You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TD1

Personal Ship Assessments Thread

26 comments in this topic

523 posts
6,279 battles

This is a thread where you pick a ship you own, and assess its strengths and drawbacks, in your own opinion. You can choose either a premium or tech tree ship to assess.

Note that this thread isn't meant to be serious; what is good about one ship according to one person may not be good to another; e.g Atlanta's firing arcs may be helpful for some but torturous for others. The format used should be:
[ship name]

[what's good about it] (use bullet points!)

[what's not good about it] (use bullet points too!)

[personal assessment conclusion] (optional; if you can, sum up the ship in your own words, but you don't have to do this section).

For starters and as a template,  I'll sum up my favorite premium ship: Admiral Graf Spee. She is the first ever premium ship I've ever purchased in WOWS.

What's good about it?

• Packs a bite against other ships with her 283mm guns and torpedoes.
  • Has a diverse selection of consumables
  • Decent secondaries for a cruiser (don't rely on them though)
  • Decent AA firepower.
  • Forgiving in regards of captain skills. She doesn't suffer much from differing captain skills, and can do well with just about any type of captain.
  • Very tough (for a cruiser) with a decent chunk of hit points.
  • Torpedoes reach further than most German cruisers.

What's not good about it?

• Kind of overspecialized to hunting cruisers; battleships will blap her good in the stern (she's still a cruiser, after all), while she cannot output the volume of fire needed to kill a destroyer quickly enough. Watch out for that nasty bite, however.
  • Slow. She cannot exceed 30 knots in a tier where most cruisers reach or surpass that speed.
  • Huge. She has a large surface detection range.
  • Cannot pack both Hydroacoustic Search and Defensive Fire at the same time (hey, at least D'Aosta can even though it won't do her much good due to her terrible AA)

Conclusion: This is a long-time favorite of mine, and her merits continue to ensure she will be so. She is unique in all senses of the word; not even the Russian super-cruisers at tier 9 and 10 (Kron and Stalingrad, that's you) offer the kind of gameplay she offers.

• Cool 4

4,219 posts
8,070 battles

My first T10 ever in the game, also the shining example of what WG wanted German ships to be. Remains the favorite in my fleet - the Fleet's flagship.

T10 German heavy cruiser Hindenburg

Her strengths:

• Relatively quick-reloading guns and fastest turret traverse speed of her type (T10 heavy cruiser).
  • Good muzzle velocity and low air drag means leading shots isn't an issue. Shooting DDs from range is also easier.
  • Pretty impressive torpedo armament makes (occasional) brawls with most T10 BBs a very special opportunity.
  • A well-rounded set of consumables, especially Hydroacoustic Search with amazing range and duration (basically mini-radar). 
  • Workable secondary build (though not recommended): quick-firing and good range. Good augmentation for the main guns when hunting for DDs.
  • Short-ranged but high-powered AA suite, good for self-defense.
  • The tankiest T10 'standard' cruiser (or I should say 'The tankiest tech tree cruiser'), thanks to the turtleback. The only BBs that I can't handle are Republique, Conqueror and the Yamato sisters.

Her weaknesses:

• Turns like a limousine in a drift race. Torpedobeat may be a tad difficult.
  • Also the slowest T10 cruiser (Stalingrad and Salem included).
  • Concealment value is 100% unfair for her size, especially when comparing to some BBs.

Conclusion: like I said, shining example of German national "flavors": good guns, good AA, meh agility, awesome protection, bad concealment, and of course, the unparalleled versatility you, no, I have in a battle, regardless of which captain skills I picked or which upgrades she has on.

There is a reason I ask for reload time reduction to buff German ships, not accuracy/concealment (unless that ship really needs it), because I enjoy this virtual "German versatility".

4 hours ago, TD1 said:

Admiral Graf Spee

Her main weakness to me is her unforgiving turret layout...

