Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paladinum

Finally, it's coming

30 comments in this topic

4,490 posts
8,611 battles

FINALLY

Space Assault

This mode divides players into attacking and defending teams, each comprising 9 members. Both sides have their own advantages: ships of the attacking team respawn in the starting area, while ships of the defending team gradually recover their HP. The objective of the attacking team is to destroy the defending team's base in a limited period of time. To succeed, they have to destroy the force field generators first. Each destroyed generator not only extends the available time to complete the mission, but also speeds up the HP regeneration of the defending team's ships. Losing their allies also results in faster HP restoration for the remaining defenders. Test your strength in attacking with unlimited number of "lives", or stand firmly and hold your base until the last second. The Matchmaker will decide which side you will take.

DEJA VU! I'VE BEEN IN THIS PLACE BEFORE!

Torpedo Beat

Get ready for some dynamic torpedo gameplay! Teams consisting of 5 members and playing on destroyers fight primarily with torpedo tubes, while their main battery guns operate similarly to the secondary battery guns. Ships enjoy significantly improved maneuverability and a reduction in the time it takes to reach maximum speed or stop completely. After destroying an enemy ship, one charge of the Repair Party consumable is given to the player that caused the damage, as well as to each member of the team that lost their ally. Your skills of evasion and torpedo use have never undergone such a hard test before!

[AN-DO]
654 posts
9,659 battles

Please no, I started playing this game for early 20th century naval warfare, not spaceships. Give us more real warships not flying saucers and on that same note no theoretical warship lines that never existed either.

• Cool 1

[LONER]
103 posts
3,751 battles

This isn’t a simulator. I like seeing the ships that were designed but not constructed, or laid down but not finished. I’m less keen about the totally made up ships, like the Roon and Hindenburg when there are planned ships that didn’t make it in the game. 

But that’s beside the point. I like the fun side modes. They’re temporary, and they allow WG to test new game mechanics in a live environment. 

4,490 posts
8,611 battles
53 minutes ago, blauflamme22 said:

Please no, I started playing this game for early 20th century naval warfare, not spaceships. Give us more real warships not flying saucers and on that same note no theoretical warship lines that never existed either.

This game has never been a "simulator" of anything to begin with. Maybe market or human psychology, but not naval battles.

[CLAY]
2,636 posts
11,960 battles
1 hour ago, blauflamme22 said:

If you’re playing this game for naval warfare simulations and historical accuracy, you’re playing the wrong game.

Yes, the game started being based off historical elements and ships, but that was the base, not what it was going to be. It has always been called an arcade game.

[AN-DO]
654 posts
9,659 battles

I don't mind designed but not constructed ships or ones that were laid down and not finished and I'm acutely aware this is not a simulator nor am I looking for one, but if I wanted to play a game with spaceships I'd go out and play a sci-fi game. There are ways to test mechanics that can still fit into the overall theme, like adding mine fields in the Dynamo Operation. They could have tested subs in an Atlantic convoy scenario.

• Cool 1

[LONER]
103 posts
3,751 battles

At least it's optional, so no-one is forced to drive space ships.

• Cool 1

[AN-DO]
654 posts
9,659 battles
5 minutes ago, luftkopf said:

At least it's optional, so no-one is forced to drive space ships.

Yep, which is good, don't get me wrong, I enjoy flying spaceships, just not in this game. Personally I just feel like the resources could be better used elsewhere.

• Cool 1

4,490 posts
8,611 battles

This April's Fools is a test bed for new Epicenter mode and Respawn mode for PvP. 

I really want Respawn mode in the game.

[OAKUM]
2,102 posts
15,767 battles
34 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

If you’re playing this game for naval warfare simulations and historical accuracy, you’re playing the wrong game.

Yes, the game started being based off historical elements and ships, but that was the base, not what it was going to be. It has always been called an arcade game.

While this may be true, it was never designed or was announced, that it was going to be a defacto, Manga filled spaceship-yamato pew pew game either....

If it was, they (WG) wouldn't be bothered with historical ships accuracy, true to historical shell trajectories or behaviors, physics & ship capabilities.... AND so many people complaining about CVs if it were....

There are quite a number of us "realist" players who don't like all this Manga & spaceship crap taking over....

If we wanted it we would go & play a star trek game, & if we wanted Manga we would play a Manga game, just like if we wanted to play a warplane game, we would play World Of Warplanes (not have it buggering up CVs & everyone else like it currently is)

Take the garbage somewhere else.

Ordrazz

• Cool 2

580 posts
1,629 battles
15 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I really want Respawn mode in the game.

Yes, may be with limits.  like aircraft at the moment

[TLS]
3,924 posts
19,928 battles

I want my ARP fleet with supergravity cannons. And higher top speeds for all ARP ships. And ARP carriers, which do not have planes. That will please the anti-planes people.

