Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Grygus_Triss

Trials of Exeter

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,604
[CLAY]
Member
2,293 posts
11,067 battles

Ok, Today is the first day of the Marathon to earn HMS Exeter

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/sales-and-events/march-missions-2019/

As is usual, this will come with a bunch of hardships and heartache.

This thread is where I and others may post comments.

So, First Mission, shoot down 30 enemy aircraft in T5-8 British, US and commonwealth Cruisers & DDs. Not too hard right?

Nope. CVs have gone scare, there are heaps of cruisers, teams are not pushing.

Or maybe its just the weekend?

So after 2 battles in Edinburgh I have 4 plane kills. Should take me 13 more games.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,082
Member
4,215 posts
8,070 battles

I don't give a millionth of a care about a T5 prem, esp. those that are behind unreasonable mission chains (i said "nope" to the entire PEF campaign, even though I'm a known German ship fan).

Even the Coal reward amount is gare-bag.

Edited by Paladinum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,225
[TLS]
Member
3,504 posts
19,142 battles

They want you to buy it in shop. PEF is decent in ops. Those dakka secondaries. Only problem: fires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
513
[BLESS]
Member
971 posts
9,195 battles

Did the Cossack one, didn't do the PEF one, unlikely to do the Exeter one.

Will I complain about WG offering it? Also no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,770
[MRI]
Member
3,064 posts
14,023 battles
39 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Ok, Today is the first day of the Marathon to earn HMS Exeter

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/sales-and-events/march-missions-2019/

As is usual, this will come with a bunch of hardships and heartache.

This thread is where I and others may post comments.

So, First Mission, shoot down 30 enemy aircraft in T5-8 British, US and commonwealth Cruisers & DDs. Not too hard right?

Nope. CVs have gone scare, there are heaps of cruisers, teams are not pushing.

Or maybe its just the weekend?

So after 2 battles in Edinburgh I have 4 plane kills. Should take me 13 more games.

It is the weekend all right. Every BB is camping or border hugging even in the non-CV matches.

As for the plane mission, try playing at tiers 5-7. Higher chance of encountering CVs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,604
[CLAY]
Member
2,293 posts
11,067 battles
13 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

It is the weekend all right. Every BB is camping or border hugging even in the non-CV matches.

As for the plane mission, try playing at tiers 5-7. Higher chance of encountering CVs.

Yep, tried in my Dallas. Much better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
515
[LNA]
Member
2,005 posts
12,695 battles

30 planes in A SINGLE GAME. I tried it with a mino , 4 shot down and no progress change.

Could be very hard since any CV with a brain will avoid Mino/Neptune whenever they can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,770
[MRI]
Member
3,064 posts
14,023 battles
9 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

30 planes in A SINGLE GAME. I tried it with a mino , 4 shot down and no progress change.

It is Tier 5-8 only.

Also it is over multiple games, so that is a relief.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
135
[LYNMR]
Member
1,094 posts
17,952 battles

first i tried cleveland...nope not a single cv

2nd time i try fiji......nope still no cv

3rd time cleveland again and yes no cv

at this point everyone ranting in chat full of disappointment and i'm just gonna give up

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
170
[FISH]
Member
405 posts
31,243 battles

Y'all don't got Atlanta/Helena/Cleveland ? 

Try playing T7, You'll either face a lower tier cv or just 1 tier higher. At 6 and 8 you have the risk of facing +2 tier CV. shot-19_03.01_14_39.47-0528.thumb.jpg.1bfe6df99bb43ee5773420810cebe562.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,225
[TLS]
Member
3,504 posts
19,142 battles

Do you know why no cv? Because everyone and their pet are playing another ship to find the cv.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,604
[CLAY]
Member
2,293 posts
11,067 battles
1 minute ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Do you know why no cv? Because everyone and their pet are playing another ship to find the cv.

Yeah, its really annoying whrn missions are set up like

Do X to ship type B with ship type A.

Thereby ensuring there are almost no ship type B's in a match, because almost everyone is using ship type A.

I don't know why WG would do that, I think they do it for their own amusement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56
[TF44]
Member
197 posts
9,568 battles
On 3/1/2019 at 9:00 PM, Paladinum said:

I don't give a millionth of a care about a T5 prem, esp. those that are behind unreasonable mission chains (i said "nope" to the entire PEF campaign, even though I'm a known German ship fan).

Even the Coal reward amount is gare-bag.

At least there was a decent reward with PEF. It greatly helped me get USS Black.

And did anyone mention the Exeter missions running for a week or so when hardly anyone has had access to it yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,225
[TLS]
Member
3,504 posts
19,142 battles
10 minutes ago, scottme said:

And did anyone mention the Exeter missions running for a week or so when hardly anyone has had access to it yet?

Like PEF, you can buy it to get a head start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×