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 3

[TLS]
3,507 posts
19,142 battles

My pick: Steel flinger (Aka Minotaur), T10

Nice things about her:

• Dakka dakka dakka dakka.
  • Stealthiest cruiser around.
  • Can do drifting and impossible torpedobeats with her manueverability.
  • Reasonably fast
  • Smoke variant: be an annoying dakka platform in the middle of nowhere.
  • Smoke variant: be an annoying dakka platform just behind an island.
  • Radar variant: irradiate lolibotes then show them dakka.
  • Quite decent AA.
  • If you happened to CQC with her, those 8 torpedoes in a straight line or in an impossible to avoid spread. 16 if you somehow let her make a 180 and show the OTHER 8 torpedoes.

The not so good things about her:

• Has a tendency to spontaneously be deleted in one unlucky (for you) salvo.
  • Not for the faint of heart.
  • Did I mention she cannot take damage at all?
  • High skill level required with balls of steel.
  • Has a citadel that says "HIT ME"

Conclusion: The only good Minotaur on the map is the one you are driving. In second place would be the one on your team. The one on the other team must die fast. You want to have the most reports in the game? Play a mino and be the ultimate annoyance! (provided you don't unluckily die quick)

PS: For me a GS main problem is her speed and her RoF - she isn't a ship that can easily respond to situations. I have no Hinde comments because I do not own one. Yet.

Edited by dejiko_nyo
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[MRI]
3,065 posts
14,023 battles

A unique ship that has multiple gun options and is one of the rare ships that cannot be obtained right now. A 100% fictional warship that has been brought to life in WoWs thanks to an anime collaboration.

Presenting the Tier 8 IJN DD, the HSF Harekaze!

shot-19_02.27_04_38.33-0908.thumb.jpg.16526082007a409c8980253429c1cbdf.jpg

Good things about her:

• 3 different hulls to choose from, each with different guns with their own pros and cons allowing for different player preferences.
  • Has pretty good gun power (if the 100mm gun option is chosen). Much more powerful than a Kagerou.
  • Only ship in the game that is able to mount the 127mm/54 guns (Midway's secondaries) as main battery. Surprisingly high fire chance and very good AP shell damage for a 127mm gun. Very unique!
  • Stealthiest DD in her matchmaking spread, matching only the Kagerou.
  • Good for training IJN DD captains from either branch, thanks to the different gun options.
  • Default anime camo looks nice. Also has access to alternate anime permanent camo with different benefits.
  • Can train German captain Thea Kreutzer (if you have her).

Bad things about her:

• Hull is a stock Kagerou hull with all the drawbacks.
  • Torpedoes are stock Kagerou torpedoes.
  • Simply a worse Kagerou if the Kagerou guns are chosen.
  • Lowest HP pool at Tier 8. Can be easily 1-shot by IJN ship torpedoes.
  • 100mm gun option is the most optimal choice by far.
  • Really needs a 19-point captain to unlock her potential.
  • Need to pay money or doubloons to get the alternate permanent camo.
  • No way to obtain the ship as of right now.

Conclusion: The Harekaze a very unique ship and in some ways it is a ship of many firsts. For example, it is the first ship with 3 different main gun options which perform very differently from each other. It is also the first anime collaboration ship that is actually a distinct ship and not just a clone of another ship that was already in the game (ARP ships, HSF Graf Spee). The Harekaze was a pioneer in that it served as test-bed for ideas that WG would later implement into the game, like unique camos changing ship models and cross-nation captains.

But alas, WG never really explored the possibility of having different and truly competitive gun options. While the Harekaze's gun options are interesting on paper, in reality the 100mm guns are the only real competitive option, and WG never bothered trying to balance the other 2. A wasted opportunity for such a promising ship.

TL;DR: The Harekaze is a stock Kagerou with Akizuki's guns.

Edited by Thyaliad
Tier 8 not Tier 10 lol
  • Cool 1

[UWU]
533 posts
5,092 battles

there were 3 ships to choose from either Atago , Zao or this... so .....

My current favorite...... Tier 10 - IJN Shimakaze.

