You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AntifoulAwl

6 inches of pain.

17 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
2,117 posts
7,703 battles

Found this when salvaging a dead boat at work, and thought I'd share it with you guys.

5YPVvde.jpg

As you can see by the stamping, it's the base of a 6 inch shell.

It came of a Tahitian ketch and the boats' name and date has been engraved on it.

19wncpN.jpg

Gonna go straight in the pool room.

• Cool 6

Alpha Tester
2,117 posts
7,703 battles
33 minutes ago, MrPlow said:

Nice find

Yeah. 

It will complement my bofors shell and unknown gun cooling mount.

OMah8Gi.jpg

I have tried for ages to work out what the gun housing is from. I still don't know.

• Cool 3

[LNA]
2,005 posts
12,686 battles
21 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

Yeah. 

OMah8Gi.jpg

I have tried for ages to work out what the gun housing is from. I still don't know.

Don't you need some form of license for this kind of things ? Here in Viet Nam you need to inform the local governance if you keep something like these.

Anyway great find , just don't put it too high so some random kids don't get hurt doing stupid stuffs.

Alpha Tester
2,117 posts
7,703 battles
3 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

Don't you need some form of license for this kind of things ? Here in Viet Nam you need to inform the local governance if you keep something like these.

Anyway great find , just don't put it too high so some random kids don't get hurt doing stupid stuffs.

No license needed. Essentially, they are just lumps of metal. Nothing that can go BANG.

As you rightly say, the only way it can harm you is by falling on your head.

[TF44]
379 posts
3,785 battles
1 hour ago, AntifoulAwl said:

Yeah. 

OMah8Gi.jpg

Hi AntifowlAwl,

The object to the right looks like an early type of Muzzle break. The 2 sleeves towards the rear would suggest that it would be strapped to the barrel in some way. Judging by the ruler it looks like a 40-50mm weapon. Perhaps a type of Anti-Tank weapon. Its nationallity is open to debate, but the gas vents on the side are reminscent of Russian Muzzle breaks. Eg. SU-76 Tank destroyer type. --- From memory a screw type mounting.

I'm afraid thats all I have for you as my resource material is limited these days. LOL Never lend books, you don't usually get them back!

Anyway nice little finds. :cap_like:

Alex B_T23

• Cool 4

Alpha Tester
2,117 posts
7,703 battles
10 hours ago, Bengal_Tiger23 said:

Hi AntifowlAwl,

The object to the right looks like an early type of Muzzle break. The 2 sleeves towards the rear would suggest that it would be strapped to the barrel in some way. Judging by the ruler it looks like a 40-50mm weapon. Perhaps a type of Anti-Tank weapon. Its nationallity is open to debate, but the gas vents on the side are reminscent of Russian Muzzle breaks. Eg. SU-76 Tank destroyer type. --- From memory a screw type mounting.

I'm afraid thats all I have for you as my resource material is limited these days. LOL Never lend books, you don't usually get them back!

Anyway nice little finds. :cap_like:

Alex B_T23

It was dug up in an area once used as a military dump in the 1940s, so likely it's from an Australian/British/US piece of kit. 

Edited by AntifoulAwl

[-BRO-]
499 posts
11,468 battles

I thought perhaps a part of an oerlikon gun (outer casting on the gun?)

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,117 posts
7,703 battles
39 minutes ago, Sparcie said:

I thought perhaps a part of an oerlikon gun (outer casting on the gun?)

WE HAVE A WINNER !!

Sparcie, you thought right. That thing's been sitting around the back yard for years, and has been the subject of many discussions on it's origins..

And you nailed it. 

Spoiler

Image result for 20mm oerlikon tank

Well done dude.

Alpha Tester
2,117 posts
7,703 battles

@Bengal_Tiger23

You did well, but it turns out to be from a 20mm oerlikon.

You ran a close second.  :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,117 posts
7,703 battles
3 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Italian Suppository.

Ha.

Aren't they called an innuendo?

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
2,117 posts
7,703 battles
3 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

TFW you dont get what you expected from a thread title. After all it was Mardi Gras night. @AntifoulAwl

Very nice find mate

Upon reflection, to clear up any misunderstanding I should have titled it 'A sailor once inserted this into a tight fitting hole'.

[TDA]
Super Tester_
5,437 posts
6,635 battles
32 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

Upon reflection, to clear up any misunderstanding I should have titled it 'A sailor once inserted this into a tight fitting hole'.

Yes...……………...that clears it up...…………….sort of.