You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Nirvan_Siga

Im a returning player

11 comments in this topic

5 posts
3,793 battles

Hi all,

I used to play WoWs till about 4-5 months ago.

I primarily play BB's and quit because of how little damage DD's took from BB's at any range even with HE shells. (i mean, in what messed up scenario does a 1200 ton ship yolo head-on at a 40,000+ ton ship and win?)

I was thinking of coming back but wanted to ask around before downloading 50+gb.

What's it like? is the game still focused on camping behind islands?

Thanks in advance

P.s. reposted this here since i got no replies in the community sub-forum

[-ISO-]
1,054 posts
6,286 battles
13 minutes ago, Nirvan_Siga said:

It's still the same -_- everyone is still playing passively even after the CV rework.

741 posts
19,634 battles
41 minutes ago, Nirvan_Siga said:

i mean, in what messed up scenario does a 1200 ton ship yolo head-on at a 40,000+ ton ship and win?

In the video game world, obviously.

Real life takes a back seat to game balance.

[TLS]
3,926 posts
19,946 battles
1 hour ago, Nirvan_Siga said:

Yes.

The question is now, are you one of those battleships that sit back and do nothing useful or do you move up with your team?

Edited by dejiko_nyo
  • Cool 3

4,494 posts
8,613 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

The question is now, are you one of those battleships that sit back and do nothing useful or do you move up with your team?

+1 best question

• Cool 1

[ANZAF]
376 posts
5,569 battles
21 hours ago, Nirvan_Siga said:

i mean, in what messed up scenario does a 1200 ton ship yolo head-on at a 40,000+ ton ship and win?

The scenario where said 40,000+ ton ship has not supported his ally 1200 ton ships and instead concentrated on farming damage on far distant BBs.....

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
283 posts
7,584 battles

Don't come back not worth it, just played for a few days after having a break from the CV rework we had to have, I had heard the CV's had been patched to make things more balanced... MUAHAHAAAAaaaaaa, aahhh man, silly me for hoping :)

High tier has a huge number of games with 2 x CV per team, it all comes down to who has the better CV's. High Tier being 9 -10 for reference, all the mid tier 6-7  matches seemed to have 4 CV's more often then not. I had 2 games without CV's in T9 Ship, they were fun to play.

If you plan to play a CV that's different I expect there is some really good griefing to get in on if that's what does it for you, at least as a ship only player that's the feeling and experience I got from it.

Most surface ships are still just fodder since the CV rework, today in every game with CV's in it there were 4 of em, I haven't had a single game with only 1 CV per side, you'd think it would be a no brainier to limit it to one per side per match, but WG have never been accused of having a brain, or the ability to provide balance among many, many other things :)

if you last to the end which I did in all of the games you get to watch them just keep coming, after you and the few others in your team until its just 4 x CV's remaining with maybe a single cruiser.

That was how it was for me anyway, the maps are to small for 4 CV's, as a ship captain you'll just be fodder. 

You can still do some damage and stay alive until the end if you play smart, but in the end if the CV's want you dead, you die, defensive AA, a fighter, setting your AA zone, keep moving, turn in, try to stay near others to provide blanket AA etc etc.towards the end nothing matters, when 2 CV's come after you and there's no one left to try to team up with, you die, they laugh, the team with the best CV's wins. 

Not a fun and enjoyable game anymore, huge shame as it was a great ship V ship game, now its not. 

If you do play beware the plane torp speed, those little buggers move kinda fast, but you can avoid them for the most part, until there coming for every side during the intentional griefing phase of the match. 

I did not realize the EULA and the play nice requirement had been revoked :) It seems they have though lol. 

Edited by Soloun
Because WG are dumb and smell bad and not attractive people to look at, you did ask nad this isn't public :)
  • Cool 2

[TDA]
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,197 posts
8,131 battles
1 hour ago, Nirvan_Siga said:

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Looks like it's best to avoid wows for now.

Maybe in another 6 months.

Glhf all.

There is more to this game than just playing Random battles.

The scenarios/operations are not bad - Narai, Killer Whale, etc.

They rotate on a weekly basis and once you get to know the order of things, you can really have fun in them.Tons of Xp and silver to be had.  No enemy planes there either.

[NFB]
1,327 posts
13,930 battles
On 3/3/2019 at 8:37 PM, Nirvan_Siga said:

(i mean, in what messed up scenario does a 1200 ton ship yolo head-on at a 40,000+ ton ship and win?)

hmm, not sure how much you studied naval history, but they put the "secondaries" on battleships because with the invention of the torpedo, small, fast maneuverable ships could damage or sink very large ships. Plenty of examples of that in history.

The lesson for battleship captains, don't let DD's come so close they can torp you at point blank range.

From my experience driving DD's, I find that yoloing into BB's has a low success rate, often my DD will get sunk and/or the BB evades the torps. Maybe your skills are not perfect in this area?

On 3/3/2019 at 8:37 PM, Nirvan_Siga said:

used to play WoWs till about 4-5 months ago.

As a PvP game is not for the fainthearted. If you don't enjoy the game, don't play, obviously.

I play random rarely these days, play mostly scenarios.