Her strengths :

• Seems obvious that 3 x 5 torpedo launcher, able to throw out 10 torpedo while keep 5 for a delayed torpedo drop might cause perma flooding and hurt enemies.
  • Very low detection at 5.6 good for spotting enemy before they sees you.
  • Maneuverability wise i say she has pretty good handling but i still see a lot of people turn too much and eat torpedo when their rear swing out.
  • and.... and.... i think that's all 😢😢

Her weaknesses :

• Currently there are more cv than last time so... getting spotted is quite common even with low detection...
  • The AA is ummm none - existent ?
  • Every hit... your engine is gone well in my case ( 3 engine incapacitated in a row within minutes 😢)
  • A lot of people know how to dodge torpedo and most of them also apply constant evasion as soon as they know your rough location
  • the huge down time between torpedo reload makes the game a bit.... slow for a DD and inconsistent dps across games
  • to be honest that torpedo it love to spread out even on the obvious choice of NOT-WIDE spread option.
  • RADAR EVERYWHERE ( this doesn't personally bothers me a lot most of the time)

Conclusion : 
She is fun...... but she have alot of weakness-es that people have to take note, i seen alot of shimakaze out there lets say 9.5 / 10 of them can't actually play it either they go into cap and dies ( because they didn't prepare to get radar-ed) else they just doesn't spot enemies or.... the best type i seen recently, ignores enemy ships and caps, goes behind them spots enemy ships but hunts for enemy CV, i meant its good strategy but no just no...... please don't buff her WG she is perfect right now....

• Cool 3

[HMAS_]
2,072 posts
14,792 battles

This thread should be renamed "the T10 appreciation thread"...

523 posts
6,279 battles
6 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

This thread should be renamed "the T10 appreciation thread"...

@Thyaliad has posted a non-T10 ship to analyse; it was just mis-tiered:Smile_teethhappy:. Mine wasn't T10 either. Also, I allow all ships, not just T10. You can do something like this with your Emden if you so desire.

[MRI]
3,065 posts
14,023 battles
8 minutes ago, TD1 said:

@Thyaliad has posted a non-T10 ship to analyse; it was just mis-tiered:Smile_teethhappy:. Mine wasn't T10 either. Also, I allow all ships, not just T10. You can do something like this with your Emden if you so desire.

Yup thanks! I had a brainfart. :Smile_hiding:

4,219 posts
8,070 battles
12 minutes ago, TD1 said:

Also, I allow all ships, not just T10. You can do something like this with your Emden if you so desire.

The thing is, I find only T7 and higher ships able to leave an impression in my mind :Smile_teethhappy: 

I do have a non-T10 ship in mind though, not even a cruiser, not a favorite of her type, but interesting regardless.

Alpha Tester
2,117 posts
7,703 battles

Look at this!

I put this here, cos not many peeps get to see her.

q0ibnY6.jpg

Iwaki Alpha.

Prem Tier IV IJN Cruiser.

Good bits-

*She can smoke.

*She has hydro.

*She has a special aiming mod that gives -40% dispersion, running both mods will give -50%. Best aiming in the game??

* The three guns up forward give excellent firing angles when chasing prey. Look out DDs.

*A good captain will give you 8.8 concealment. Use this to spring your 10k torps on unsuspecting BBs.

Bad bits.

*Torp firing angles are not ideal.

*Being tier IV, most team-mates are numptys. But this isn't so bad, as the enemy has them too.

*Easily rekt.

My Totally Biased Opinion.

I like her. Many a seal has been sunk by one of these babys.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,410 posts
7,238 battles

my favorite tier 8 premium ship Atago

good things about her:

• Good HE alpha damage to PANPAKAPAN your enemies
  • great fire starter to barbecue BBies and make them sad. good against cruiser too
  • has access to heal tier 8 more forgiving than some ship at this tier.
  • great concealment.
  • fast and agile, good at evading shot from long range
  • decent AP
  • forward facing torpedo. dont have to show broadside to fire

bad thing about her:

