Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mr_glitchy_R

Sound tearing issue

25 comments in this topic

[-ISO-]
1,003 posts
6,121 battles

In recent patches, I noticed that sometimes musics or any audio sources are tearing or glitching. And this depends on the game modes I play. In Co-op and T6 scenarios, it doesn't happen so often. But in randoms and T7-8 scenarios, the effect can be seen quite frequently. My connection and ping is fine and I really don't have any idea what's happening. So, can anyone help me with this?

- Additional info about my laptop's spec.

1. Intel core i3-3217U (1.8GHZ,  3MB L3 cache)
  2. NVIDIA Geforce GT 720M with 2GB Dedicated VRAM
  3. 4GB DDR3 L Memory
  4. 500GB HDD
  5. Windows 7 64bit

[SMOKE]
1,515 posts
14,165 battles

same experience here , and on 3 different PC too and without any other software running at the back

Alpha Tester
2,117 posts
7,703 battles

@mr_glitchy_R

You will find that if you change your name to 'mr_sounds_awsum' everything will be good. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[LYNMR]
1,094 posts
17,975 battles

is it your name or the game? 😀

anyway the sound bug is annoying, even fem that day streaming the sound almost make her fall off her chair 😄

[LBAS]
Modder
6,178 posts
37,450 battles

I had noticed this problem

both of High and Ultra settings consume CPU too much and it make FPS drop heavily, also the sound is weird too

switch to Low and almost fine, FPS stabilized but still not happy with this

Beta Tester
2,410 posts
7,238 battles

same problem here. happened when receive heavy and citadel damage.

• Cool 2

[-ISO-]
1,003 posts
6,121 battles
2 hours ago, Mechfori said:

same experience here , and on 3 different PC too and without any other software running at the back

Do you have a beefy PC? if so, then that'll be something absurdly strange. Some also complains about the lag in the port although they have a powerful PC.

Alpha Tester
2,117 posts
7,703 battles
1 hour ago, MatterCore said:

both of High and Ultra settings consume CPU too much and it make FPS drop heavily, also the sound is weird too

sama sama

[SMOKE]
1,515 posts
14,165 battles

one of mine is a high end configuration desktop ( my multi-media work station ), one is a well middle of the range PC and the 3rd my laptop ( 12MB RAM, 2GB graphic memory , works perfectly fine before the patch ). I do also notice some lag in the port and also when exiting the game ...

[-ISO-]
1,003 posts
6,121 battles

So why wouldn't WG address this issue? We are suffering an overall performance drop these days.

576 posts
1,567 battles

Sound or Music do Not need a lot of CPU power. Sound and Music are not stream from internet but stored locally.

Audio data directly write to the audio device via DMA channels and does not even need CPU to do anything at all. this was IBM PC 8088/8086 technology

Most likely the software itself has problem

48 posts
5,418 battles

Cleveland now has silenced main battery guns. And whenever my Ship is getting citadelled all the sounds are tearing very badly..

1,332 posts
12,050 battles

Also there's a sudden increase in sound of plane's propellers or say Burst of sound.. Really annoying/surprising/deafening experience..

1,158 posts
11,077 battles
13 hours ago, MatterCore said:

Yeah port lag is still a thing and same with my FPS since rework patch. Before patch I was consistently running 140fps and now I sometimes see under 50fs running a gtx1080. Something they changed is a greedy bastard! lol

• Cool 1

[AUSNZ]
68 posts
15,683 battles

I also had this, had a moment where the volume was super loud and sound went distorted, thought my speakers were about to blow... only in WOWs did that happen.  Not cool.

[BLESS]
978 posts
9,197 battles

The "bursts of loud audio" issue is being widely reported. The cause is the new audio in the latest patch, definitely not a problem with your PC. Though it may be that certain hardware configurations make it worse.

I noticed that a lot of the new sounds are louder/harsher than before. AA guns, plane noises, the clicks of the ship's speed indicator especially. I haven't had any "throw my headphones at the screen" moments though. I run Ultra client, ASUS sound card, and an external headphone amp. Fairly high end PC/fast internet.

Edited by Rina_Pon

106 posts
10,049 battles

Same. Sounds like someone kicked the stylus on a record player. Painful on the ears :Smile_amazed:

[HMAS_]
2,072 posts
14,802 battles

Yep, same here

Administrator
373 posts

Thank you for the feedbacks. We will report the sound issues that you've ever experienced since the update 0.8.1 to the development team for the better playing environment.
However, please bear in mind that it will take some time to resolve the matter. We appreciate your understanding in advance.

• Cool 3

[LBAS]
Modder
6,178 posts
37,450 battles

last night I watched Flamuu Stream, the FPS was dropped in battles several times, from 76 to ~ 50 when lot of shells and torps came to his ship:cap_wander:

His PC is new and no mods but FPS still drops as well:fish_boom:

[-ISO-]
1,003 posts
6,121 battles
4 hours ago, Desert_Fox_2014 said:

Also frame rate also drop during the same time when after entering base zone Narai game play.

We're same then.

Sign in to follow this