back to the point. Damage does not mean anything unless it translates to tactical advantages and kills. Sometimes, as Thyaliad said, you need to step back and work out which actions will give you a tactical advantage towards winning. CVs have a huge tactical influence on the battle, because they can attack from any direction.

[TLS]
3,760 posts
19,497 battles

I don't need to watch the replay and I know what has already happened. What @Thyaliad commented is what I expected. This happens all too frequently and my other clan members keep on posting screencaps and venting their frustration on discord. They have to essentially carry the team and play a near flawless game. It has been commented that at times in matches, you are playing 1 vs 23 at worst case instead of 12 v 12. All I can say is go find a good div. At least then you make the odds better with 3 vs 21.

• Cool 1

[BG]
Beta Tester
25 posts
6,696 battles

Thanks all for your thoughts, @Thyaliad you went above and beyond there, really appreciate it.

I was focusing a lot on how much damage/kills i have been getting as opposed to the utility CVs bring to the fight. Now that I know what I can do to improve losing is much more bearable

...And for the bloke who was eyeing the Die Hard, that was on the enemy lexi, went around an island and suddenly there's another CV trying to banzai me. It's strange I've gotten 2 Die Hard medals on my Midway in this last week, this one and another on a cheeky shima who missed me with all his torps and didn't realise how ramming damage works.

Thanks again all. Sail dangerously.

• Cool 1

305 posts
370 battles
12 hours ago, dieselhead said:

If there is no CV, a BB Will control the flow instead.

I am fine with CV being removed, because now we have battle ship disguised as Cruiser. 

And a disguised Cruiser without Citadel....

The CV bring justice to overpopulated OP ship like that. Unlike kronstat and Stalingrad, everyone can get CV.

1,158 posts
11,077 battles
1 hour ago, Akyamarukh said:

If there is no CV, a BB Will control the flow instead.

I am fine with CV being removed, because now we have battle ship disguised as Cruiser. 

And a disguised Cruiser without Citadel....

The CV bring justice to overpopulated OP ship like that. Unlike kronstat and Stalingrad, everyone can get CV.

1 BB isnt influential enough to control the battle generally. Kron isnt OP, Stalin I would agree is OP but at least I can shoot a Stalin or torp it.

I cant do anything about a CV. He can attack and all he loses is some planes. Where is the risk to the cv player?

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
2,410 posts
7,238 battles
22 hours ago, SanguinusXII said:

first thing you need to do as CV player
1. spot all ship to give info for your ship where they will go in the first minute of the game. this will help allied ship decide where they need to go. specially dd can avoid radar ships.
2. kill enemy DD if its capping. or just light it up so allies can shell it to oblivion.
3. secure kill stop farming damage. i see lots of CV players constantly farming damage, they attack healthy battleship at the back when there are enemies nearer. they dont care on enemy dd who are out in the op.
4. have map awareness. help allies who are in dire need.

305 posts
370 battles
58 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

1 BB isnt influential enough to control the battle generally. Kron isnt OP, Stalin I would agree is OP but at least I can shoot a Stalin or torp it.

I cant do anything about a CV. He can attack and all he loses is some planes. Where is the risk to the cv player?

1 BB can be influential depend on the sheep composition. If there is only 1 BB and 8 Cruiser, i will farm +200k damage in Republique or kurfurst. Maybe Yamato player can farm more damage....

Now compare it to CV, 6 babbies waiting for getting smacked by 1 CV..... the problem is not CV.... Too much BB. CV just natural counter for battle ship.

Before CV rework it can lose all plane... Its frickin costly that a lot of player avoid playing CV....

After CV rework? Why don't play CV first and write comprehensive 100 page essay why playing CV rework Sux.

Its so funny looking at your profile picture... Its look like some aerial bomb from CV player....

[BG]
Beta Tester
25 posts
6,696 battles
2 hours ago, yansuki said:

first thing you need to do as CV player
1. spot all ship to give info for your ship where they will go in the first minute of the game. this will help allied ship decide where they need to go. specially dd can avoid radar ships.
2. kill enemy DD if its capping. or just light it up so allies can shell it to oblivion.
3. secure kill stop farming damage. i see lots of CV players constantly farming damage, they attack healthy battleship at the back when there are enemies nearer. they dont care on enemy dd who are out in the op.
4. have map awareness. help allies who are in dire need.