• she's tier VIII so 9/10 will be tier ix and x battle
  • paper armor. high tier bb has no problem over-matching any part of your ship. need lucky rng to survive some hits. add its huge citadel and you will get surprise by weird citadel damage.
  • her turret traverse are every slow, take a while to switch side.
  • has slower reload speed compare to other ship with same guns.
  • rudder get nock out easily like other ijn cruiser.
  • abysmal AA she's a CV food. better practice your torpedo beat skill to dodge torpedo bombers. and save DFAA for dive bombers.
  • Cool 1

77 posts
5,587 battles

Furutaka 

Pros:

• Good speed
  • Excellent maneuverability
  • Punchy 203mm guns with both its HE and AP shells
  • Excellent Torpedoes with great firing arcs
  • Surprisingly tanky for a Tier V ship

Cons:

• Mediocre AA 
  • Until getting C hull, weird turret layout
  • Gun range is a bit on the short side

4,219 posts
8,070 battles

My second post - this ship isn't a favorite, but rather, an interesting ship I have to talk about

Tier 8 British destroyer - Lightning

The good bits:

• 6 rapid-firing guns at T8 (say what!). The turrets can do 360 (say what!).
  • Very fast torpedo reload time and RN single-launch feature can make devastating strikes.
  • Excellent agility and acceleration. Going pro in Torpedobeating is not a dream out of reach.
  • Excellent concealment, in bed with Kagerou, Harekaze, Cossack and Benson for the sub-6km concealment radius when fully stacked. 
  • Long-lasting Hydro making torpedo walls a minute threat (if I remember to use it).
  • The fastest loliboat in the RN DD line. Shame that Jutty and Darry couldn't make it that fast.

The not so good bits:

• Also in bed with Kagerou, Harekaze, Cossack and Benson in the bottom of the HP ranking (less than 16k). SE is a must-have. Even gunfight a Shima is a pain in the aft (get it?) because I don't have SE.
  • DD brawling is a thing that rarely works. Even Benson can own my aft (get it?) easily.
  • Slow shell speed. Did I mention I hate slow shell speed?
  • Rapid-reloading torpedoes but really short in range. German torps (on Z-23) have better reload and speed.
  • Smoke being only for escape, smoke camping is not a thing for the RN DDs.
  • AA is meh at best. Can shoot down planes, but don't count on it.
  • Being uptiered may not be the worst thing in the world, but is still very, very bad. Like, the 3rd worst thing?

Conclusion: WG advertised the line as "defensive" DDs. I after playing a bunch of matches with this ship, I may have bought that a teensy, tiny bit. What this ship can do well is replying on teammates. I can't even scout with some peace of mind if you spot a DD higher tier than me, and he spots me back. I can't survive a radar ship either. Being spotted by planes, RIP. For a DD that has many "short" things (HP pool, concealment, torpedo range, Hydro range, smoke duration), I must reply and work with my teammates even heavier than I should when playing as other DD line.

This is not a DD I can "break" the flow with, but a DD I have to follow the flow to succeed in battle. Meaning: I need to be keenly aware of what my teammates are doing, and support them, instead of breaking off and do my own things. I can break off with many other ships I have, but in Lightning, it 90% guarantees an early ticket back to Port.

Now, to comment about other ships :Smile-_tongue:

On 2/26/2019 at 5:33 PM, dejiko_nyo said:

My pick: Steel flinger (Aka Minotaur), T10

HMS Supreme Annoyance or, HMS Pure Malice.

The thing is, this ship is annoying because of the fact that she has no HE, instead, the short-fused AP can shave off HP faster than a Harugumo or a Worcester could, even with fires. And I think that is more psychological damage to my sanity than (virtual) physical damage to my ship. I've tried this ship in PTS, and I hate her EVEN WHEN I play her.