[LONER]
103 posts
3,751 battles
10 minutes ago, blauflamme22 said:

Yep, which is good, don't get me wrong, I enjoy flying spaceships, just not in this game. Personally I just feel like the resources could be better used elsewhere.

I can't say I entirely disagree. I'm not big on the aesthetic of the space or halloween modes, but I get the need to mix things up a bit, now and again.

• Cool 1

4,490 posts
8,611 battles
7 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

I want my ARP fleet with supergravity cannons. And higher top speeds for all ARP ships. And ARP carriers, which do not have planes. That will please the anti-planes people.

Just Klein field for my ARP Takao is great enough. Just make her invincible, that's all I want.

4,490 posts
8,611 battles

Manga, Anime, sci-fi... whatever.

I play this game for the sake of playing a game. Not because of historical ships. Not because of naval warfare.

I play this game because it's been interesting.

How many people actually play this game for the sake of playing a game?

580 posts
1,629 battles

WOWS is just a First Person Shooter MMO game.  The initially game design was a naval gun battle game.  never intended to be realistic.

I noticed my V-25 would only take about 2 min to travel 10km. that is 300km per hour. I used my gun sight to look at point before the bow and after the stern the Yamato.. The ship length was near 600 meters...

580 posts
1,629 battles

Space battle are just cosmetic only.. vessels still moving in a 2D space.. and shells still need to loop to target. meteor still fall from sky. ship still sink, ship still slow down when stopping the engine

[CLAY]
2,636 posts
11,960 battles
54 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Manga, Anime, sci-fi... whatever.

I play this game for the sake of playing a game. Not because of historical ships. Not because of naval warfare.

I play this game because it's been interesting.

How many people actually play this game for the sake of playing a game?

Except when it’s German ships 😛

And I play it for the sake of playing a game too.

[CLAY]
2,636 posts
11,960 battles
1 hour ago, Ordrazz said:

While this may be true, it was never designed or was announced, that it was going to be a defacto, Manga filled spaceship-yamato pew pew game either....

If it was, they (WG) wouldn't be bothered with historical ships accuracy, true to historical shell trajectories or behaviors, physics & ship capabilities.... AND so many people complaining about CVs if it were....

There are quite a number of us "realist" players who don't like all this Manga & spaceship crap taking over....

If we wanted it we would go & play a star trek game, & if we wanted Manga we would play a Manga game, just like if we wanted to play a warplane game, we would play World Of Warplanes (not have it buggering up CVs & everyone else like it currently is)

Take the garbage somewhere else.

Ordrazz

I wouldn’t say it’s taking over. A couple of weeks a year for weird April fools and Halloween events just breaks up the usual stuff. I don’t consider these short term things to be a main detractor.

4,490 posts
8,611 battles
10 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Except when it’s German ships 😛

Before playing this game, I have only heard of the name "Bismarck" (but didn't know that it was the name of a warship or a German politician) or "Yamato" (thanks, Starcraft). The rest of the historical warships... I was 100% ignorant of.

After a year or two of playing, I've even done this kind of things:

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 3

[MRI]
3,433 posts
14,795 battles
7 hours ago, blauflamme22 said:

Well like others have said previously, WG have been using the Halloween and April Fool's events as testbeds for new ideas and mechanics.

Plus it gives their artists and modellers something to do, and if they can sell a few camos to make some bucks, all the better for WG.

So it is basically killing two birds with one stone. Pretty good usage of resources imo.

7 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

There are quite a number of us "realist" players who don't like all this Manga & spaceship crap taking over...

Don't worry, anime and manga are far from taking over lol. The Halloween and Space Battle modes are optional. You don't have to play them if you don't want to. And you can turn off the special camos off via the filters.

The 'realist' part of me is more concerned about the nonsensical plane choices of the rework CVs. Kaga using Tenzans and Suiseis? Twin-engined, land-based interceptors being used as torpedo and dive bombers? Wut?

• Cool 1

[SLAVA]
Video Contributor, Beta Tester, Clantest Coordinator
2,747 posts
13,605 battles

WoWs : may I copy your homework?

WoT : sure but dont same my homework

• Funny 2

4,490 posts
8,611 battles

@blauflamme22 @Ordrazz With all due respect, you missed the point of my thread. It was about a new mode - Respawn, that should have been in the game for a while. This mode itself sounds game-y AF but it's common for such a game like this. I couldn't care less about the look of the ships.

Space mode itself isn't even that different from anything the game has since the beginning (gameplay wise), it just looks sci-fi. Purely aesthetics. There is no science fiction stuffs like homing torpedoes or plasma cannons or force fields. Twilight battle in Halloween 2018 is waaaaaaaaay more arcady than this with all the weird-@$$ consumables.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this