I am guilty of no.3, though usually when I'm doing that its because everything else is clumped up, figured it would be better to damage something and maybe shove that one loner back into his spawn or sink him while i wait for others to spread out. Ofc sometimes one does get tunnel vision on that one target... usually Musashi for me.

EDIT: I can't spell

EDIT2: Can't count either it seems.

Edited by SanguinusXII

1,158 posts
11,077 battles
On 3/8/2019 at 9:55 PM, Akyamarukh said:

1 BB can be influential depend on the sheep composition. If there is only 1 BB and 8 Cruiser, i will farm +200k damage in Republique or kurfurst. Maybe Yamato player can farm more damage....

Now compare it to CV, 6 babbies waiting for getting smacked by 1 CV..... the problem is not CV.... Too much BB. CV just natural counter for battle ship.

Before CV rework it can lose all plane... Its frickin costly that a lot of player avoid playing CV....

After CV rework? Why don't play CV first and write comprehensive 100 page essay why playing CV rework Sux.

Its so funny looking at your profile picture... Its look like some aerial bomb from CV player....

Trying to understand your dribble is funny, just like your love of CV trash.

Why cant you understand that cv's cant be balanced vs surface ships? Are you [content removed] ?

NO ONE enjoys double CV battles except the [content removed] CV players in them. For everyone else its just garbage.

All this rework has done is force your whole team to move around in a big boring clump to the same area of the map while DD tries his hardest to not die in the first 5 minutes from the perma spotting trash your CV's bring.

The new "CV" meta isn't fun or good or anything. Its just given everyone an excuse to sit in a big bunch doing nothing for half the game for fear of stupid cvs.

Fast BB's cant flank, DD's can barely spot, you cant get caught on your own or you are dead. How is that fun? Its NOT.

Dont bother replying to this because im not interested in your [content removed] .

You just continue on in your [content removed] .

~Beaufighter

• Cool 1

4,360 posts
8,303 battles
On 3/9/2019 at 12:22 AM, dieselhead said:

You just continue on in your [content removed] .

He's a troll. Expect no less (or more) from him.

305 posts
370 battles
On 3/9/2019 at 12:22 AM, dieselhead said:

Why cant you understand that cv's cant be balanced vs surface ships? Are you [content removed] ?

It can be balanced, WG just refuse to do it, instead making it more complex. There is a ton suggestion how to balance CV.,..... The result? Nein

#CV infernal spotting

CV need to press F3 at sheep to report enemy Position for ally, every sheep have its own spot duration. Cool down 10 sec. DD spot duration is 7 sec, BB spot duration is 40 sec

#Unstoppable attack

I already suggest to add manual AA. For example is like on my other thread. With this any skilled player in any sheep can telah and enjoy smash ingin CV plane

#meme DoT damage

Add new mechanic, small flood and small fire, the duration is 1/4 than normal fire or flood.

#etc

Just pinpoint the problem, every problem have its own fix. 

I cant say my suggestion is the best, but there is another ton of suggestion especially from sapper who always giving good suggestion i mean crap bulshit suggestion that may be work.

Typing those word and thinking require effort and some coffee and bread and maybe pizza. Also there is a crocoach hiding in the kitchen recently and i cannt find it. Having a clean kitchen doesnt guarantee there is no crocoach.

On 3/8/2019 at 10:01 PM, SanguinusXII said:

I am guilty of no.3, though usually when I'm doing that its because everything else is clumped up, figured it would be better to damage something and maybe shove that one loner back into his spawn or sink him while i wait for others to spread out. Ofc sometimes one does get tunnel vision on that one target... usually Musashi for me.

EDIT: I can't spell

EDIT2: Can't count either it seems.

There is a moment no matter what you did result in a lose. Farming damage is not that bad.

If you want to win more get the division. Even unicum division can lose. So move on and fight another day.

My advice is, next time do 200k damage and win the battle. Post it on forum and salty every surface [content removed] .

~Beaufighter

[PST]
17 posts
12,913 battles
On 3/7/2019 at 8:56 PM, SanguinusXII said:

your team had something wrong
you did nothing, also die hard
tf
i only once get close quarter from cv not die hard

Edited by Achmedl00lz

Sign in to follow this