2 hours ago, yansuki said:

Atago

I have ARP Takao, does that count? (ARP Takao and Atago are literal, identical clones in this game) The 3 things that I like about Takao (as opposed to Myoko or Mogami): better torpedo arc, even when it's just the forward sets of tubes, and much better turret traverse speed than Myoko and 155 Mogami (this fact is no longer relevant...), and of course the rare Heal on T8 cruiser.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

51 posts

Tier 6 Japanese Carrier - Ryujo

Pros:

• Good speed and maneuverability (Compare to the Ranger)
  • Have good Torpedo bombers (Torpedos are fast and deadly, Easy to takedown the lonely ships)
  • Better concealment radius then Ranger, Make she hard to been spotted...
  • Lots of rocket planes to striking destroyers, Make them very vulnerable when been spotted by me...
  • Flat-chest for the win!!!

Cons:

• Mediocre AA 
  • Planes was frangible (Not only Ryujo,  All CV's planes have this problem...)
  • Dive bombers sometimes doing minimum damage to the enemy ships...

I'm never played CVs pre - 0.7.12,  Until 0.8.0 PT... The new CV's control was not too hard to learn, But most people are used to playing RTS games (Such as League of Leagend, Starcraft, etc.) So when CV's control switched,  They're got not accustomed to it (And this is why they hate thew new CV's control,  An old dog will learn no new tricks.)....
Edited by V_Wyvern
  • Cool 1

[TLS]
3,507 posts
19,142 battles

If you liked ryujo now, you'd love her prenerf. Much more firepower. Now, meh like an eunuch.

4,219 posts
8,070 battles
1 hour ago, V_Wyvern said:

But most people are used to playing RTS games (Such as League of Leagend, Starcraft, etc.) So when CV's control switched,  They're got not accustomed to it (And this is why they hate thew new CV's control,  An old dog will learn no new tricks.)....

First of all, League of Legends is a top-down view MOBA, not an RTS.

Second, the fact that the control of CVs is similar to RTS was one of the big reasons why a CV rework was demanded in the first place. People either can't use Alt-attack or got deleted because of Alt-attack from better players. "Most people" is just an assumption when the majority of players wouldn't even touch a CV pre-rework, or abandoning them quickly because of the difficulty.

Third, the new gameplay system does not fit the identity and the method of operation of CVs. A CV controls multiple groups of aircrafts, not just one at a time and leaving the ship being mostly useless. Granted the game is arcade AF but that doesn't mean realism couldn't apply well. WG just suck at it.

I just don't think you can talk about CVs like that when you didn't even touch CVs pre-rework.

523 posts
6,279 battles

>League of Legends
>RTS

:Smile_teethhappy:

On another topic, please get back on topic, cuz I didn't make this topic to argue about another topic; my topic was "personal ships assessment" not "CV rework 5W1H".

• Cool 1

4,219 posts
8,070 battles
9 minutes ago, TD1 said:

On another topic, please get back on topic, cuz I didn't make this topic to argue about another topic; my topic was "personal ships assessment" not "CV rework 5W1H".

Sorry, I didn't meant to hijack it, but he said something so absurd I couldn't let slide

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,152 posts
10,028 battles
4 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Tier 8 British destroyer - Lightning

4 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Slow shell speed. Did I mention I hate slow shell speed?

Lightning doesn't really have slow shell speed.  It has significantly faster shell velocities than all the other 120mm RN DD's, due to it's heavier shell weight and longer barrels.  It also has faster shell velocity than IJN and USN 127mm guns.  Here's a flight time chart for comparison:

2130196417_DDgunflighttimes.thumb.jpg.cbc71cd354fa3a18ea17fc6afe61cb09.jpg

Note it has superb AP pen as well, another strength of Lightning.

Lightning is my favourite ship in the game.  It has all the tools needed to succeed with reliable guns that are 360° and are easy to hit with at range, incredible 5.5km concealment (and 2.5km air concealment!), incredible agility, the best smokes in the game, and long duration hydro.  It's everything a DD should be.

401 posts
3,047 battles

My second premium / first lovebote -- *drumroll* Scharnhorst!!!

Scharny.thumb.jpg.3f30dd6012fd72a011c709367a497aec.jpg

Boi we had some fun together! 

