You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
th3vikings

30% sale Atlanta

16 comments in this topic

[BLESS]
1,163 posts
10,429 battles

Yes, you will die many times in this ship.

I dunno what it is but lately I haven't seen too many Atlantas, and when I do they have not been especially effective.

Of course you could always ask this dude: @A_T_L_A_N_T_A

[CLAY]
2,675 posts
12,122 battles

The thing with Atlanta, is it’s hillarious guns and fire rate. It’s a hard ship to master, randoms are challenging, and you will die a lot. But it is hella fun.

[OAKUM]
2,107 posts
15,863 battles

Triple Atlanta divs, yeah !!!

Even singly, I can turn 3 BBs away at the same time,  especially because everyone is so afraid of getting paint burnt....

It's the ship that sorts the heroes from the brainless lemmings !!!

:Smile_izmena:

Ordrazz

• Boring 1

202 posts
10,977 battles

It's like driving around with 3 destroyers strapped together. It has awesome ROF, good AA, and is fun to play.

In randoms due to the fact that Atlanta is made from paper soaked in petrol, has radar and is dangerous under 10km, everyone loves to shoot at you when spotted, so it has a rather high skill base but very high potential if played well.

In ops, especially Narai, it has a big credit earning potential.

Alpha Tester
1,321 posts
4,949 battles

I fare quite well in her, she is my favourite premium ship.

Her high arc with slow trajectory speed and laserlike dispersion actually impedes you from inflicting a lot more damage, as to obtain hits to a DD at 8-10kms can be difficult. At 10+kms its not even worth wrecking your concealment, so hold your fire.

Speaking of concealment, its extremely valuable to her, she is detected from her maximum firing range when she fires, so there isn't any room to play with, unless yo get every concealment bonus active on her, Captains 4th skill, camo comes with ship, whatever else.

You can build her improved mods for either AA or DD hunting (select either improved AA focus alert, OR improved hydros for those DDs). I tend to go AA atm but more games have NO CV than have CV, and all battles as at 0803 patch DO have 3-4 enemy DD per battle.

She comes with radar already with good range 9kms approx but by the time the radar does first ping, you only have 25 seconds remaining of active radar, the hydro lasts much longer.

The reason I tend NOT to take hydro is as above, because trying to hit DD from 8-9 kms out is very hard, and will expose you to enemy cruiser and BB fire.

She tends to only take 2 salvos from a Fuso BB or similar, and other cruisers especially the russians can also smack her down in 2 salvos.

When you park her behind an island to use the great high arc of your shots, her guns can tend to grab on to the island and suddenly your high arc is useless and all shots are low trajectory into island, all the time the enemy BB on far side of island is spotted, AND you have guns trained on it...I believe this to be a dev bug they haven't fixed for years. I reported to bugs section years ago.

She has torps, this ALWAYS surprises enemy who get too close, (extremely close, 4 kms torps are a death throw), but they always hit.

AA is effective enough. However some waves will pass by and you don't shoot down a single plane, as of 0803.

Must have skills: extended firing range of main guns, I currnetly don't have improved concealment, and I'm surviving without it, but life becomes a hell of a lot better with it.

A lot of enemy cruisers same tier or 1 tier up are going to be able to hit you from several kms outside your own range.

Summary: keep all enemy at 10-13kms range, turn away when preparing to attack, use islands, don't get baited in to a DD to attack it.

She detonates easily, so flag for no detos should be sold as permanent with ship.

541 posts
6,731 battles

Atlanta is one of WoWS' memebotes, and a rather old one at that. I got it from a lootcrate back when 0.7.5 rolled around.

What's good about it?

• High rate of fire
  • Shell arcs allow you to hide behind some islands and unleash hell on some poor sucker while staying safe.
  • Has radar (combine this with high rate of fire and DDs have to be out of their gourd to attempt CQC with an Atlanta).
  • Unlimited DFAA
  • Rather good AA defenses
  • Hilarious to play
  • Has torpedoes; I know they suck, but it has them unlike most USN cruisers.

What's NOT good about it?

• Fragile; getting caught in open water is death sentence
  • Very narrow difference between detection range and max range
  • Shell velocity and arcs make long-range gunnery difficult if not impossible
  • Starved for captain skills. An ideal build consists of IFHE, Concealment Expert and Adv. Firing Training, which totals up to 18 skill points and only leaves room for 1 tier 1 skill.
  • Very reliant on positioning due to her shortcomings
  • Torpedoes are nearly useless; 4.5km range, horrendous firing arcs, and ship's fragility hinder its usage.

She is a rather hilarious boat to play and can be very fun, but very hard to utilize properly and difficult to master.

• Cool 1

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,601 posts
7,417 battles

This sums the ship up nicely.

Its an old vid but still relevant.  The Lolanta hasn't changed much from Alpha.

[FISH]
418 posts
33,285 battles

Atlanta at 30% off is still very worth it, for Random and Scenario. I would snap it up if I didn't have it already. Even post 8.0 my experience with the ship is nothing but positive.

7 posts
11,906 battles
2019. 2. 25. 에 오후 11시 58분, Rina_Pon 님의 말:

Yes, you will die many times in this ship.

I dunno what it is but lately I haven't seen too many Atlantas, and when I do they have not been especially effective.

Of course you could always ask this dude: @A_T_L_A_N_T_A

Yes

• Cool 1

[WWS]
295 posts
3,821 battles

Want a low tier Colbert experience... buy Atlanta. Want a low tier Smolensk experience... buy Flint.

izgudship.thumb.PNG.d40d6a0b71cf221fab7c620c56584f6d.PNG

IZ GUD SHIP

Edited by notyourfather

[TF44]
[TF44]
268 posts
18,252 battles

You get you moneys worth out of a full price Atlanta. Grab it at 30% off.

It is the Smolenk's grandpa. Good fun in Co-Op, Randoms or Ops.

Yep, it evaporates when it comes under direct fire but just keep spewing out your own fire starters. You will rack up damage even after your poor lolanta is awash.

[LBAS]
1,744 posts
3,468 battles

WANNA FREE LONGER RANGE RAINBOW ARC ATLANTA WITH 40 knot speed?

GET VAUQUELIN, ALSO LONGER TORPEDO!

unlike Atlanta, no one shot back at you at 15km