Pros:

• Hands down, she is the most beautiful ship in the game
  • Feels very nimble for a battleship 
  • Can dodge torps even when they're closing in on her *torpedobeat intensifies*
  • She's sleek and elegant unlike other BBs of her tier *rolls eyes at The Majeschtick Hood*
  • 20 sec main battery reload time???? SOLD!
  • Has torps in case of emergency/ close combat with fat American BBs
  • Has fuckton of broadside armor so you can #YOLO without the fear of being one-shot  to death
  • Conventional BBs run away from you
  • Fastest turret traverse I've ever seen in a Battleship

Cons:

• Inherits bad german dispersion
  • Can't throw good punches with those 283mm Graf Spee smokin' pipes  
  • Is Highly inflammable so recommend using Damage control with caution
  • Torps are rarely used/ smaller ships can easily dodge 3 torps
  • Terrible AA guns
  • Bad turning radius due to long body 
  • Awful AP shell damage even at close range
  • Has identity issues. She thinks like a DD but plays like a cruiser but actually has the whole player base convinced that she's a Battleship (which is not true)

Edited by Stormcloak_Rebel
  • Cool 1

523 posts
6,279 battles
On 2/27/2019 at 11:54 PM, Stormcloak_Rebel said:

• She's sleek and elegant unlike other BBs of her tier *rolls eyes at The Majeschtick Hood*

I agree; Scharnhorst with her sleek, elegant lines, curves and dips looks so much better.

On another topic, I'll follow up with another ship assessment:
Tier 6 premium cruiser, Duca D'Aosta.

What's good about it:

• Sexy as all hell to look at. If she had a shipgirl counterpart, I'd insist she be a fashionista/supermodel.
  • Very fast; zipping around at 35-36 knots never gets old.
  • Comfortable ballistics. I never had much trouble aiming with her.
  • Can take Hydroacoustic search and Defensive Fire simultaneously (not many cruisers can do this; I'm vaguely aware that some of the American cruisers can do this, but I'm rather spotty on this aspect)
  • Spotter plane is very useful for shooting at 15km and annoying the hell out of enemies.
  • Long range torpedoes that can surprise people. They also reload quickly.

What's not good about it:

• Very weak offensive power. HE shells are garbage, AP shells are a bit finicky. You need IFHE to even damage enemies with the HE on this thing.
  • Torpedoes are too weak and too slow. Anyone who knows they are coming and can maneuver to avoid it will be able to avoid it.
  • Feels a bit of a tight fit in her tier. Bumping her down to tier V without changing her stats would help nicely; at tier VI, she fits but it's a tighter fit than a one-piece swimsuit.
  • Hungry for captain skills. No, 10pts can't cut it quite yet; a minimum of 14 skill points is needed for it to be more tolerable.
  • Terrible AA power. Without Defensive Fire, CVs would f*** her in several different positions.

Conclusion: This is a bit of a hard assessment for me. I loved her (and even got to do a bunch of good games with her), but her weaknesses rub off hard on me. You need to pull crazy amounts of weight in order to perform in this ship, but boy does she make you laugh your heads off. It's kind of like tango/cha-cha dancing; sure, it's hard to do, but pull it off and you two would absolutely look beautiful dancing with each other. That's how I feel with Duca D'Aosta.

Edited by TD1
  • Cool 2

[MRI]
3,065 posts
14,023 battles

I have decided to review none other than the elegant elephant lady, the Tier 7 IJN DD Akatsuki!

shot-19_03.05_00_46.58-0393.thumb.jpg.bfb8aaa6c1762ade0f042209d6a2b535.jpg

Good things about her:

• A well-balanced DD with relatively good torps and guns.
  • Pretty punchy main guns with comfortable ballistics. HE shells hit hard and have high fire chance. хорошо!
  • 3x3 torpedo configuration with fast reload allow for great flexibility. The torpedoes have 10km range and do great damage too!
  • Surprisingly good AA. She has the best AA of the Tier 7 tech tree DDs, with Mahan beating her only when using DFAA. :cap_rambo:

Not so good things about her:

• Bad concealment for an IJN DD with only 6.4km concealment (assuming CE + camo). Shiratsuyu in comparison has 5.8km concealment.
  • Slow gun turret traverse means she can't WASD effectively when knifefighting other DDs. Plus she needs to have good aim and make her shots count due to the slow reload.
  • Very fragile with one of the lowest HP pools at Tier 7. Can be one-shot by some ship torpedoes if not careful.
  • Despite her AA power it is still best for her to just turn off her AA like most other DDs when in CV matches. Turn on her AA only when already under attack.
  • Her torps, like all other IJN torps, can be seen from the moon.

Conclusion:

Unlike most of her IJN DD sisters, Akatsuki is quite a flexible DD, and can be a relatively good hybrid if built for it. Her 10km torps provide her with comfortable torping, while her decent guns means she is no slouch either when it comes to a gunfight. She can torp enemies often with her fast reloads and ambush distracted enemies with her hard-hitting HE to start fires before slinking back into concealment, though her low HP pool and poor turret traverse means she should avoid getting into 1v1 DD duels if she can avoid it. Ladies shouldn't get into fistfights after all.

In all, a very rounded and reliable DD, nanodesu!

Bonus pix:

(From right to left) Akatsuki and her sister ships Hibiki, Inazuma and Ikazuchi at sea, circa 1941, colourised.

Spoiler

714343.thumb.png.25ceb96ddd6d0a7fe8dcb967f9e07791.png

Haha gotcha! Expecting a historical pix? No, it is Kancolle! :Smile_trollface:

[AN-DO]
626 posts
9,307 battles

T VII RN BB Nelson

Pros:

- Great guns, good accuracy and reasonable trajectory. AP hits like a brick for anything within reasonable engagement ranges, or maybe a sack of bricks, or maybe a cartoon anvil.
- HE is great, at its tier you can citadel cruisers with it, and DDs that come close can be in a lot of trouble too not to mention the ability to burn down anything.
- Super heal, just reprint a new ship, great for getting dreadnought achievements and also bringing dismay to opponents who think they are just about to sink you.

Cons:

- Looks like a bathtub and has the speed of one too, if you commit to the fight that's it, there is no retreat, but hey you're in the Royal Navy, be honourable and go down fighting.
- AA isn't great, you're not going to shoot down many planes and with that speed and bathtub manoeuvrability you're not likely to dodge the torp drops either
- Big citadel, if you show those flat sides you will be off to visit Davy Jones very quickly

All in all a fun and unique boat to play, a real warship too so nice to have in the collection.

• Cool 1

[NZSQN]
183 posts
3,603 battles
1 hour ago, blauflamme22 said:

T VII RN BB Nelson

Pros:

- Great guns, good accuracy and reasonable trajectory. AP hits like a brick for anything within reasonable engagement ranges, or maybe a sack of bricks, or maybe a cartoon anvil.

Cons:

- Looks like a bathtub and has the speed of one too, if you commit to the fight that's it, there is no retreat, but hey you're in the Royal Navy, be honourable and go down fighting.

I feel the AP doesn't cause as much damage as it should for 16 inchers...

Yes, once your're committed, there's no going back. You are exactly right.

[NZSQN]
183 posts
3,603 battles

Ok I'll play.

My pick is the Grand old lady HMS Warspite. 

Her strengths;

- Those accurate 15inch guns at T6 are brutal when top tier but still competitive at bottom tier

- New Mexico, Fuso, Arizona, Normadie or any ship that has up to 14inch guns cannot overmatch you

- Turns on a dime with rudder shift upgrade

- For a T6 ship, is in my opinion one of the most balanced ships in the game across firepower, speed & armour

- Secondary spec will up her range to about 6.6km. Not too bad for T6. Lots of secondary guns are forward facing too.

Her weaknesses;

- Only 8 guns means lower dpm

- Even with speed flag equipped can only reach about 24 knots

- AA is meh at best

- Turret traverse is about 56 sec or something so it's slow. However it used to be 72 sec before getting buffed so it is way better than it used to be.

- Relaxed safety regulations mean the crew have a habit of leaving fuel and firestarters on the deck. 

Edited by ArtickWarspite